X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FatRatHead
    • Sep 2004

Actually, these are silent starting from the fastest:
    crouching and running with a bow out (23.7% of standup run speed)
    standing and creepin (20%)
    crouching and walking (17%)
    crouching and creeping (7%)

crouching and running is not (this is the default crouched speed)

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

who needs sound tweaks when you have surround sound headsets, oh wait, i shouldnt of said that, its an unfair advantage and should be considered cheating
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• [E.D.G]Chief
        • Jan 2003

Yes, but your tesco mouse and keyboard help counter-act the advantage Keg
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

• WTaFa
          Banned
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
          who needs sound tweaks when you have surround sound headsets, oh wait, i shouldnt of said that, its an unfair advantage and should be considered cheating
          and what know? it's pointless to have such map design like TUT had? cos we have openal+surround?

everyone here have sound experience from past days? when sound tweeks and surround sound weren't discovered yet

what sound galaxy system fits Thievery gameplay? from old age or from new age?

if from old stone age ONLY then TUT gameplay (I'm not talking about broken map design already) has no future at all - every player would have own sound radar like in SC (wow it would become not so stealty uh?)

Comment

• Trapmaster
            • Dec 2007

Map design? Did TUT ever had a unified map design?

It would be nice to be able to check what sound drivers are in use, but afaik it cannot be checked by now, or if at all.
            [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
            Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• WTaFa
              Banned
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
              Map design? Did TUT ever had a unified map design?
              Well
              whOOt?
              you didn't read all threads from 2003 to see some universal things about it?
              no excuse!
              It would be nice to be able to check what sound drivers are in use, but afaik it cannot be checked by now, or if at all.
              If guard often killed you with sword (or even bolts!) in full darkness (without shadowslashing and flares at all!)

If guard who usually patroll map (there are plenty of them) easily track you, when you make one or !OMG! two so "silent" foot steps (and then suddenly attack or ambush you!).

Someone cried about flarescanners and shadowslashers? How lame! What about sound scanners? Who never ever use flares during their patrolling!

Chest farming? What idiot need this? Real guard able to cover unlimited perimeter without any damned flare!

Someone cried about random shadowslashers? How lame! What about "random" shadowslashers that able to get you using their FIRST sword hit in large patch of darkness?

But in order to see so obvious strange things, that were mentioned above, Thief must be more attentive and analyze current situation almost every second. To be ready to do this Thief need to play really stealthy (Oh my God - no kos&kills!).
              And escape only with flashes and invis pots (no crack arrows!). Thus it become more obvious when some lame ass ALWAYS could track and kill you by sound only, when you activly run and activly hide for life.
              And of course you must to play against strong guards about whom we don't even think that they use sound gadjets. W00T? These players are strong cos they so so skiiiiiiiiiiiiiilleeeeeeeeEEEEEED, Yeah!!
              Last edited by WTaFa; 7 Nov 2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Trapmaster
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by WTaFa View Post
                Well
                whOOt?
                you didn't read all threads from 2003 to see some universal things about it?
                no excuse!
                I am a mapper and I just played the maps and cannot recognize any real guidelines.

Nar, I am still waiting for a wiki that represents it for me in a nice and summarized form .

These players are strong cos they so so skiiiiiiiiiiiiiilleeeeeeeeEEEEEED, Yeah!!
                I think so too.

And I was just pointing out it would be nice to have such a thing as you can then stop making assumptions and check directly. Nice to have, wouldnt it be ?

And I just posted so everybody can see my new signature. But sssh... I would never do such a thing .

Comment

• Keggie
                  • Aug 2005

duh! the guidelines would be occam
                  Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
                    • Dec 2007

Hm I still doubt every map looks like Occam .

Anyway did you notice my new signature?

Comment

• WTaFa
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2010

I think so too.
                      And I was just pointing out it would be nice to have such a thing as you can then stop making assumptions and check directly. Nice to have, wouldnt it be ?
                      Could you show me a gamer, or better some Taffer, who don't want to make assumptions?

It's nature of TUT. It was born on such engine. Kinda built-in-future - every player could change OMG! sound driver for our game. Muhahaha!

Also community was tight. Thus in such small community admins and experienced players using own assumptions could control what is going on servers.
                      Originally posted by WildBill
                      Originally posted by Lurox
                      Frantic will always have a place on my server, but I dare him to flare-scan (random flare lighting) the levels again. This is the one thing that really pissed me off.
                      A shame. I could have sworn I read your name on the list of admins who said they ran clean, honest, cheat-free servers. And, for that matter, the list at the beginning of this topic. So, since this is apparently not the case, you'll forgive me not gracing — or cursing — your server with my presence.
                      This is result of having just assumptions and nothing more. Cheater could be on current server? Then don't play there. Very simple.

Not every one need 100% proof, Trap.

And I just posted so everybody can see my new signature. But sssh... I would never do such a thing .

Well, it's nice and cool I believe. Congrats

As part of EDG can you describe last guild event in what your took part? How long ago it was on the timeline?

Also what the difference between activity of still 'active' and 'probably still active' members
                      Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
                      Probably Still Active Members if they return:
                      [E.D.G]Necros
                      Admining own server doesn't count as enough active step in our, almost killed by tweeks community?

Comment

• Keggie
                        • Aug 2005

As part of EDG can you describe last guild event in what your took part? How long ago it was on the timeline?

Also what the difference between activity of still 'active' and 'probably still active' members

Admining own server doesn't count as enough active step in our, almost killed by tweeks community?
                        what makes you think thievery is the only game EDG play in? trap recently played an event on my thievery server and he has done on and off over the last 2 years

active means still about, probably still active means they are currently MIA but might well appear and randomly play
                        Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
                          • Dec 2007

Could you show me a gamer, or better some Taffer, who don't want to make assumptions?
                          Me.

Also community was tight. Thus in such small community admins and experienced players using own assumptions could control what is going on servers.
                          Not to forget the 06/07 tyranny .

This is result of having just assumptions and nothing more. Cheater could be on current server? Then don't play there. Very simple.
                          And still players play there. So...?

But you made a point. I will quote this important post: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...1&postcount=14

Well, it's nice and cool I believe. Congrats
                          Aww thanks man . Just look at Keggie. He still is not even giving me a nice comment .

Regular poking the chief sessions.

Hmm now what was the last event you took place as TGW member.... .

On a side note, this still is the promod thread, right ? Or is it? Really? Nobody knows!

Comment

• WTaFa
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2010

And still players play there. So...?
                            Everyone made own choise. Pay attention to my example btw - Lurox made one choise and WB made another.
                            Hmm now what was the last event you took place as TGW member.... .
                            I don't care much of events which were not in real Thievery Guild.
                            Regular poking the chief sessions.
                            Member of EDG don't remember when it was last important event of his Guild? Well at least thanx for sincere answer.
                            But you made a point. I will quote this important post: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...1&postcount=14
                            I don't get you. Does this means that you able to quote important post? Well you do this but I failed to see that you have own opinion about this post. I can't see why this post is important. It was just random idea that there is must be something import?
                            On a side note, this still is the promod thread, right ? Or
                            Promod is great stuff.
                            Last edited by WTaFa; 10 Nov 2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X