• Sep 2005

Originally posted by TafferBoy View Post
    KAM - NB is not Thievery
    Referring to which comment ?
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• Hybrid
      • Jan 2003

I like that idea, but to remove the shadiness of vine/water arrows, could we perhaps have something that's just an opposite of Heavy Drinker and Gourmet?

Foodless: Didn't drink any potions; didn't eat any food, and accomplished something notable (>25% of total loot stolen or >2 kills, just to throw some numbers out there).

It shows you got some skillz (or luck), but you can't get it by just going on a hunger-strike in the shadows.

Comment

• TafferBoy
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
        Referring to which comment ?
        Referring to the comments you gave Immortius concerning various titles - trap disarment, loot gathering, KO'ing, guard kills and melee weapon.
        Pretty much all your comments are assuming TUT game mechanics. For example, in NB thieves cannot kill guards except with re-deployed mines, so getting the 'murderer' title is extremely remote. And who knows what number of KOs can be expected in an average game when the gameplay is still at its rudimentary stages.
        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
          • Sep 2005

Referring to the comments you gave Immortius concerning various titles - trap disarment, loot gathering, KO'ing, guard kills and melee weapon.
          Pretty much all your comments are assuming TUT game mechanics. For example, in NB thieves cannot kill guards except with re-deployed mines, so getting the 'murderer' title is extremely remote. And who knows what number of KOs can be expected in an average game when the gameplay is still at its rudimentary stages.
          Right.. immort already addressed those.. I must have missed the memo that NB was not going to have fatal weapons for thieves

Comment

• TafferBoy
            • Mar 2003

I guess the question is: What is the virtue of having hardcore DM'ing in a stealth game? 'Deathmatching' caused more grief to more players then any other issue in all of TUT long history - I think its sensible to take that into account when constructing NB's gameplay.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
              • Sep 2005

I agree.. but a nice big bold announcement in 48 bold font is what is needed for that as there are others besides me that didn't realize that the initial plan was to have no death weapons for thieves.

I personally think that thieves should be given 1 arrow max... either to be used as a noise decoy by cracking it off a brick wall, or for that prized one time, one hit kill... makes it more special to enjoy and aim that arrow properly.

Comment

• TafferBoy
                • Mar 2003

there was a bit of a direction change when players voted for a stealth rather than combat orientated mod. For good melee fighting try pvkii.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                  • Sep 2005

there was a bit of a direction change when players voted for a stealth rather than combat orientated mod. For good melee fighting try pvkii.
                  hmm....
                  * searches for poll... *
                  * not seeing poll... *

Comment

• TafferBoy
                    • Mar 2003

never said it was public

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                      • Sep 2005

^^
                      Well glad to see you worked out the solution to the problem

Now back on Titles:
                      We need "Assassin", "Sharpshooter", and "DaggerMaster" for thieves

Comment

• TafferBoy
                        • Mar 2003

^^
                        good luck with that

Comment

• Hybrid
                          • Jan 2003

What if you summon some UT3 weapons as an admin?

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
                            • Jul 2004

Epic havn't allowed online server admin summoning from UT2003 onwards. Though I guess you could have meant for people trying NB offline

I feel its a shame that they removed the admin abilities as in UT99, Asylum was much more fun with:

killall thieverymod.thobjectcarcass

as Nekky can testify

It's true mutators can bring back the ability but as yet I havnt seen one made for UT3.

You can however use the weapon replace mutator from ut3 in NB but it can be buggy

I myself went a different method and made a mutator that gave AI and players a modified NB sword that could do headshots
                            [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• Hybrid
                              • Jan 2003

While I must insist that you could summon weapons in UT2k4 (including within Swurm), I don't have UT3 and must take your word for it, then.

It's a pity. Sometimes thieves just need to go on a rampage. Think summoning vehicles would be good enough?

: "Lord Gerome, there's a tank here to see you."
                              Last edited by Hybrid; 30 May 2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Hybrid View Post
                                While I must insist that you could summon weapons in UT2k4 (including within Swurm), I don't have UT3 and must take your word for it, then.
                                You can insist it all you like, but its not true for online games. That is why a few of us got together and made AdminPlus

Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
                                It's true mutators can bring back the ability but as yet I havnt seen one made for UT3.
                                I've been asked many times to update AdminPlus for UT3... someday I'll get to it

Comment

Working...
                                X