Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminus
    • Jun 2004

Wow. Being a bit overly defensive here are we?

Comment

• Inq
      • May 2008

It seem that most people are in agreement that it just looks quite ugly, especially when people start naming themselves, for example, "Louie" where the colours get more obnoxious than anything. I can see you're adamant about the whole colour thing in the player scoreboard, but I personally just can't see what it'd add to the aesthetics of the game. Surely it would just become one of those blazé extra game features that nobody pays attention to after a week or two, just like how few people on forum boards use coloured text for general posts.
      http://rjanes.co.uk
      http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

• Baz
        • Jan 2005

Heaven forbid Moses takes advantage of it
        Imagine the horror that would be the clan Crab Shack tag.
        ..it's safer here.

Comment

• TafferBoy
          • Mar 2003

players will abuse things no matter what. Imo thats no reason to be afraid of adding customization options that the vast majority of players will enjoy and use sensibly.

no reason why colours have to be fluro and whether its tacky or not is a personal decision. I think that AlTeRnAtInG CaPiTaLs makes you look like an idiot - doesn't stop people using them.

However, if its not already in UT3 it sounds like it would be far too much work for very little gain.
          Last edited by TafferBoy; 16 May 2008, 09:22 PM.
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Ghostly apparition
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
            and if it was possible it doesnt mean ppl will actually color their nicknames in all colors of the rainbow.
            But it doesn't mean they won't. In fact, just the fact you said that, will have some people doing it.
            If they want to make this possible I don't really have an objection to it as long as there is some way for me to turn it off.

Edit: regards Baz's post. Moses is a case in point, one has only to look at his profile to realize some people will abuse the colors options.
            Its hideous and unreadable.

Comment

• LoUie
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by TafferBoy View Post
              I think that AlTeRnAtInG CaPiTaLs makes you look like an idiot
              totaly agree.

Ghostly apparition: also depends on what we all mean with "abusing". im quite sure that a HUUGE part of the majority is on our side when it comes to having a rainbow colored nickname. i think ppl would more try to add a color here, and one there and try to make it look good rather than coloring your nickname in all colors possible and make yourself look like a total CLOWN.
              .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

• LoUie
                • Nov 2003

double post.

oh well, not to much more to say, now ive seen some opinions. only thing i can hope for now is that they actually do this option, then im gonna color my nickname in all colors of the rainbow and a few more just to annoy you guys XDD

Comment

• Ghostly apparition
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
                  totaly agree.

Ghostly apparition: also depends on what we all mean with "abusing". im quite sure that a HUUGE part of the majority is on our side when it comes to having a rainbow colored nickname. i think ppl would more try to add a color here, and one there and try to make it look good rather than coloring your nickname in all colors possible and make yourself look like a total CLOWN.
                  I have to agree with you that for the most part players would probably tend to be tasteful with their color choices. But I have seen enough clowns on these forums already to know that it will be abused.
                  Like I said as long as there is an option to turn it off so as not to annoy me I don't care.
                  But if the devs were wise they won't create options that will annoy their playerbase. What would be the sense of that?

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                    • Sep 2005

It will also get annoying when people change their name to the same color as the background like this "KamZor"
                    (Highlight to see)
                    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• Rodent
                      • Jan 2003

stop giving them ideas.
                      Nightwarden,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

• LoUie
                        • Nov 2003

haha Spam, i kinda found that amusing aswell but since there werent to much to say anymore i thought i wont bother. i cant stop myself from saying it a 3rd or 4th time, but exaggerating abit in here arent we.

Comment

• Ghostly apparition
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SpamSlayer
                          To annoy their playerbase?
                          Well, I still like the idea. But of course lets wait for the rest of the code to be written ;D who knows, maybe when Nightblade goes beta the feature will be in and if it gets a negative response a small patch will come removing it >.<
                          That was the one part of my post you noticed when in fact the quote below is the most important.

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
                          Like I said as long as there is an option to turn it off so as not to annoy me I don't care.
                          They can make Giant Green alien letters to make your name with for all I care as long as there is an option to leave it normal. For people who don't care to view others foolishness.

From reading the comments already, I know who the clowns are.

Comment

• LoUie
                            • Nov 2003

They can make Giant Green alien letters to make your name with for all I care
                            no need to exaggerate, we already have enuff of that here for the last time XD

For people who don't care to view others foolishness.
                            to add a color of two to your nickname to make it look nice/cool in anyway isnt foolishness. its in several huge games already from big companies, now you dont think companies like ID software etc would add FOOLISHNESS to their games now? thought so. yet another exaggerate ;>

Comment

• necros
                              • Apr 2004

I'm sure louie is the one with the pink and blue name who totally OWNNNNZ at freezerail huh?

Although when used right it can make your name look really nice, it'd most likely be a much better use of the coders' time to make the game rather than worry about coloured names

Oh, and the entire game Doom 3 and (to a lesser extent) Quake 4 were total epic fail so, i wouldnt put it past them.

Oh, and it's spelt colour...
                              Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

• FatRatHead
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TafferBoy View Post
                                no reason why colours have to be fluro and whether its tacky or not is a personal decision. I think that AlTeRnAtInG CaPiTaLs makes you look like an idiot - doesn't stop people using them.
                                Someone's in troublee

Comment

Working...
                                X