• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mordengaard
    • May 2002

Th-Mirror (Alpha)

[Excerpt from Thief Objectives]
    Things were going well, right up until some skifford tripped the alarm. You barely managed to escape with a few sacks of loot, and now it feels like every guard in the city is on your heels. You've dived into an old abandoned factory and barred the gates, but it won't be long before the guards break them down - time to find another way out!

[Overview]
    • Thieves start with sacks of loot from previous job and have to escape with at least n of them (determine n for balance)
    • Guards start the game outside the factory and must break down the gates to enter and "resume" the hunt for the Thieves.
    • Two routes for the Thieves to escape - out of the roof access, or down through the sewers.
    • Both exits are locked and the keys are not in the factory.

If by this point you're going "Oooookay... Mord's flipped", read on *chuckles*
    • Thieves discover a dying old woman in the ruins. It seems her whole life has been linked to this building, and as she dies her memories cause the past and present to merge.
    • All the mirrors (intact or otherwise) in the ruin are portals to past versions of the building, from it's initial purpose as a factory, then it's use as an orphanage, then it's last use as a hospital before it was abandoned.
    • Thieves have to go back in time to retrieve the two keys needed to escape. In each time zone, different rooms and routes will be available.
    • Sadly, the old woman won't last long, and if she dies, all the portals will close and there'll be no escape from the guards.

So, there you have it - a four-dimensional Thievery map. It's still early days, but I'll post some screenies of reasonably complete sections. The usual disclaimers regarding texture, detail, brushwork, actors, and lack thereof apply.

Th-Mirror was inspired by Brody and dedicated to his continued patience and support for the Thievery community. Thanks also to Gullonefox for some thematic suggestions!
    Last edited by Mordengaard; 18 Dec 2006, 11:50 AM.
    Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
    :: Howard Scott
  • Mordengaard
    • May 2002

[The Furnace Room & Boilers]

[The Elevator]

Last edited by Mordengaard; 18 Dec 2006, 11:51 AM.

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

Comment

• Rّé
      • Dec 2003

Mordengaard you're so cool.
      This sounds totally awesome... a bit like the cradle in Thief 3, which was my favourite mission.

One question:
      When Thieves pass through portals, will the whole map change or is it just that they are in a "seperate" map and guards have to pass the portal as well to follow the thieves?

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
        • Sep 2005

Sounds like The Cradle.
        My Profile Sux.

Comment

• Mordengaard
          • May 2002

Ah-ha, yes, The Shalebridge Cradle mission from Thief: Deadly Shadows. A former orphanage, turned asylum, turned ruin... mm, it does sound familiar.
          Have no fear, there will be no undead, no spooky ghosts, no poltergeist activity. This map isn't intended to be scary or tense... at least, not in that way. Worry more about the guards behind you than the ghosts ahead.

There are basically three (or four :p) versions of the same building, each one representing a different time period; the mirrors are portals between the versions, so it is possible for thieves and guards to be in different time periods, and the connections aren't linear (i.e. there is more than one way through to each time).

Comment

• DiP
            • Apr 2005

I give this preview 10/10 chucks if this map will feature no spiders If not, 8/10.
            Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
              • Sep 2005

I didn't buy TDS, just because of the Cradle.

Anyways, i will be waiting (for release)
              My Profile Sux.

Comment

• Brody
                • Mar 2003

You should, sky. I love to play Thief Series only because of the Apes, Rates and Ghosts u fight with. I love them, muahahaha.
                A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

• necros
                  • Apr 2004

Look forward to playing or testing this, defo unique from all the other TUT maps, if not bearing a resemblance to shalebridge
                  Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

• Keggie
                    • Aug 2005

looks good
                    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                    Videos - YouTube

Comment

• FatRatHead
                      • Sep 2004

Yes, if looks could kill, we'd be dead now.
                      I see why mord wants 1.7... to implement this map as Official.

Comment

• VooDoo*|MbR|*
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2006

looking nice, hah a new map for 1.7, cool!

Comment

• Gullonefox
                          • May 2002

Mord is going to own all over this map, have played a very very eary version, looks sweet!

And a wicked idea to boot!

It's funny that there are so many ideas you can do using such old tech! We have both been throwning ideas around together and still there are many more wild things that can be done! Using simple things in wild ways.

Viva la mordy!
                          Chimp off the old Block

Game Designer

Comment

• Mordengaard
                            • May 2002

[The Basement]

Comment

• DiP
                              • Apr 2005

Loving it

Great job!
                              Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

Working...
                              X