X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dalai
    Project Lead
    • May 2002

It looks like a pretty big departure from the original games, but I'm still looking forward to it!

Comment

• FixXxeR
      • Jan 2003

Not a Hammerite in sight.

<sigh>
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

• Moses2k
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dalai View Post
        It looks like a pretty big departure from the original games, but I'm still looking forward to it!
        So diplomatic.

Comment

• Dalai
          Project Lead
          • May 2002

Haha thanks! But I am genuinely excited for it. I really enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution - they did a good job of modernising the game while staying true to the core of the originals. Hoping they do the same again here. I'll be going straight in with the 'old school' mode turned on, which hopefully minimizes HUD objective markers and the like.

Comment

• Moses2k
            • Oct 2004

Any word on how moddable it is, since that could feasibly clear up most issues people may have with it?

Comment

• Dalai
              Project Lead
              • May 2002

I would assume it'll be as moddable as DE:HR, i.e. you can patch binaries or replace shaders, but no UnrealEd or anything.

Comment

• Appollonius
                • May 2006

They switched to Unreal 3 engine for Thief, but I bet they don't release mod tools or if they do they will be pared back.

Comment

• Appollonius
                  • May 2006

Is he going to try to mario that guard or what?

Last edited by BiG_D; 2 Sep 2013, 01:21 PM. Reason: Changed huge image to link

Comment

• Keggie
                    • Aug 2005

is it wrong to buy a game 5 months, 1 week, 2 days and 15 hours before it comes out?? yes???.. oh... too late
                    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                    Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
                      • Dec 2007

Baaad, bad keggie . No cookie for you...
                      [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                      Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• Antero90
                        • Jan 2003

Well... to be honest I will also pre-order, but only because it comes with the soundtrack and art, im a sucker for those.

Also unsurprising they are not even including the other titles, Eidos Montreal is really doing everything in to rewrite Thief.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

• industrialism
                          • Mar 2004

Where is the Garret figurine that guy from the Thief 2 making of documentary was on about would be available? ... (one day, over a decade later LOL) Adam Jensen but no Garret…

*Wait’s for collector’s edition* – doesn’t purchase, yet!

Comment

• Dalai
                            Project Lead
                            • May 2002

Some new gameplay footage from EGX 2013:

It's been nearly 10 years since the last game in the Thief series was released. Eidos Montreal (this plane is getting pretty crowded) show off the hugely ant...

Wondering if I should play with focus enabled or not...

Comment

• Keggie
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dalai View Post
                              Wondering if I should play with focus enabled or not...
                              First time without and ghost the game
                              Second time with and do as you wish
                              [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                              Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                              AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Antero90
                                • Jan 2003

It's been nearly 10 years since the last game in the Thief series was released. Eidos Montreal (this plane is getting pretty crowded) show off the hugely ant...

Epic fail at ghost joke

However we did get the answer to Appollonius question

Mario KO combo! Hmmm, is Eidos reading this forum?

Questions start here:

About the gameplay.
                                Lots of hands in sight (doesn't bother me personally), leaning seems to be related to what appears to be a wall sticking ability I hope it doesn't require a special unstic, some sort of crouching sprint that doesn't appear to spend focus?, apparent possibility to climb (but I expect this to be restricted to rare special meshes) using small ledges for shortcut, lockpicking based on TDS, interesting feature to search for more secrets (hopefully a few per level) and the return of scatered level clues which wasn't really there in TDS. No clue about loot objectives but I am assuming it's still in.

Level design: its a demo level so obviously linear, they are promissing several ways in, let's see how it goes. I did felt that the inside was very similar to the 2nd mission in TDS.

Stuff confirmed once more: no Hammers (), no Pagans most likely no Burricks and since there is a plague going we will probably have some variant of zombies like in Disonored.
                                Focus... hmm... so... traps are there only for the old timers, since you can spot the whole circuit with your ubber eye.

But ah! Returning caracters! My hastly made crystal textured UED2 ball is rigging a new Victoria in possibly a similar plot of betrayal similar to the original one but without the part where she has no clothes on after shedding her human form.
                                And the voice actor taking trying to sound more like Stephen Russel.

Again, im buying it for the art and also because im still hoping it turns out to be good (I will be playing it with very low expectations), but Eidos needs to understand that if they want to unite the community around this new game they need to provide tools.
                                Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                                X