Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcfarrel
    • Apr 2005

Sorry for late response here. I was out due to real life problems (Programming VSM controller as shown on pic below), but now I am back in business...
    Attached Files
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

• mcfarrel
      • Apr 2005

Ok but back to the drawing board. I attached few screenshots of new LightSource meshes for the interrior. I will post additional screenshots of progress tomorrow (becuase I left these home on my PCs hdd due to my stupidity), Now there are gardens partially done (aprox 50-60%) severs (nearly finished) and some household and furniture stuff here and there (need finish twoo more rooms) and place loot on the map.

Up to this date there are six guards and two additional NPCs (probably should be additional guards in the outskirt...)
      Attached Files
      Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
        • Jul 2004

Nice models, though I think they'll look nicer with ceiling mounts as opposed to their being chandelier like chains going up through the ceiling (that's my opinion anyway).

Oh and nice signiture, you should show it to Mordengaard sometime...
        [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
          • Jan 2010

ah yeah, looks good, a lot better then crappy vanilla models we've got on all the maps.

Comment

• mcfarrel
            • Apr 2005

Ok. Now for some real work.
            First of all I would like to introduce enhanced light trigger capable of changing not only the state of lightsource but alos a state of corona/fake corona (using dummy actor) and light/unlight and scale glow of lantern object.

Images below show turn how the lightsource is looking turned off and turned on respectively.
            Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
              • Apr 2005

Now some additional production screenshots of the Th-Villa map.
              Showing few interrior places, parts of the gardens (partially finished), severs and so on...
              Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                • Apr 2005

additional screenshots...
                Attached Files

Comment

• mcfarrel
                  • Apr 2005

and final batch for today...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                    • Jan 2010

looks pretty nice, but when i'm looking at maze, i do fear lag, used to much small/short brushes, when you could use more big/long ones, to reduce lag, check Th-Gerome maze, has good performance and looks good as well.

Comment

• Bandit
                      • Nov 2003

Maze looks like mesh to me so it shouldn't decrease fps like brushes do.

Originally posted by mcfarrel View Post
                      Ok. Now for some real work.
                      First of all I would like to introduce enhanced light trigger capable of changing not only the state of lightsource but alos a state of corona/fake corona (using dummy actor) and light/unlight and scale glow of lantern object.

Images below show turn how the lightsource is looking turned off and turned on respectively.
                      Does it work with torches?
                      .:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                        • Apr 2005

Maze is made of meshes, not brushes !!! So no BSP just pseudo-static mesh objects (unreal mesh objects with possition fixxed to the grid)

Comment

• mcfarrel
                          • Apr 2005

Bandit current version of Enhanced light trigger works with thievery trigger lights (as far I know from what I have ahd tested), if the ThieveryLightTrigger works with torches then th ERnhancedLightTrigger will do (otherwise) I have to (probably) write one on my own to fix this...

I have jsut checked the Thievery mapping section on ThieveryUT.com and from what I have read there I suggest this trigger would not work with ThieveryTorches. Instead this will need an enhanced ThieveryTorch (maybe later I will do something, maybe when I move to Th-Church/ThConvent map...)

Comment

• Edy94
                            • Feb 2007

Hmm meshes playing the role of a wall?
                            i think there are some issues.
                            1.light is not casted uniform on all the meshes so its created a kinda creepier effect
                            2.the fps may be bigger since the engine loads whats behind the mess too (not sure about this )
                            3.have you tried to lean on one of these messes? most probable that you are able to see through them, which will spoil thieves position (maybe increasing the blocking radius)
                            4.in case the maze is supposed to let thieves vine it and climb it, you'll have to use extra invisible brushes with grass texture

and btw, oh yeah these chandeliers looks much more better. nice work out there
                            GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
                            UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                              Maze looks like mesh to me so it shouldn't decrease fps like brushes do.

Does it work with torches?
                              umm ok, but it looks weird, i preffer geromes maze look, not many tiny blocks like here.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                                • Apr 2005

OK will do if the BSP count allows me to do so...

Comment

Working...
                                X