X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildBill
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TheMachine
    So your saying that using this is a bannable offence on public servers?
    I'm saying that doing this repeatedly with the intent of ruining games to make a point about an exploit that's been fixed is raging, and I'll ban anyone doing that.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• TafferBoy
      • Mar 2003

Get your hand of it machine, there are a heaps of exploits that people don't use on public servers in order to have better games, public servers are for casual games. for example, I've rarely seen the vent exploit on spiders used in a public game, nor have i ever thought of using it myself in a public game, you also rarely see excessive stacking, chest pincushioning, or exiting exploits used intentionally. These are easy to do, but that dosen't mean players will use them.

If you are saying that your basically 'gave up' in the last round, that is sad to hear, because it discredits those you faced in the match, saying that they only killed you because you 'weren't trying', when you obviously were. Poor sportsmanship, if you had indeed wiped everyone out convincingly and only the exploit prevented your victory I might be a little more sympathetic.

The show goes on.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Shug
        • Jan 2003

Also to be fair to us, you didn't DM us (which I take to mean a win by DM) at any point as your post suggested Mach. The round you won was via objectives.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Aggamemnon
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TafferBoy
          I don't want the issue to put a damper on the efforts of Louie, Shug and Rodez; our guards perform extremely well in that round and the Mutant's efforts to DM failed...
          Only got one thing to add here, besides well played mockers, playing better on the day is, that I did in fact have everything required to win, (I know shock horror I had objectives) but was unaware the lift had been taken/blocked and was pissing about there for a while, we actually wasn't going for a pure DM that round.

I've got no complaints about the lift (save the fact I like a OMG agg obj won! once in a while) because I didn't come into the tournament blind, and understand and accepted the rule on exploits.
          How TuF are you?
          League of Legends
          Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

• Machine
            • Jan 2003

As I said, discuss in IM. Your argument is flawed Gladius, as no other exploit to my knowledge effectively makes a map unwinnable. Even the spider trick.
            ~TuF~

Comment

• TafferBoy
              • Mar 2003

Well my post was trying to say that people don't use certain exploits on public servers. I was responding to your claim that people would use this exploit all the time and that aquatone would have to be taken off the map list etc etc. Players already avoid using some of the 'harsher' exploits.

If there is a flaw I can't see one. In fact, the larger the exploit the less likely it is to be used, little exploits are used all the time, greater ones are used rarely or much less often, I would say a 'map-breaking' exploit would be used never on pub.
              Also what is wrong with discussing things here? Although there isn't really much more to discuss really.
              .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Radamanthus
                • Jan 2003

I am throughly confused, now, as to whether or not use of this exploit will be permitted during the tournament.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• Archie
                  • Feb 2004

Well I guess there is no rule against it now Rad, at least I haven't read anything 'bout changin' them, so my guess it's still legal but lame, and if anyone wants to use it it's their choice.

Comment

• WildBill
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    I am throughly confused, now, as to whether or not use of this exploit will be permitted during the tournament.
                    It is permitted.
                    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Working...
                    X