Thread: AO-DM-TrainingDay

Registered
    Apr 2005

AO-DM-TrainingDay

I had a thread for this ages ago...and I renamed the map(ever so slightly) and didn't want to necropost, so I made a new thread

Everything is done...all the glitches fixed, and even I(Yes, I am that good) can't kill the...things in the pit.

However, 2 questions about 2 problems, as soon as they get answered and fixed accordingly, the map will be released.

Not that you care, but I have been slaving over these 2 problems for months now and no success.
    • Customstimtheme, I found the old thread and followed the instructions in that. And got it imported. It all works fine, I can hear it in the editor, but...I set it as the customstimetheme, and go in-game, with the effects and music sound at 1, but when I stim...I hear nothing...I've tried renaming the file, its very simple, no spaces, no highercase, just "stimnoslowdown". It's currently in mylevel, would importing it into its own package help?
    EDIT: The thought just occured to me that maybe it wasn't 17 seconds long...*checks* 17.004 seconds, do I really have to clip that .004 out?
    • Heh, this one is much simpler...How do I set a map description? The way I do it for normal ut2k4 maps doesn't work...
    Of course, you can always apply for a beta position if you *really* want to. But its past beta, so it would be pointless .

Thanks.
    Your order has been dispatched!

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by deathispainfull View Post
    I had a thread for this ages ago...and I renamed the map(ever so slightly) and didn't want to necropost, so I made a new thread

I still have that map

EDIT: The thought just occured to me that maybe it wasn't 17 seconds long...*checks* 17.004 seconds, do I really have to clip that .004 out?
    No, the sound will just last .004 seconds after the slo-mo stops.

• Heh, this one is much simpler...How do I set a map description? The way I do it for normal ut2k4 maps doesn't work...
    If you mean threat levels and things like you see in a campaign lobby, it won't be necessary unless you're making a campaign with the map in it. Custom campaigns normally don't have a lobby map. If you mean for the objectives screen, there are some special actors for that.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
    I still have that map
    I was amazed to find out that I still did

No, the sound will just last .004 seconds after the slo-mo stops.
    Damn, I wonder what the problem is then?

If you mean threat levels and things like you see in a campaign lobby, it won't be necessary unless you're making a campaign with the map in it. Custom campaigns normally don't have a lobby map. If you mean for the objectives screen, there are some special actors for that.
    Yep, the objectives screen, what special actor(s) is this?

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Thanks Fuzzy, that works. But does nobody know why my stim music isin't working?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Try mimicking exactly how other maps with custom stim music do it. For starters, you said you ended your file with "noslowdown" while other maps end their sound bit with "NoSlow".

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Try mimicking exactly how other maps with custom stim music do it. For starters, you said you ended your file with "noslowdown" while other maps end their sound bit with "NoSlow".
    Tired that. Doesn't work.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Have you looked at the older posts on this? Done everything word for word? (I had a fun time getting the stim music to work for my (defunct) map too.)

You have to choose the sound file, edit it in a music file editing program, it's 17 secs long so you have to cut the best 17 secs outta it (and perhaps fade 1 or 2 secs in both ends to make it sound cool ).

Then you have to put edit it mono and 8-bit, save it in .wav-format and then go to Alien Swarm Editor.

When you get there, import the .wav file in a new package if you want it to be downloaded seperately or myLevel package if you want it to come with the map (remember to NOT save the myLevel package! Or you'll be doing for some time.

After that you have to set the objectives frames properties, there you should find "CustomStimTheme" and set your .wav there, and it should be your stim music.
    A typical problem with UED(2) was that files that had a space chatacter in their path name would not import. Not sure that it still happens with 3, but I think it may be the case. If you're keeping the file in a folder like 'Program Files' or 'My Documents' it's possible that that's the cause of the problem.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    I followed it exactly, yes.

The only thing that I did differently is that the fade in at the start is muted to full, could it be because of that? Should I try going half to full?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Is it in 8-bit mono? Are you sure? This is likely what the problem is...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG_D View Post
    Is it in 8-bit mono? Are you sure? This is likely what the problem is...
    Yes I am sure.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Can you provide the sound clip in question?

While we all have the utmost of Faith in your abilities, perhaps one of us could get it working on our computers, and be able to provide some insight.

Registered
    Apr 2005

Registered
    Oct 2004
    < Navy

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses2k View Post
    < Navy
    I want this map to be different, at least in one way.

I got the same problem age ago. Import the file from the "C:/stimNoSlow.wav", it should work now.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Jan 2003
    With NoData's tip, everything works fine when I put it into AO-ReactorCoreSpeshul.

May I assume that your AoMissionInfo Properties does contain the line:
    Code:
    CustomStimTheme     Sound'myLevel.stimNoSlow'
    ...?

Registered
    Apr 2005
    With NoData's tip, everything works fine when I put it into AO-ReactorCoreSpeshul.

May I assume that your AoMissionInfo Properties does contain the line:
    Code:
    CustomStimTheme     Sound'myLevel.stimNoSlow'
    ...?
    Doesn't work for me

Umm, its actually in a folder,

"Sound'mylevel.stim.stimNoSlow' or something.

I'll take it out the folder then

Registered
    Jan 2003
    So, we've found our problem?

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Nope, it didn't make a difference.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Have you tried detaching and reattaching the hoses? If that doesn't work, be sure to reticulate your splines. That should keep the UED Joblin off your back .. for awhile.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I was trying to avoid asking for this, but can you provide the map in question? (by e-mail: hybridemail (tA) gmail (toD) com -- if you're paranoid about everyone downloading an incomplete map)

We cannot rule out... user error.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    I was trying to avoid asking for this, but can you provide the map in question? (by e-mail: hybridemail (tA) gmail (toD) com -- if you're paranoid about everyone downloading an incomplete map)

We cannot rule out... user error.
    That's most likely the case.

Sure I'll email you it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Okay, the problem is that the Briefing/Loadout music is playing in the level; the stim tune won't play over level music (see Mercury, BehemothTournament, etc.)

Fun fact: late-joining spectators will be able to hear stim music, because the level music won't be playing for them if the players have already triggered it.

I don't have any experience in fixing something like this though. It's either in an option somewhere that you inadvertantly changed (or didn't change?), or you'll have to set up an trigger next to Player 1's start location that will immediately end music as soon as the level starts. But that seems kind of silly -- I'm quite sure that No Music is the default.

Okay, the problem is that the Briefing/Loadout music is playing in the level; the stim tune won't play over level music (see Mercury, BehemothTournament, etc.)

Fun fact: late-joining spectators will be able to hear stim music, because the level music won't be playing for them if the players have already triggered it.

I don't have any experience in fixing something like this though. It's either in an option somewhere that you inadvertantly changed (or didn't change?), or you'll have to set up an trigger next to Player 1's start location that will immediately end music as soon as the level starts. But that seems kind of silly -- I'm quite sure that No Music is the default.
    Custom stim music wont work if you put some music over, Mercury is a good example. You could create an exception by adding "AllowStim" at the end of the ambiance music file.

Ill take Sulfure as an example; The custom stim music work all the map, cause the ambiance song is called;
    "AoSulfureAmbianceMusicAllowStim.ogg"
    That song start only when you cross the door of the east platform and you enter the plant. The custom stim music work with or without the music trigger activated. Thats what "AllowStim" do.

But when you do the final battle, its another song;
    "AoSulfureEndBattleMusic.ogg"
    That song enabled without the "AllowStim" stop the custom stim, and cause the second music file used to slow down insted of starting the custom stim.

Good luck! Hope that will help.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Ahh, I forgot all about that! I modded this from my own version of Trainingday that sort of went wrong, and I added my own song to it...

*removes song*
    That worked, thanks

Argh, found a BSP Hole, lemme fix that first

Another miraculous save by ND!

Dont remove the song, just add "AllowStim" at the end. Should work perfectly now.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NoData View Post
    Another miraculous save by ND!

Dont remove the song, just add "AllowStim" at the end. Should work perfectly now.
    I didn't want that song to be used anyhow, wouldn't suit it...

So you didn't save it, Salsa did. Sorry

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I take cash, major credit cards, and dragon media.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses2k View Post
    < Navy

Glad you got that sorted, I was going to suggest the 8-bit mono problem and the directory problem, but I'm waaay too late
    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Thread Information