• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcfarrel
    • Apr 2005

Old crap found

Greetings.

I have emerged from the shadows, or to be more... well from the depth of time, (to be honest I was fully in R&D on Czech Academy of Science since 2007 and to be honest partilay it was due to some problems of fanmade games with other community, which made me disgusted and flattened, because of people saying but not doing - typical pain in ass of some modmaking communities) only to discover the Night Blade project died.

But I do not want to cry here for it... Instead....
    I have had found few pieces of old crap on my PC(s) and old backups. Things I had in mind to transfer form TUT to NB but in this situation, my question is:
    Is the TUT community still living and do You want this crap to be finished (I will have aprox 14days of free during Christmass, so probably will be able to finish the unfinished crap)?

What I have found was:

Th-Eulenburg (076-02) updated version with some fixes (and hopefully no other problems made during fixing) - this should be already finished and ready to play

Th-DarkCathedral (049-03) this is some kind of old cryptic underground (I mean subtrerrainian) Cathedral of dark gods. with vent shafts and so. Geometry and lighting are nearly complete (just need few fixing here and there), loot spawning have to be finally added. There are unfinished animations of custom NPC models (dark priestess model and anim), but this might be just quickly fixxed by removing these custom NPC (or adding missig anims)

Th-Villa (020-06) is mansion in a large garden with few additional buildings (like house for servants), this map is under construction yet.

[Endlich/Finaly]
    ThieveryMcFmappack (OK OK I know this is to much calling mappack something, which is actually a 7zip file containing just two, at this moment, maps but...) has been uploaded to Filefront

Last stable version:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v2.1

Previous versions:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Also available on Thievery-Customs -> http://www.thievery-customs.com/
    Last edited by mcfarrel; 28 Jul 2010, 03:25 AM.
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...
  • TeeJay
    • Jan 2003

I personally would be interested in anything you accomplish. It sounds like you could finish the Eulenberg map without occupying your whole holiday, which might be a good thing.

Comment

• Thebos
      • Jan 2003

I would be interested in seeing it- still a few players out there.
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

• Edy94
        • Feb 2007

Would be nice to see the Villa map continued.
        GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
        UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• FatRatHead
          • Sep 2004

I definitely vote for finishing it. Any little piece is a blessing for the retired Thievery community.

If you need any help, just give us a shout, either here or over at the shoutbox: http://thievery.ovh.org/

Your map(s) are admired among the players, so I expect people to like the finished rest as well.

Comment

• mcfarrel
            • Apr 2005

Status report:

Th-Eulenburg 077-02 - few additional fixes, it seems it is OK.

Th-DarkCathedral 060-03 - finisihing-pollishing and tweaking additional decorations

Th-Villa (could not remember version number yet, aprox 030-04) - still under development, wrill need additional time (after finnishing Th-Eulenburg and Th-DarkCathedral), this one will probably contain additional custom models

Release of mappack (now Th-Eulenburg and Th-DarkCathedral) with additional packages (textures, models, sounds etc) during this week (DarkCathedral in beta state, so if anyone finds any missing and forgotten bug please let me know)

BTW the DarkCathedral contains custom models (these have to be used in NightBlade so have "little bit" more polys than usual Thievery Guards...)

I have to post some screenies tomorow (sorry left one of mine pendrives (including these pics) at home...)...

I have to write documentation file on few custom scripts in my Thievery packages...
            Last edited by mcfarrel; 5 Jan 2010, 03:59 AM.
            Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

• mcfarrel
              • Apr 2005

I have promissed some screenies for today so here they are (please excuse my bad thaux.ini settings in screenshot section):

First there are screenshots form the Th-DarkCathedral, showing few parts of the Cathedral and the custom models (these models differs, if You are able to recognize it form those screenshots form old models shown here > http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...?t=6636&page=6 post #155 and #156)
              Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                • Apr 2005

aditional screenshots of Th-DarkCathedral
                Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                  • Apr 2005

last bunch of screenshots of the Th-DarkCathedral
                  Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                    • Apr 2005

Few screenshots form Th-Eulenburg outskirt and sever entrance
                    Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                      • Apr 2005

last pieces (the g(r)ate in the severs)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                        • Apr 2005

And status

Th-Eulenburg fixxed last known error (well to be honest between keyboard and chair), objective Doc corpse has not been spawned and instead objective Skaarj corpse has been spawned.
                        I will chcek for further mistakes of mine this evening (just for sure)

Th-DarkCathedral two errors (possibly between keyboard and chairs) known - 1) custom weapons of Priestesses are not shown (the meshes are corectly imported and linked in default properties, but Priestesses walk with empty hands) - 2) there is an idiotic ThObjective link somewhere causing reseting all ThObjectives (both Guards and Thieves) to none when any of the priestesses has been knocked out/killed
                        Few improvements ahead (importing additional deco textures/models) and adding few pieces of architecture/furniture to the oracle part (shown on the first pics of Cathedral), this work takes two or three evenings.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                          • Apr 2005

Status report:

Th-Eulenburg is fixxed (just done few tweeks for BSP and optimization)

Th-DarkCathedral is ready to be released (just cleaning some garbage and so)

I have finaly (after two hours of frustration) found where the hell is problem with those weapons not rendered. I was using script from previous version of custom models (old TPriestess) and I have forgoten, I am using not only new mesh but also a new biped (with new biped naming base) so the hardcoded #exec weapon attach bone was set to "Bip01 Hand R" of the old biped but should have be set to "GenFem_Bip Hand R" instead (or culled down entirely, because there are no anomalities in weapon attachement to the biped).

I will check fur further problems during weekend and add some documentation on few custom scripts included in ThieveryMcFpack.

---

Further work

Th-Villa finish the map and place loot and so into the map, create few custom models for custom NPCs... (approx 60-70% of mapping is finished, need some furniture in the house and some deco in gardens, no loot distribution yet)

additional maps on my mind and in this case I need Your feedback What do You want to be finished first, I have following Ideas.

Th-DarkCorners - using environment from Th-Eulenburg outskirts with additional BSP modeling to create map simmilar to Th-Flats (piece of the city with some interior places and loot) - aprox 30% of BSP geometry from Th-Eulengurg

Th-Convent/Th-Church (the name is temporary yet) - rich convent heavily guarded by cittyguards, using previously made custom NPCs DarkPriestesses with altered skins now as "civilians" - idea (aprox 20% pre modeling was done - onhold pieces of geometry for Dark Cathedral)

Th-Ministry - large interrior map with valuable pieces of interrest, full of not only guards but also watchers and custom NPC - ClockworkGuard (v.0.1 based on the TSoldier and Soldier machine skins of UT, but probably will have its own mesh in future - something like TinMan perhaps...) - aprox 20% modeling done - old onhold pieces of geometry from Eulenburg, newer used)

Th-Opera - large interrior map based on The Phantom of opera... up today it is just an idea

---

If needed I have few additional t3d brushes/prefabs used during development, so if any mapper (are there any these days?) will need I am able to push it somewhere on the net

---

BTW is http://www.thievery-customs.com/ still running and functional. From what I see in FireFox it seems it is working but...

Comment

• Bandit
                            • Nov 2003

PM Brody
                            .:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                              • Apr 2005

Thx. Bandit. Will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X