• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepQantas
    Tester
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Salsa
    I'm fond of black with glowing yellow eyes. It has nothing to do with dragons - really.
    Here there be (tasty) dragons! Yum!
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

• daniel
      • Jan 2003

i vote claymore's! i dont think it has to look mean, it is looks exactly like what a tireless sentiential watching for thieves should look like.
      This is my cool sig.

Comment

• Schleicher
        • Jun 2003

@Claymore : Imho the Crux of your model is the mouth, the other stuff is nice. Cant give any solid suggestions tho. Mebbe removing it/something Vader-esque/just a slit/covering it with plating/a round loudspeaker which makes the woo-woo alert thingie or something, hell dunno
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

• claymore
          Account not validated
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Schleicher
          @Claymore : Imho the Crux of your model is the mouth, the other stuff is nice. Cant give any solid suggestions tho. Mebbe removing it/something Vader-esque/just a slit/covering it with plating/a round loudspeaker which makes the woo-woo alert thingie or something, hell dunno
          Now that I look at it, I have to agree. I'll change that I think.
          Last edited by claymore; 26 Mar 2005, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Firetiger
            • Jun 2003

The nose bothers me, you should try and make it less pointy or something.
            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

• claymore
              Account not validated
              • Dec 2003

I've changed the mouth because it always botherd me for some reason. I've tried to make it bit more machine-like by making a more angular mouth and putting a grill texture over it. Does this look better or worse?

Firetiger: I've changed the nose a bit so it isn't as pointy as it was before.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by claymore; 26 Mar 2005, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Convict
                • Jan 2004

Claymore if you have time could you try making the shape more of a rectangular face (not a rectangle but more like the old watcher) when looking from the frontal view - I think it would make it look more hard edged.
                Night of the Werewolves II
                HarryPotterwars
                A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

• FatRatHead
                  • Sep 2004

I like the shape and all as it is, but the skin could be different. I would like to see it different from the old one.

Comment

• claymore
                    Account not validated
                    • Dec 2003

You mean like this? I'm not sure how to do it because max naturally just smooths out the model. This is just changing the view, so it doesn't show it smoothed out. *talking to convict*

Anyways, I'm interested to know, anyone else working on a Watcher model?

apart from cythe and alpha
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by claymore; 27 Mar 2005, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• The Creator
                      • Feb 2004

If you can figure how to get the model to really be that way, it would look sweet after retexturing.
                      Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

• Radamanthus
                        • Jan 2003

It's an absolutely amazing model, and Thievery could almost use it as a standard to revamp the rest of the mod. a highly-polished, no longer UT99-old-skool bad graphics is what yeh've got there. Can't wait for it too be implemented (hinthint)

BTW, you're using 3DstudioMAx, right? You know whre i can get a cheap copy of it? Until then i'm stuck using Autodesk Revit and exporting to all kinds of odd filetypes.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• claymore
                          Account not validated
                          • Dec 2003

Thanks, rad. I wouldn't call it that amazing, but your comments are much appreciated.

As for 3ds max, I'm using version 5, which still has most of the features of the newer versions (up to 7 now). I think you can buy it for about $3K now, though I've heard that some bad people download it off p2p, but obviously no one here would do that.
                          Last edited by claymore; 27 Mar 2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Master-Builder
                            • Mar 2003

You can get a 2 year student license for 100$, which is a somewhat cheaper solution if you happen to be studying something.
                            Last edited by Master-Builder; 27 Mar 2005, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Radamanthus
                              • Jan 2003

My Architectural design prof. gave me his old copy of Revit (6.1) And he's got an old 3DS version too (5.0)
                              Now i jsut have to outbid the rest of the school district...

thanks for the idea, MB
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• Firetiger
                                • Jun 2003

Yeah, I got a 1 year liscense of Max 7 for about $100, student discount. They list some retailers on their website.
                                <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Working...
                                X