• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biohazard
    • Jan 2003

ToD Match Results

Bracket 1 Results
    Agnar's Team vs Biohazard's Team

Agnar won the toss up and opted to choose Grange as the map. Biohazard's team choose to guard first, and the match began.

Agnar's team quickly eliminated all AI outside of the mansion while Bio's team scrambled to set up defenses inside at the crucial choke points. Agnar's team began luring Bio's team out of their defense positions and launched volleys of arrows and KOs. Before they knew it, Bio's team had fallen to 4 strong. From there it was easy pickings for loot and a quick escape led to victory for team Agnar.

Now it was Bio's turn to thieve, and his endeavors can be summed up in one screenshot.

Agnar's team was victorious and will proceed to the second round. Congrats and good job guys! It was fun.
    Attached Files
  • Biohazard
    • Jan 2003

Bracket 2 Results
    Chalrif's Team vs Tempus's Team

Chalrif's Team won the tossup and deferred picking the map to Tempus. They picked Grange and Chalrif chose to thieve first.

The thieves led by Chalrif advanced slowly on the mansion, picking off AI and guards as they could. Inside, the guards had set up a good defense network which would slow down Chalrif's team. In the end Chal and his bretheren picked up the needed loot and made the quick escape.

The second round was fairly even matched again, this time with a new player on each team. While the match started very slow paced, it picked up towards the end as the time began to factor into the thieves plans. In the end Chalrif's team's solid defense network held off Tempus's team for the victory.

Attached Files

Comment

• okih-imus
      • Sep 2003

Sorry I wasn't at the game, Tempus. I had to travel back to college today and it just so happened that traffic was a little heavy (GA versus Tech football game) and caused me to miss it.

Comment

• Hasenfuss
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by okih-imus
        Sorry I wasn't at the game, Tempus. I had to travel back to college today and it just so happened that traffic was a little heavy (GA versus Tech football game) and caused me to miss it.
        Don't care about! We had a lot of fun and that's all that counts...
        ViaNox|Hasenfuss

Comment

• Biohazard
          • Jan 2003

Bracket 3 Results
          Rodent's Team vs Shug's Team

I want to start out by saying that both of these teams were amazing, and put up an amazing show. Rodent's team won the toss up and chose Flats as their map of choice. Shug responded by choosing to thieve, which turned out to be very difficult since the new version of Flats came out.

I'm going to summarize the first round in one word: Rodent.

The second round consisted of Rodent's team trying to pick off AI and guards. Shug's team seemed ready for this strategy and was able to pull of the win and tie the match at 1-1.

The last round was the closest yet, with Shug's team sticking together and cautiously picking off AI as Gladius snagged mucho loot. Shug's team managed to get the guard team down to 5 at one point, which is an impressive feat on Flats, but ultimately made several key mistakes in a time rush towards the end of the round culminating with Gladius drinking his catfall too late while taking a dive.

Rodent's team pulls off a close victory and proceeds to the next round.
          Attached Files

Comment

• beast
            • Jan 2003

gg's, didn't expect that one
            deserve victory

Comment

• Shug
              • Jan 2003

We made the decision to thieve on the strength of our side, turns out nobody realized just how stacked flats was for guards.

I still predict the winner of this match will smash the rest of the tournament
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Rythmix
                Banned
                • Jan 2005

Wow, Triple Guard victory on Flats, thats actually really impressive guarding by both teams. I guess its changed more than we realize with 1.5

Comment

• TafferBoy
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Biohazard
                  Gladius drinking his catfall too late while taking a dive.
                  Hurray for the anti-climax. I jumped and then soon realised I had no catfall and drunk a speed in mad panic .

Flats was a very guardable map 1.4. The changes to make it harder to thieve were not needed IMO. As evidence from our match, in the last round I looted practically everywhere but 3 key locations - treasury, shop and NW appartments and ended up on around 550, meaning you probably need the treasury / OR shop and some of NW / OR all of NW. Rodez got closer in the 2nd round I think, but got pwned by an AI which I shall show repeatedly, shamelessly and in slow motion in my ToD 4 video. Stay Tuned.
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• WildBill
                    • Jan 2003

I think you guys need to look around Flats more -- there's no lack of loot in the new version, I think you can even get 1000 without any of those locations. There's a few other change I've found that benefit thieves, I think it's actually a bit more balanced now. Exit is still an issue, though.
                    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• Shug
                      • Jan 2003

Clearly the fact I didn't know the map at all didn't help

Although Convo chiming in before the rounds telling us map layouts was pretty good
                      Nightmaster,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• TafferBoy
                        • Mar 2003

I did miss one of the new rooms that is true, but I still think its unlikely that you can win without hitting those locations.
                        Most hadn't played enough 1.5 to cash in on these new secrets and stuff which sprung up on every map so Phae can look pr0.

Comment

• beast
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by glad
                          Hurray for the anti-climax.
                          haha, you and me both. >_>
                          deserve victory

Comment

• TafferBoy
                            • Mar 2003

Beast's clutch attempt is one for the books.

Comment

• WildBill
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TafferBoy
                              Most hadn't played enough 1.5 to cash in on these new secrets and stuff which sprung up on every map so Phae can look pr0.
                              That's not the word I'd generally use to descrive those changes.

Originally posted by TafferBoy
                              Rodez got closer in the 2nd round I think, but got pwned by an AI which I shall show repeatedly, shamelessly and in slow motion in my ToD 4 video. Stay Tuned.
                              Looking forward to that.
                              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Working...
                              X