X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gaelwyhn
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by sky-fiwa- View Post
    i was trying to get in the Thievery map editor to see if i can make a map, but i had a critical error. The error said:

General Protection Fault!

Histroy: UEditorEngine::Init <- Init Engine
    I'm having that same problem. I can finally get the shortcut to start working, but when it pops up with that title screen for UnrealEd, it stops working talking about how it doesn't have some bot pack or something.

What should I do?
    Loot - That's what I want and that's what I'll have. I'll get what I want because I know how to get it.

Comment

• FatRatHead
      • Sep 2004

Fixed it yet? One of your later posts says you already created a room.

Please let other people know how you fixed this.

Comment

• Gaelwyhn
        • Jul 2010

I found out that I had the folder in the wrong location. I had another UnrealTournament folder in the first, and that folder had it's own System folder. I also put quotations in the shortcut target, and I didn't know I wasn't supposed to.

Now I'm having problems applying textures to a simple square from the BBD tutorial on how to use the UED 2.0 thing. I don't know what's wrong. It seems to work fine when I used the modded UnrealEd shortcut that I've added INI=ThAux.ini to, but the textures aren't working when I try to apply them. I need an absolutely detailed tutorial so I can get this done, because I have some ideas I really want to put into a map.
        Loot - That's what I want and that's what I'll have. I'll get what I want because I know how to get it.

Comment

• Gaelwyhn
          • Jul 2010

I solved the problem for me. I am using the unrealEd I got in the folder instead of the one that I was missing that when I installed Thievery 1.6.

Comment

• Gaelwyhn
            • Jul 2010

Nevermind. I got it.

Comment

• Appollonius
              • May 2006

Anyone had problems loading up a map at all? I load a map and it doesn't even show in the editor.

Comment

• Przemek557
                • Jan 2007

Does it happen to all the maps or just one particular? Make Sure you run UnrealEd with ThAux.ini. Create a shortcut to UnrealEd, and set the path to
                Code:
                X:\...\System\UnrealEd.exe" INI=ThAux.ini

Comment

• mcfarrel
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Appollonius View Post
                  Anyone had problems loading up a map at all? I load a map and it doesn't even show in the editor.
                  There is something missing. Dependencies are not fulfilled. There is icon on the bottom of the UEd showing hint "show full log window" (just right to the cmd line on the bottom).
                  When You open this log window and try to reload the map (that actually does not load and black windows/blank grids are shown instead of geometry/BSP) the bottom line of the log will show what is missing.

But the loading process halt when encountered first missing dep. So there might be other dependencies editor does not see (yet)

You may either obtain missing package or create dummy package with dummy class to load the map...
                  Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

• Appollonius
                    • May 2006

Warning: Failed to load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament GOTY\Thievery\th-maps\TH-Aqua': Can't find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament GOTY\Thievery\th-maps\TH-Aqua'
                    Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament GOTY\Thievery\th-maps\TH-Aqua'
                    Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament GOTY\Thievery\th-maps\TH-Aqua'

There might be a problem. It's not loading the full filename. Maybe the path string is too big?

P.S. That seems to be the case. Thanks.

Comment

• Keggie
                      • Aug 2005

yeah prob, somtimes picky about stuff like that. iirc it didnt like gaps in the paths when importing sounds either, i used to import all custom stuff from C drive in no folders
                      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• mcfarrel
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                        yeah prob, somtimes picky about stuff like that. iirc it didnt like gaps in the paths when importing sounds either, i used to import all custom stuff from C drive in no folders
                        Surely.

Appollonius try to move Your UT install to "(drive\UT\" This should do the trick...
                        Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

Working...
                        X