Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UArchitect
    • Jul 2005

i use upad and cleverly made batch files!

Comment

• lightfoot
      • Oct 2005

Dalai, I will try that WOTGreal, sounds really useful, so thanks for the tip.

I got a question. Or, rather, a problem.

The very primitive 'Grunted' gametype described above does work. In that way that when I set a map's DefaultgameType to Grunt.AoGruntedInfo, and start the map from within the Editor, it does what it should. It also works when I start the map from the console or from a .bat file.

But when I start the game normally, single mission, or via the vote menu, something makes the game use the AoPrototype.AoGameInfo again!

The same happened when I tried to test the map on a server. The DefaultGameType setting just got ignored or overridden.

What is it doing that? And can it be prevented?

For opening the map from the console or from a .bat file will of course not work in multiplayer. Except maybe for an admin, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Sofos and me did a bit more research. He managed to make killed marines respawn at scheduled times, and with a standardised loadout.

But this will be worth nothing if that custom Gametype class can't be used in normal multiplayer game...

EDIT: I found some classes as suspects for that last second change of gametype: AoMissionSelectSinglePlayer, AoHostSingleMission and AoCustomCampaignPage. All from the AoInterface package.

Damn, apart from actually coding that custom Gametype, it seems to be a further problem to make the game use it at all.
      Last edited by lightfoot; 12 Sep 2007, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• cerevox
        • Apr 2007

i have 0 coding skill or i would pitch in and help. this sounds like an awesome idea though so ill chear for yall! which is about all i can do.
        "Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."

Comment

• WhichDoctor
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cerevox View Post
          i have 0 coding skill or i would pitch in and help. this sounds like an awesome idea though so ill chear for yall! which is about all i can do.
          Yes my eyes started to glaze over after the third post or so as well . But I do like the idea, would make a fun diversion. Good thinking that man!
          WhichDoctor + online = Mr_Shine

We put our faith in BLASH HARDCHEESE!

Comment

• lightfoot
            • Oct 2005

After some more research, we found that the problem mentioned above was already solved in the past. No one bothered to tell us , but we found it out anyway.

The Telic and EFR Campaigns use a custom GameType. All this is a bit of a complicated business, but in short:

The DefaultGameType setting in maps seems to be for testing purposes only. If a map gets voted, or proceeded to, in normal or online play, the Gametype setting is forced upon the map, whatever DefaultGametype the mapper has chosen. The variety of gametypes mentioned by Fuzzy stems from there being different ones for lobby maps, and custom ones for Telic and EFR.

But we (mainly sofos, with only a bit of brainstorming from my part) found that a customized lobby, votable from the normal F1 menu, can start maps WITHOUT resetting the GameType from above. So another type can be called, or the DefaultGameType, that the mapper set, can be used instead of overridden.

So much for the general problem 'How to use a custom gametype'. There are a few more problem details left with this, but I am positive that we will solve them. We will keep you informed.

If there are people interested, they could start making maps for this project. No coding skills will be needed for that, and if there are questions, you could always contact sofos, westy and me.

Comment

• clOWN
              • Jan 2007

I can do some art, just tell me some thing to draw and I'll do it.
              "Your going DOWN clOWN" why did someone have to say this. WHY

Comment

• Moses2k
                • Oct 2004

Draw 'wasteful exuberance'.

Comment

Working...
                X