X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Machine
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MiffedUser View Post
    The "It's a co-op game" thing doesn't really fly there.
    Yes it does. Read the game description.

Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective
    Keg is correct. Adjust your loadout.
    ~TuF~

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chainsaws View Post
      You, sir, win a prize!

It has been noted that on residential the northernmost room with the eggs in requires a tech but you can get there without one. Can someone confirm this is true? I'm not sure if we started without a tech or we lost him half way but the mission didn't end.
      The marksman rifle also shoots through the door. That's about the only good use I've found for it...
      Based on a true story.
      The prequel.

Comment

• Aggamemnon
        • Jan 2003

Just chainsaws through it.
        How TuF are you?
        League of Legends
        Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

• MiffedUser
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Aggamemnon View Post
          Just chainsaws through it.
          If you stand against the door and throw a Tesla trap, it will go through the door and land on the other side. At least, it used to. Haven't tried lately.

Comment

• westy
            • Aug 2006

I've seen someone use the precision rifle to shoot the eggs through the door.
            Kept an xmas avatar for 3 year(s).

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
              • Apr 2005

But there's also the possibility of running it solo. The "It's a co-op game" thing doesn't really fly there. The point I'm making is that if you're gonna have an obstacle that can't be passed, without warning before the mission starts, then add a dropped weapon, or put a warning when trying to start the game.
              I think that "this mission requires minimum 2 marines" covers it quite well.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Kasto
                • Jan 2004

In residential near top left you can trigger the bomber bug, run near the door and with some luck a bomb will bounce off the door far enough in to the room to burn all three eggs.

Comment

• Tape432
                  • Jul 2010

Not really sure if this is something that one would consider noteworthy, but there is an area or two that can't be passed while solo-ing with a certain loadout.

First up is the Cargo Elevator. If you don't carry some sort of weapon which deals ranged damage you cant blow the barrels that cause the pipe to knock down the bridge to cross the gap.

For example, I just discovered that carrying a chainsaw, freeze sentry, and tesla trap renders me unable to complete the level, since none of these will hurt a barrel.

I'm going to assume the same happens in the sewers, where you must blow open the grate before the four shield bugs.
                  This is a very stupid topic considering there are always weapons lying around which you can pick up, discard after use and continue to use your normal setup.
                  "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
                  Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

• truecrisis
                    • Jul 2010

I'm going to assume the same happens in the sewers, where you must blow open the grate before the four shield bugs.
                    The area in sewers doesnt require you to blow up the barrels, you can just destroy the wood pillar holding up the swing thing. I've done it personally.

First up is the Cargo Elevator. If you don't carry some sort of weapon which deals ranged damage you cant blow the barrels that cause the pipe to knock down the bridge to cross the gap.
                    I believe I've seen someone push the pipe down without blowing up the barrels.

Comment

• MiffedUser
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tape432 View Post
                      This is a very stupid topic considering there are always weapons lying around which you can pick up, discard after use and continue to use your normal setup.
                      Not on the elevator. Play again and you'll see there are no weapons laying around to pick up. And true crisis, it was already explained.

Comment

• Zebra
                        • Aug 2010

You can get through the knock-downable pipe. Its kind of a lucky thing, so I guess you better play as Vegas when you do it. It can mess up so just be careful about it.

Also, to everyone else: the OP is aware that you pick weapons to suit the map. But to anyone who's actually doing a 'challenge' sort of run using no weapons whatsoever, then it can become a problem since nothing is outright telling the player, "Hey, you can't do that sort of thing in -this map-" instead of letting the player discover that for himself.

Comment

• BioSnark
                          • Aug 2010

Cargo is passable w/o lowering the bridge. In addition to above just run along the edge of the pit.

Comment

Working...
                          X