Black Cat Forums

Black Cat Forums (http://forums.blackcatgames.com/index.php)
-   Community Chat (http://forums.blackcatgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   *Dishonored* game demo (http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=13553)

BrokenArts 5th Jun 2012 11:03 AM

*Dishonored* game demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmOogPD2ROI

And this blurb is taken from Digital Nightfall on TTLG, he is working on the game too, which is rather cool.

I think it's OK to clarify something about those videos, which many of you have already figured out, since it's clarified elsewhere. The character build he's playing with is a maxed-out cheat for the demo. In a real playthrough if you examine every square inch of the game and find every rune, every upgrade, every coin, you might have 3/4ths of it by the final map. During this level in the real game, you're just going to have a tiny portion of it.

The point though is that the player could potentially have any aspect of this build during this level.

This game is so full of potential, its not funny. Even though the player was maxed out for the demo, seems a bit over powered IMO. Still, looks damn good. And our own Harvey, who had a heavy hand in Thief back in the day. Nice to see him again.

Keggie 5th Jun 2012 11:40 AM

that does look pretty good, think ima get that when it comes out.. on my brithday too! if i was in america doh ><!

BrokenArts 5th Jun 2012 11:45 AM

So many people are looking forward to this game. Most anticipated of the year to me. The buzz around it is amazing. A game with guts and honor, I mean Dishonor. :P There is a few more videos to watch, the official trailer has all the bells and whistle. Love the Steam Punk atmosphere.

Keggie 5th Jun 2012 12:01 PM

yeah im working my way thought the videos lol, even has some interesting music :P Drunken Sailor remake

BrokenArts 5th Jun 2012 12:35 PM

That right there had me interested in just that aspect alone. Music, ambient's can add so much to a game, and sadly so many have over looked that.

industrialism 5th Jun 2012 12:45 PM

DLC allready mentioned

]>CoD<[Chief 5th Jun 2012 02:54 PM

Think it was Indus who showed me the trailer, and certainly looks interesting - thief meets bioshock with a smidgeon of half life 2 thrown in for good measure was my take on it.

Also good to see DigitalNightfall working on it, the level of detail (without killing the system off) that he manages in his work is pretty phenomenal (his NightBlade map on his site is also fantastic).

Chief :)

FixXxeR 5th Jun 2012 03:06 PM

Looks like everything Bioshock coulda/shoulda been - keeping that one on my radar.

BrokenArts 5th Jun 2012 05:48 PM

Every person in this forum, should play that game. :P So many are looking forward to it. Should be interesting anyway. Also, a side note, TTLG is going through some major changes, a revamp of the forum, still a work in progress. We merged some older forums, archived some others, the front page is next. New people helping out, myself included. Less shenanigans over there.

WTaFa 6th Jun 2012 03:51 AM

So, how I can understand this?
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenArts
Removed Thievery redirect.

Where was this redirect. What did he did before removal? And how things work after Revamp?

Shug 6th Jun 2012 07:46 AM

vBulletin allows a parent forum to be placed that doesn't actually exist, just redirects to a different URL (in other words: here). Given that the Thievery forum used to be hosted on TTLG, it became a redirect years ago and was recently removed totally in their cleanup efforts.

WTaFa 6th Jun 2012 07:54 AM

So TTLG members could use this redirect in past to travel to BCG forum?
How much taffers had used this redirect?

Keggie 6th Jun 2012 09:21 AM

when it was new 10 years ago i would of thought quite a few, hardly any now i bet. least they havnt deleted the archive for thievery :P

BrokenArts 6th Jun 2012 07:21 PM

WTaFa, there is absolutely no way of knowing how many used it, its been archived, its gone. They kept it up for years, and years. Time has come to take it down and move on.

WTaFa 7th Jun 2012 05:59 AM

Such stats could be count from two sides of visitor traffic tunnel. Ofc I understand that from TTLG side it's useless to wait for such information. But I'm just curious why community team wasn't interested in counting that could be done from Thievery side at all. Like
We have 400th visitor from our father, TTLG old forum! Godspeed Thievery!! :):)
or
We have 300th member! Hooray!! :):):)

Keggie 7th Jun 2012 08:31 AM

proberby because at the time it didnt seem important and prob doesnt still.

now back on topic before a thread i actualy want to watch gets closed.. Game Trailer

WTaFa 7th Jun 2012 09:40 AM

Pardon me, getting newbies from TTLG wasn't important?

BrokenArts 7th Jun 2012 09:51 AM

God damnit, this is about Dishonored WTaFa, keggie is right, I was about to say it anyway. That issue is a dead topic, no one knows how many were redirected, and no one is GOING TO LOOK IT UP EITHER. STAY ON TOPIC. TTLG is in the past fucking let it go or else.

BrokenArts 7th Jun 2012 10:04 AM

Here is more goodness about the game. http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380963...012-stage-demo

18 minutes long, and LOTS of game play. Some one TTLG mentioned they'd like to see being a rat with full blown rat animation, I'd agree with that. You can possess a fish, how about with a fish eye view! Yeah......

immortius 7th Jun 2012 10:35 AM

There was a decent article on Dishonored in PC Power Play, sounds pretty interesting. I really appreciate a game that allows you to win without killing anyone.

Keggie 7th Jun 2012 12:01 PM

nice. i hope the blink and possession take awhile to become that powerfull, looks too easy with that.

industrialism 7th Jun 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenArts (Post 249395)

What do you know about Thief 4? :)

BrokenArts 7th Jun 2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortius (Post 249396)
There was a decent article on Dishonored in PC Power Play, sounds pretty interesting. I really appreciate a game that allows you to win without killing anyone.

Oh totally agree, its nice to see some core elements, that made Thief so popular. The player gets to choose. Smart games are slowly making a come back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keggie (Post 249397)
nice. i hope the blink and possession take awhile to become that powerfull, looks too easy with that.

Oh I know, it looks totally easy. But as Dan said, (Digital Nightfall) The game was maxed out to show what it could do. I wouldn't use it all the time either, of course I say that now. :P So many choices, it will be great, I hope so anyway.

Some of you may not realize this, but, Dan is a level designer for the game. How cool is that. He went to France to work on the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by industrialism (Post 249398)
What do you know about Thief 4? :)

Not a damn thing, lol. Frankly I could care less, I'm on the fence about it. Haven't heard anything in years, and I just don't follow it. News will be released eventually, then we'll all know. They mucked up T3 enough, I'm leery of T4.

Keggie 7th Jun 2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenArts (Post 249399)
I wouldn't use it all the time either, of course I say that now. :P

lol yeah right :d reminds me of my friend who played thief, said he loved ghosting and never uses blackjack, i watched him play once and noted all the bodies everywhere.. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenArts (Post 249399)
Not a damn thing, lol. Frankly I could care less, I'm on the fence about it. Haven't heard anything in years, and I just don't follow it. News will be released eventually, then we'll all know. They mucked up T3 enough, I'm leery of T4.

be positive! thief 4 will be a good game, thief 4 will be a good game!

BrokenArts 7th Jun 2012 08:32 PM

Well, Deus Ex Human Revolution turned out alright, there is hope! I can't judge on something I know nothing about, and I really wish they'd throw us a bone and give us something for god sake. No news is good news, in this case, is it?

Thebos 10th Jun 2012 07:24 PM

How I am supposed to save money when they keep dangling things like this in front of me?!?!? :)

]>CoD<[Chief 11th Jun 2012 08:14 AM

Easy, don't save :joking:

industrialism 9th Aug 2012 04:50 PM

Dishonored Pre order available on Steam

Available: 12 October 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 2 months, 1 week, and 3 hours

BrokenArts 9th Aug 2012 06:48 PM

First game in a really long time I'm looking forward to. Can't wait!

Antero90 10th Aug 2012 10:17 AM

Im not holding my breath for it.
Sorry, but I have all reasons in the world to suspect someone who has Ultima 8 and Thief 3 in their CV. 2 follow ups to great games that were released buggy and imcomplete and yet you could see there was a ton of untapped potential in the technology.
I do hope for the people looking foward to it that this is the game where they have learned all their mistakes.