Resolutions are not displaying correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ki!ler-Mk1
    • Apr 2005

Resolutions are not displaying correctly.

Hi, I am unable to get UT2004 to accept the "setres 1440x1080" This game works best in 4:3 or with the widescreen patch. I do not wish to use that as it reduces awareness however I seem to be unable to play in 4:3 at 1080 height.

I am not the only player experiencing this. Whenever I set 1440x1080 the game sets to 1440x900 and then stretches (x1.2) to match the screen height so on my 22 inch display I see black bars on the right an left each I would guess 96x1080

I know of another user with a similar problem, he cures it with Windows xp dual boot.
    Alien Swarm Map List
  • x-newbie
    • Mar 2006

Nope that is not my problem

My problem is that it streches both height and width to fit the screen and screws aspect ratio completly.

Its omega's driver fault that the keep aspect ratio option applies only to video.
    That for Windows 7 omega driver.

On XP the omega driver works fine.
    Keeps aspect ratio and fills with black the rest.

Aint no cure the dual boot Its proper driver

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
      • Apr 2005

The resolution in game says 1440x900 and my screen is at 16:9 w/ 1920x1080 and the black bars are only to the left and right, I am playing at 8:5 aspect ratio.

I will try setres 1728x1080 since that is what I am getting it stretched up to.

The black bars should be much much larger for 4:3.

EDIT: Going to double check if I have the widescreen patch or not.
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Nanj
        • Apr 2005

If it's an ATI card, you need to trick it into maintaining aspect-ratio. It's been a problem with all drivers since Vista and they've never bothered fixing it.

Anyway, under CCC "Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)" the radio buttons for Image Scaling are disabled. You need to set your resolution to something 4:3 (1024x768), then you'll be able to change the Image Scaling. When you change back to your native resolution, it will remember the setting for 4:3 resolutions.

If it's not an ATI card, then that information is useless.

Comment

• x-newbie
          • Mar 2006

Its an ATI 7750 yes and that just doesnt works.

Comment

• NoData
            • Mar 2005

AMD drivers are a mess sadly. Also got that problem with my 7970s. There is not much you can do.

Changed for NV and game res is fine, even if I'm on my 3 monitors mode (5970x1080 still render the game in 4:3).
            My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
            And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Working...
            X