Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing: Nightblade

Ya but the trace actors for all the shadow calculations is what can cause trouble... especially if immort is going to implement his plan to remove all those "fake" shadows that TUT had by triangulating the light on the player based on multiple light sources.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    Ya but the trace actors for all the shadow calculations is what can cause trouble... especially if immort is going to implement his plan to remove all those "fake" shadows that TUT had by triangulating the light on the player based on multiple light sources.
    Thievery already calculated the light on a player based on multiple light sources. I wanted to do lighting traces against multiple points on a player to prevent hiding behind 1" poles. And that is ingame now with minimal overhead.

The light calculation system is relatively slow, but it is on par with the time taken to draw the HUD, so it isn't outrageous.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by immortius View Post
    From what I've heard UT3 runs reasonably well even on older video cards, although not at maximum quality of course. I only have experienced UT3 on my own computer though, which was custom forged specifically for the creation of Nightblade in the pits of Mt. Doom.
    The UT3 demo actually performed exceedingly well on my previous 1950Pro card. Good thing you guys didn't move over to the Crytek 2 engine
    ZT
    Aka Trunks0,TrunksOfSuffering

Thread Information