X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junglist
    • Aug 2010

Ideas for swarm

Having a bit of a perfectionistic nature i like to perfect what i enjoy.

Heres my list:

Sometimes i point my cursor far side of screen when ready to shoot large swarms, in my excitement as my cursor is already at end of screen and swarms approach i press fire in the direction they are coming. A couple of times i have not fired at all but heard a blip realising i just drew on map instead. Would be nice if there was a second or 2 delay before mini map was useable. I have never seen it used in intense situations where its an emergency to use asap so would not cause harm.

Twin lasers for dual weapons would give the game a more polished feel.

Medi-Gun would be better without a beam (as a purple beam comes out of it anyway) or something better suited (not hidden under red), due to caring alot about FF stats i rarely choose medic because a couple of times i have had wrong equipment drawn and shot at my team. I have seen others do this too.

Like with Counterstrike, ability to mute players individually. Other night for example i got put off by a person who doesnt use mic at all but liked to press the mic button to play pop music. There are a fair few young AS players about. You could even go one better and mute by steamid and make it stored.

All sentries should be stricken from friendly fire stats, its not the builders fault.

Dedicated server browser should only show games of the current version.. on empty servers i am clicking down the list, lowest ping to highest and majority are on the version before.
    Last edited by Junglist; 25 Aug 2010, 10:44 AM.
  • lightfoot
    • Oct 2005

Doing friendly fire should result in losing experience points. The more I think of it, the more I like the idea (*claps own shoulder*).

Maybe just simply x1, x2, and so on, depending on difficulty setting, maybe just on hard or above.

I have seen Push-and-pull off on some servers, and real blocking of characters, which in my view results in much better controlled gameplay, so any chance to get an option for that too, that the team can set?

Comment

• Junglist
      • Aug 2010

It would be so much better if we could have the traditional style, was you with me foot when someone actually did get pushed into the pit on cargo running across ledge? Being pushed out the way is proper nasty.

I still dont like the thought of what future griefers could do with loss of exp, there are enough gamers out there that want to spoil your gameplay (just think about why you disabled mic in the first place mate).

Comment

• Behind You
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Junglist View Post
        Sometimes i point my cursor far side of screen when ready to shoot large swarms, in my excitement as my cursor is already at end of screen and swarms approach i press fire in the direction they are coming. A couple of times i have not fired at all but heard a blip realising i just drew on map instead. Would be nice if there was a second or 2 delay before mini map was useable. I have never seen it used in intense situations where its an emergency to use asap so would not cause harm.
        Put asw_minimap_clicks 0 in your autoexec.cfg and that won't happen again.

In regards to marine push/pull, I believe asw_marine_collision 1 makes marines fully solid.
        Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

• Junglist
          • Aug 2010

Would that be a permanent thing though? On rare occasions i do like to use the map but i do have plenty of time to do so.

Marine collision is a cheat cvar and only for self created. Although tags might make things easier as its hard searching for the ideal dedi servers as it is. Default would be better, i feel its the wrong way round.

Another idea:

Earlier on a group of us tried playing on a mates created server, as he had high ping for me a mate of his suggested he create a server and go there. We gave leadership to that person to see if that would move us onto his server automatically but it never. I asked original creator to leave to see if that would and it still never. It would be good if original creator left it created a server for who is next in line of leader. A continuous cycle of servers would be happening so players could stick with each other without being forced to add each other due to leader just abandoning.

Comment

• Behind You
            • Oct 2004

The cool thing about asw_minimap_clicks 0 is it only disables drawing on the minimap. You can still hit tab to pull up the full map and draw normally.
            Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

• Junglist
              • Aug 2010

Still, hover for x amount or to even have to just click twice (as you could hold down fire on first mistake) would be very beneficial. Not only to me but im sure others aswell, like those who do not know console.

Noticed earlier than when my mate left created server it ended up making me create server.. not sure why it didnt work before.. there was only 2 of us though.

Been playing HC FF, Onslaught with Brutal and been enjoying it, its a shame there wasnt an achievement for having to play with them settings throughout the whole campaign.

Comment

• Felix
                • Apr 2006

The game needs an "Instant Restart" button besides the regular "Restart".
                www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Kein
                  • Apr 2009

Well... i consider this more as a bug: when you are building sentry/welding/unwelding door u can't properly aim/handle your character, coz it is "sticked" to the door. So, u need to move far away from an interactive object to use your aim/gun properly which can be fatal sometimes.
                  VERY ANNOYING.

I suggest to make "active zone" for int. objects ONLY when you are faced to them. Make sense and removes the annoyance.

Comment

• tbk
                    • Aug 2010

achievement

Could u make an achievement for ending the campaign in brutal hardcore onslaught ? or even an outstanding execution in brutal hardcore onslaught ^^

Comment

• Junglist
                      • Aug 2010

If ammo has fully depleted and you run to ammo box, if you pick up lots of ammo and the reload bar appears you cannot quick reload, would be nice if you could as usual.

Comment

• Felix
                        • Apr 2006

If ammo has fully depleted and you run to ammo box, if you pick up lots of ammo and the reload bar appears you cannot quick reload, would be nice if you could as usual.

How on distant planet could you quick reload while stuffing ammo into your pockets?
                        www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Junglist
                          • Aug 2010

With the vindicator your fully standing up by the time it hits the rectangle in the reload bar.. i'll double check that tomorrow, should be same for others.

Comment

• Saxby
                            • Jun 2007

There are a fair few young AS players about. You could even go one better and mute by steamid and make it stored.
                            I've found that I can only stomach playing with friends as I like to play a solid corner covering game style where everyone sticks together, covers friendly backs and avoids FF (perfection). This never happens in public games. People don't tend to like playing that style in public games and they get bored after 5 minutes and go ramboing.

All sentries should be stricken from friendly fire stats, its not the builders fault.
                            It's either the builders poor placement or the players poor judgement that results in the sentry FF so it would be hard to meausure this in the stats. So I agree

Comment

• Junglist
                              • Aug 2010

With the reload thing, it works if rapidly pressing reload so probably should come under bug section.

Yeah, its as you say though Saxby, with public games the others are a liability in most cases so shouldnt be penalised for it, it can be torture just playing with randoms as it is without your stats getting even more messed up by them.

Another idea, to make finding the medic easier if you have players either side of you i think it might be a nice idea if the radar was their class colour instead of the basic green (not that im dissing the radar mind as it is much better than before). Or if you call them (i need medic, i need ammo to?) their radar blips. Also i like that when you call bots to Go it shows red lines, it would be nice to have that as an option for the client to turn on or off, then you dont have to rely on them just hearing it being said (an option which is on by default for new players and not just a cvar).

Tesla i think is great now its been fixed, i do feel though however that it should be tweaked for parasites. Maybe not so much the infecting ones but the ones that blow up. I use up alot of energy just trying to kill one (think it is similar on all difficulties, i only play on insane and brutal now (if it wernt for speed runs there would be no normal games, i like it hard) but still think that with tiny swarm its now underpowered for a high energy weapon).

Weapons that have grenades on them shouldnt imitate the flamer in my opinion, i have noticed when launching from my vindicator and assault rifle (is it) that all it does is just burn, the impact and explosion should cause extra damage if not kill first contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X