Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very OT: USA has started to bomb Iraq

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well, it's begun again. America is at war. May God protect us all.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Get the god of this thread.

After 911, the world declared that killing in the name of a religion is bad.

Now, Bush declares "it is our duty as god's believers to end Saddam Hussein's reing!".

If this isn't a contradiction... well... screw.

/me puts Imagine by John Lennon in the playlist.
    JM

Excuse me, I think I'm going to go get drunk for real....

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Go, LaughingRat!
    JM

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingRat
    Excuse me, I think I'm going to go get drunk for real....
    Have fun, don't mind the explosions and chemical agents.
    TCO Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence Retired

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Shit

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SeEManN
    Shit
    LOL! That was my sarcasm SeEManN! Don't take it seriously!
    TCO Retired

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Ehh, who cares. Less work for the VHEMT.

(L33t? Stupid? Both? Go to vhemt.org today!)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    It's a sad day in UN's history.
    It is a sad day for Iraq's people.
    It is a sad day for anti-war fighters.
    It is a sad day...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Read the live log by Salam Pax who lives in Bagdad.

http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Feb 2003

Well... it's not like any of us didn't see this coming.

I saw it coming, considering the two countries track records with relations towards one another.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    All I can hope now is that this is done with minimal damage to the people who DON'T deserve it, and maximum damage to those who do. Bush said that was the aim...we'll see.

Im a little scared that Saddam will use the "weapons he doesn't have" on our troops...but from the interviews of the troops im hearing, they're up to just about anything. They sound totally confident* in themselves to do the task given to them. Thats good.

*not arrogant, you foreign bastages, CONFIDENT! There is a difference! lol :grin:

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Black Hawk down is the best movie ever!
    JM

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Yeah it is!!!! HUH
    All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurox
    Black Hawk down is the best movie ever!
    That may be your opinion, in my opinion it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlisk
    All I can hope now is that this is done with minimal damage to the people who DON'T deserve it, and maximum damage to those who do. Bush said that was the aim...we'll see.

Im a little scared that Saddam will use the "weapons he doesn't have" on our troops...but from the interviews of the troops im hearing, they're up to just about anything. They sound totally confident* in themselves to do the task given to them. Thats good.
    Ditto garlisk, well said.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    *attempts not to piss people off*

I think it's about time. Iraq has played cat and mouse with the UN and the rest of the world for too long. He's had 12 years to disarm. He hasn't. Weapons inspectors were led around on a leash by Hussein and now we're going to go in and find the weapons (hopefully) for him. The only fear I have is that Hussein places these weapons he claims he doesnt have into warehouses and other buildings that we may wind up destroying, completely screwing over civilians, ground forces, etc.
    *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
    *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Black Hawk Down is yet another propaganda war film which I will continue to make a point never to see. The timing of its release was perfect, coming at a time of international strife, credit due mostly to our current war-mongering executive branch. The reason I call this film propaganda is it takes a real life situation and contorts it into an extravagent fantasy of good vs evil. Never mind the fact that the real life version of said films main character was later convicted of child molestation. *sigh*
    Yeah, I'm pissed to wake up in the morning, get ready for work, and be informed by my younger sister that we've bombed Baghdad. No, I do not think that Hussein deserves to be a ruler, and were justice served he probably doesn't deserve to live. But today, I am truly ashamed to call myself an American. Not because of anything I have personally done or chosen, but because the leader of my country is perpetuating the hatred that most of the world currently holds for America. Saddam may be an evil man, but in my opinion he is no worse than president Bush.
    All this destruction and hate for two men. Niether of which is worth fighting for. I can no longer hope for a peaceful outcome, so now I will hope for a low death toll.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    But today, I am truly ashamed to call myself an American.
    Then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly apparition

Ditto garlisk, well said.

Ditto !! Ditto !!

That fat bastard IS using weapons he doesent have. :roll: (so much for the demonstrations?) :roll:

Of course superior AMERICAN technology shot that crap down.................AGAIN
    Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam
    Black Hawk Down is yet another propaganda war film which I will continue to make a point never to see.

Hey jackass.....If you havent seen it, How can you judge it as propaganda..........did some misguided protester tell you this??

"Yeah, I'm pissed to wake up in the morning, get ready for work, and be informed by my younger sister that we've bombed Baghdad. No, I do not think that Hussein deserves to be a ruler, and were justice served he probably doesn't deserve to live."

Then what are you complaning about, why be pissed if were the only ones willing to do what you admit is right??

But today, I am truly ashamed to call myself an American. Not because of anything I have personally done or chosen, but because the leader of my country is perpetuating the hatred that most of the world currently holds for America.

:roll: How, dear one, is BUSH perpetuating hatred twords us ?? :lol:
    Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Is ted in the RLF now?

Or just stealing avatar pics.....

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Hmm...were was it last time I got drunk? O_o...
    grrrr! :x

I hate all this ppl that are "Anti-war" :x , not because I love the war or somthin'.
    But when you leave with some1 that is ready to screw you up in the name of "His god" , well I think that this ain't the kind of person that I'd like to leave with.

now ppl can you Tell me 1 thing... Is killing a good thing to do when you hate some1?

NO!!! It won't solve you'r problems 2day and not 2morrow!, it will only make them worser! Muslams will kill you in the name of god only because you don't belive in them("Ahla"). and this is SHIT!!!!

I leav in a country that allmost every month has a teract ... I'm scare to go out for a walk, I'm scared to go to school. every time that I get out of my house I know that I just might not come home :cry:.

And as for :
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam
    Black Hawk Down is yet another propaganda war film which I will continue to make a point never to see.
    The Americans don't play the good side in this movie, they do it for the safty of others. If not them then who else would do it?

And a last thing... Suiciding your self and killing others when you blow up in the name of your god is bad it's to bad! Hislamist should disapear and become like others, Christians or Budistians or Non-Belivers, but not Muslems!

Bush is doing the right thing. UN thinks that "it" can avoid any thing even a war, well, NOT! :x

!! Sadam=> <=Bush !!
    Snek....take lot...and get out a live!

Quote Originally Posted by TED NUGENT
    That fat bastard IS using weapons he doesent have. :roll: (so much for the demonstrations?) :roll:

Of course superior AMERICAN technology shot that crap down.................AGAIN
    Think you'll find his crappy scud missiles are within the range allowed by the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNtAn
    grrrr! :x

[snip]

Bush is doing the right thing. UN thinks that "it" can avoid any thing even a war, well, NOT! :x

!! Sadam=> <=Bush !!
    Learn something about a people pefore you start mouthing off about them. Islam embraces peace. "Islam" MEANS peace. Just because a small group of radicals choose a violent path doesn't make all the people of that faith rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, suicide-bombing terrorists. One could just as easily mention the atrocities committed in the name of Christ, or Jehovah, or any other religion's deity.

In short, speak from knowledge, not ignorance as you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDude!!
    Think you'll find his crappy scud missiles are within the range allowed by the UN.
    I think you won't. Those scud missles have a range of 400 or so miles, which is over 400 times the 95 mile limit imposed on Iraq by the UN.

Again, speak from knowledge, not ignorance.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Rather than help escelate this into a flame war, I'll keep this simple.
    Garlisk- I hope you realise that me leaving the country is an absurd suggestion. I understand that you have opinions of this situation that differ from my own, and I'll leave you to yours.

Ted- I do not appreciate being called a jackass, but I'll respond as politely as I can.
    I did not see the film Black Hawk Down, and you are correct when you say it is unfair for me to judge it. What I said about the film is opinion based upon everything I read about it and the many friends I talked to (some of them loved the film, others hated it). I discussed it with not a single "misguided protester." Second, I said nothing about war with Iraq being right. Whether or not Saddam satan himself, it is MY OPINION that this war is unjust. This war means the deaths of innocent civilians and soldiers on both sides (however if we're lucky, we will be the only side killing civilians), and those deaths will all occur because we want to kill Saddam. It is MY OPINION that it is a waste of human life. Lastly, if you can't see how these actions are perpetuating international hatred for the US, talk to megadude.

I apologize for any ruffled tailfeathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Thief
    * !!! PARTY !!! *
    hopefully that gay dumbass saddam and all his copies will be err.. 'retired' soon

what really scares me is all those anti-war protesters.. they're either, dumb, selfish or ignorant, I dont understand how one can protest against attack on such stalin/hitler wannabe.. slogans like "make peace not war", "civilians will suffer from the war", etc sound kinda sad when they're used to defend a regime which killed millions of people.. I hope those people are just very uneducated >_<

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Garlisk- I hope you realise that me leaving the country is an absurd suggestion. I understand that you have opinions of this situation that differ from my own, and I'll leave you to yours.

Yeah, its absurd, but if you're so damned ashamed, that would be the thing to do.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch`
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Thief
    * !!! PARTY !!! *
    hopefully that gay dumbass saddam and all his copies will be err.. 'retired' soon

what really scares me is all those anti-war protesters.. they're either, dumb, selfish or ignorant, I dont understand how one can protest against attack on such stalin/hitler wannabe.. slogans like "make peace not war", "civilians will suffer from the war", etc sound kinda sad when they're used to defend a regime which killed millions of people.. I hope those people are just very uneducated >_<
    That was quite blunt and to the point... Well done.
    TCO Retired

Yeah, its absurd, but if you're so damned ashamed, that would be the thing to do.
    No, the thing to do would be to stay and and help guide your contry back onto the path you feel is appropriate, and that you wouldn't be ashamed of. A responsible person understands this. An irresponsible person simply leaves the situation he doesn't like, or suggest that other people leave the situation they don't like.

Switch': How can you even SUGGEST celebrating the start of a war? Even if it's a war you agree with, it's stilla tragic thing. People are going to lose their lives, both Iraqi and US, and you're CELEBRATING? That's just sick.

SNAFU: See above. It's sick that you would agree with such a demented expression.

Thread Information