Thread: Immortius' Journal Entry - 18/01/2008

Registered
    Jan 2003

Immortius' Journal Entry - 18/01/2008

Things are continuing to come along nicely. Just a few of things that I've done so far this year include:

- Added a Join Screen with team selection. UT3 has a nice new UI system where you can design the UI in the editor itself, which is an improvement over having to code them by hand. The harder bit was reworking the UT3 player login system to support the selection of teams after joining the game.

- Implemented loot and the loot respawn system. Also added the basic objectives (guards winning by time, thieves winning by getting enough loot to the exit).

- Spent some time improving and extending the map converter. It now can copy just about everything across, if you specify what you want to convert it to, and has better light conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by immortius View Post
    Things are continuing to come along nicely. Just a few of things that I've done so far this year include:

- Added a Join Screen with team selection. UT3 has a nice new UI system where you can design the UI in the editor itself, which is an improvement over having to code them by hand. The harder bit was reworking the UT3 player login system to support the selection of teams after joining the game.

- Implemented loot and the loot respawn system. Also added the basic objectives (guards winning by time, thieves winning by getting enough loot to the exit).

- Spent some time improving and extending the map converter. It now can copy just about everything across, if you specify what you want to convert it to, and has better light conversion.
    Man you are just cruising along! Keep up the fast work

What do you suppose the "BIG" challenges are going to be? As far as most time consuming.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Quote Originally Posted by immortius View Post
    Cool. What teams are on the team selection? lol
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    What do you suppose the "BIG" challenges are going to be? As far as most time consuming.
    For me? I guess the most time consuming things will be AI, game balance (because you have to spend time actually playing the game to get that right) and all the polish - tweaking the UI, fixing up the little niggles.

Yea, I figured AI would be the up there. Are you the only coder?
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I haven't even bothered to load up UT3 in months, and I bought it twice on the first hour it was released.

Nightblade is the only reason for UT3 now - no pressure or anything.
    deserve victory

Thread Information