• Jan 2010

Originally posted by FixXxeR View Post

You also get the opposite of that - Shug in this case,
    oh yes, the saint himself.

Comment

• FatRatHead
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
      I see no fun in playing with cheating/exploiting players. And if that is a big challange, then I vote for generally allowing exploits (and/or) cheats. Equal rights for everyone.

Shug cannot decide banning them on his own, it would require collaboration with all server admins to work out a consquent solution that works.

Does the low playercount warrant special protection for unfriendly /cheating /exploiting players? Is this the right approach?
      Yes this is why we as a species even have this sort of behaviour.

Comment

• Shug
        • Jan 2003

Their behaviour, language and attitude are the reason for the ban. I also happen to know they were cheating, but if other people won't be convinced of that, that's fine. There were already plenty of people who didn't like the way they conducted themselves before I called them out on it, and other server admins such as neurofunker also sided with my decision - well, for a time, at least, before unbanning them and then publically going against it. Low playercount doesn't excuse extreme antisocial behaviour in my mind, in answer to Trap's musing on that subject.

When I say they were exploiting - I meant they were caught using anti-crack and anti-flash prior to promod. That is 100% fact. They also indulged in behaviour such as suiciding while cracked to respawn in a favourable position in public, which is essentially raging - despite more than one warning from me.

Amusingly, they can claim some credit for having me ask immortius for a solution to anti-flash / anti-crack, which is directly responsible for promod. So next time they complain about how much of promod isn't to their liking, you can tell them to give themselves a pat on the back for making it happen.

I have never told people how to run their servers, simply suggested that they be banned and listed my reasons why. Running my server strongly and backing a system to improve on stock TUT 1.6 has upset a number of people, though, which is a shame for them.

I'm not afraid of these two as they'd have you believe, and I'd play them in a competitive match on a fair server running promod fixes and with appropriate spectator supervision as well as them recording their own play to show legitimacy. They simply have shown time and again that they are incapable of playing other people without being turds.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Edy94
          • Feb 2007

nice work tafa
          GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
          UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• WTaFa
            Banned
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
            nice work tafa
            thanx Getty

Comment

• FatRatHead
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Shug View Post
              I'd play them in a competitive match on a fair server running promod fixes and with appropriate spectator supervision as well as them recording their own play to show legitimacy. They simply have shown time and again that they are incapable of playing other people without being turds.
              Well then let's see the match. I think I'm speaking for the whole remaining community when I say that we'd very much like to see the match and a crushing defeat for either side will be a rare & much enjoyed indulgence. Bring it on!

Comment

• Keggie
                • Aug 2005

nice idea WTaFa, should really ask before uploading other peoples videos tho
                [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shug View Post
                  Their behaviour, language and attitude are the reason for the ban.

Low playercount doesn't excuse extreme antisocial behaviour in my mind
                  Well said. That's exactly where I was pointing to.

Both atmosphere and the quality of the matches suffer from it. And this doesn't make "Thievery more attractive for new players" either.
                  [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                  Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• FatRatHead
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
                    Well said. That's exactly where I was pointing to.

Both atmosphere and the quality of the matches suffer from it. And might not make "Thievery more attractive for all new players" either.
                    Fixed to what you actually are saying.

Comment

• Sly
                      • Oct 2007

I hardly think two supposedly cheating nuisances contribute towards anyone's enjoyment of the game, Fat.

It has no positive effects, and I strongly agree that they should be kept away from public play until more effective anticheat measures are in place (something promod can actually help with).

Hell, if I ran a full-time server, those two wouldn't even touch it, cheating or not. Their attitude alone should merit a permanent ban.
                      >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

• WTaFa
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                        nice idea WTaFa, should really ask before uploading other peoples videos tho
                        Thanx Keggie!
                        do you mean youself or other person(s)?
                        ofc I'll ask these permissions and as video violator will be thankful also for:
                        1. videos that I have not yet in my channels
                        2. videos with more high quality which I can use to replace already uploaded
                        3. descriptions for thievery videos
                        4. original videos without non licensed music tracks (cos youtube system mute/hide some of tdqs that violate copyright privacy for some countries):
                        "Your video, ThieveryUT - Public - Louie TH-Grange 1v3 Clutch Win, may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI.
                        No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.
                        Sincerely,
                        - The YouTube Team"

5. video comments

6. likes
                        7. subscriptions

I'll collect any (non mine) videos cos:
                        1. I can make my own descriptions for videos
                        2. I can control presence of videos in youtube - if somebody will erase own video I'll still have a copy of that video in my channel
                        Last edited by WTaFa; 22 May 2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• WTaFa
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2010

Funny video about bugs in animations during using big S3 textures
                          Thanks for Komandor roleplay in it
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by WTaFa; 22 May 2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• FatRatHead
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            I hardly think two supposedly cheating nuisances contribute towards anyone's enjoyment of the game, Fat.

It has no positive effects, and I strongly agree that they should be kept away from public play until more effective anticheat measures are in place (something promod can actually help with).

Hell, if I ran a full-time server, those two wouldn't even touch it, cheating or not. Their attitude alone should merit a permanent ban.
                            While observing those players in their natural habitat (on a server), I noticed that they are not abusive and do not show any signs of this abusive behaviour that tends to be a popular tag for them. What I see is 2 teens.

Either way, new players have never seen better and only the tough ones ever stay - that's why the 2 still hang around.

Comment

• Sly
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
                              While observing those players in their natural habitat (on a server), I noticed that they are not abusive and do not show any signs of this abusive behaviour that tends to be a popular tag for them. What I see is 2 teens.

Either way, new players have never seen better and only the tough ones ever stay - that's why the 2 still hang around.
                              You're looking at them with rose-tinted glasses, then. The reason they disrupt so much comes from their gameplay. They do something lame/supposedly "hax"/rage-inducing, someone gets annoyed and calls them out on it, and they respond crudely.

Their attitude is just bad. And don't blame it on age, I was a "teen" when I started and I got on well with most people.

New players stay for a variety of reasons; don't oversimplify it. And especially on Thievery, player interaction plays a big role. It was one of the things I liked about it when I started too, that the community was so small that everyone kind of knew each other, and there was a lot of friendly banter. It's much more fun to play with people you know.

Now say a new player joins for the first time, joins T, gets firespam and a witty remark from those two. He's not very likely to stay, is he?
                              >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

• WTaFa
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2010

Sly, how much you played last 3 months? I didn't saw you at all so its interesting for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X