Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcfarrel
    • Apr 2005

Updated version of ThieveryMcFmappack just uploaded...

Last stable version:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v2.1

Previous versions:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Also available on Thievery-Customs -> http://www.thievery-customs.com/
    Last edited by mcfarrel; 28 Jul 2010, 03:25 AM.
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

• Edy94
      • Feb 2007

Congrats on the release
      Mappack uploaded on [TRS] Thievery UT 3 IN 1 (85.122.82.26:8888)
      Whats with the th-convent.unr ? filesize 0 bytes

EDIT1:Hmm cant open Villa

Warning: Failed to load 'ThieveryMcFDecoPack1': Can't find file for package 'ThieveryMcFDecoPack1'

Log: Failed import: Class Class ThieveryMCFcrew.TFemaleServant3 (file ../System/ThieveryMCFcrew.u)
      Last edited by Edy94; 26 Jul 2010, 02:43 PM.
      GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
      UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
        • Jan 2010

i'm having same error with TFemaleServant3, pls check

Comment

• mcfarrel
          • Apr 2005

Th-Convent is a placeholder file, for upcomming map Th-Convent I will post some devel shots in few days (I am relaivelly bussy right now).

ad Th-Villa error (dependencies) seems to be my fault, I have had forgot to update system packages, sorry for this mistake of mine I will fix this during this or the next day (depends on whether or not I have the right system packages on my portable UT installation - but I have the nasty feeling I have these only on my home PC).

Sorry for this - this is exactly what will happen when You are doing five (or more) things simultaneously... Shame on me...

[EDIT1] I have searched my portable UT install and I have not got updated system folder here (same as in archive). Fixxed version update will be added (reuploaded) tomorow) [/EDIT1]

[EDIT2] Fixed (hopefully)
          Last stable version:
          FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v2.1

Previous versions:
          FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1
          FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Also available on Thievery-Customs -> http://www.thievery-customs.com/
          [/EDIT2]
          Last edited by mcfarrel; 28 Jul 2010, 03:25 AM.
          Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

• mcfarrel
            • Apr 2005

Fixxed and uploaded to FilePlanet, ThieveryCustoms approvement pending...

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
              • Jan 2010

nice work on that map Farrel! Me and Getty tested it abit, and found some bugs, going gather em together and send as report here.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                • Apr 2005

OK... I will see (when feedback arrive) what I can do with these bugs... Thanks for testing...

Anyway:

1) any other mapper (are there still any these days) is allowed to use pieces of script, objects and so included in packages of this mappack.

2) if any other mapper is interrested in, he/she is allowed to use props/brushes from my maps (If so just contactme and I will upload t3d archive)...

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                  • Jan 2010

ok, bugs we found so far:

almost all elevators are buged, or can be activated only at some floors
                  buttons disappear at kitchen elevator (dont put them in the movers way or they will get atacked to it ), also texture missing in it.
                  ThSmallSwitch51 and ThSmallSwitch4 are in the same place. remove one of them
                  ThPlainDoorknob6 not Attached to the door.
                  some sewer doors can't be opened.
                  the objectives items are stored 1 by 1 in inventory, filling it up. maybe you can
                  make some group
                  In house with servant somewhere outside, beds and some items are complete black in rooms.
                  if u are on the balcony and try jump over to the roof, u'll get stuck

suggestions:
                  lots of empty/unused spaces outside, some trees/bushes/grass/rocks, and other objects could be added for more detail
                  maybe only one exit, instead of 3, will be more balanced for T vs G gameplay, like only at gates outside.
                  To much lights outside, delete some of map (around house mostly), is to bright, looks a bit unrealistic, also kills the atmosphere (thievery likes more darker areas.
                  Fill that main hall/entry room with furniture and other things, looks to empty.
                  Check movements speed of new AI models, they run to fast.
                  Also textures on that new models look to bright, maybe use level control function in photo editing program (white/black levels), it makes in my opinion look things better.
                  Also adding map or location strings would be good.
                  Every map must have eastereggs and secrets, pls add!

OK! I think thats enough for now...
                  Bug and suggestion report has been done by me and Getty.
                  Cheers.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                    • Apr 2005

OK will see what I can do with these bugs. Thanks for feedback...

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                      • Jan 2010

no problem, if you need a tester, i could be one.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                        • Apr 2005

It is typical... Programmer/mapper will always make mistakes whenever writing a pieces of code, designing level or linking things together. It is definitelly wise to have at least one person capable of trying to test foolproof state of "final" work...

OK stop talking and do debugging...
                        Last edited by mcfarrel; 3 Aug 2010, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                          • Apr 2005

Debug:

ThPlainDoorKnob6 not attached - missing attach link of correspponding ThDoor - fixxed
                          ThSmallSwitch51 duplicate switch deleted (copy-paste artefact) - fixxed
                          Lift1/2 - fixxed some minor problems (tester probably messed and mixxed feature for bug)
                          MainKitchenLift - button possition problems, button event-tag link i kitchen problem - fixxed
                          ShowerDoor missing tSwitchGlassTexture - fixxed
                          kitchen elevator - texture missing in it - fixxed

Not Found:

some sewer doors can't be opened. ???
                          if u are on the balcony and try jump over to the roof, u'll get stuck ???

NeuroFunker please send me exact location (I could not find these...)

Some Problems still occure (build or so):

In house with servant somewhere outside, beds and some items are complete black in rooms.
                          - do not know why, Rebuild replaced but still invis collis hull blocks light emmiters Strange ???

the objectives items are stored 1 by 1 in inventory, filling it up. maybe you can
                          make some group
                          - in matter of fact there are groups but the core thinks subgroups are separate objects (6 types of glasses)
                          this is pain in ass... As usual I tried to make little bit nonstandard and variable environment and this is
                          exactly what I have obtained... :-D

Comment

• Edy94
                            • Feb 2007

some sewer doors can't be opened. ???
                            -ThDoor330 and ThDoor329 dont have a 2nd moving state, only Base

in matter of fact there are groups but the core thinks subgroups are separate objects (6 types of glasses)
                            -maybe u can make 6 spawn which will spawn only 1 type of glass but with different meshes

-try use the object's block colision option and delete the invisible brush (only for the bugged objects)

-any chance seeing u online?
                            GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
                            UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• mcfarrel
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
                              -any chance seeing u online?
                              Maybe on monday, but I am in Prague so I can be online (form work with my portable (T)UT 9-17 approx (+1 for GMT+1 resp +2 when summer time is on) so 10-18 GMT only...

Comment

• mcfarrel
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
                                in matter of fact there are groups but the core thinks subgroups are separate objects (6 types of glasses)
                                -maybe u can make 6 spawn which will spawn only 1 type of glass but with different meshes
                                Ah shit... More scripting 'assues'... OK maybe later (aligator)

Comment

Working...
                                X