Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad

Sad

It makes me pretty sad to see the game that I have the best memories playing slowly die. Wish there was something we could do...
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Registered
    Jan 2004
    If only you could only take part in our monthly tournaments and play with us in the evenings.

Haha, yea right

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Those memories are absolutely priceless Bulletstopper. Lets be thankful for those.

I raise a glass to all the late nights, over nights, and all day-ers. All the tourneys, and the woes and wins that came with them.

To all the level whoring, loadout prep'ing, and macro setting.

To TheJudge, FreakyAlien and all the other great players. To The Unforgiven the guild born from Thievery, where it tricked and decieved an entire community. The Unforgiven still lives on to this day, thanks to TUT.

To Thievery!
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Registered
    Jun 2004

Registered
    Jun 2003
    What was Kewlazmes fake name he used to get into tob? Tempermental? And then he was like "Seeee i played with ya and ya had no issues accept me back". And how we were all being gay camping the side house in that piratey map with the fishes, mining and tropping, shooting bolts into the chest with the map so a quick pickup would be impossible. And the thieves would open the windows and we would close them again and everyone would be like "Waa you cant do that". Or how that npc on Gerome would run into the fire, then Lord Wotsname would get killed by a guard so he couldnt run amok and then wed hole up in the library while everyone else would sit on the roof shooting the remainging AI dead. Or when a thief screwed up on Spider and let the door to the private quarters open. Or when you could permanently dispose of AI by throwing them into water/lava.

Good times :b

PS Asylum was like the worst map ever altho putting the Doc into the locker was fun

Ahhh, good times.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yeah good games, I'm happy to leave TuT in where it is, I think playing it any more would ruin it for me. No regrets.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I do had a lot of fun with you guys. Many good games, with so many people. I will always treasure those memories. Thanks guys.

I think the one thing I'll always remember is using the roof glitch on DE to jump through the window and get the book, then jumping back off of the roof into the water so I wouldn't have that blue glow on me. I always got a cheap thrill out of that for some reason . I'll also remember jumping on the heads of unsuspecting guards, rushing the safe in Nostalgia, and keeping my fingers crossed hoping the lyre would be there. Damn I'd sure like to play some TUT.
    Last edited by Bulletstopper; 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:24 AM.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kasto View Post
    If only you could only take part in our monthly tournaments and play with us in the evenings.
    Your evenings are most likely my afternoons and with college I usually don't have time to game in the afternoons. Notice I didn't say I was sad that TUT was dead, but that it was slowly dying. LURN 2 RED
    Last edited by Bulletstopper; 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:23 AM.

Well the main cause for TUT dying so fast recently was the community split.

There was a community split? What?
    -

Registered
    Nov 2003
    What dying? What split? WTF?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    There never was a community split, people just moved onto other games for the most part.

Registered
    Sep 2005
    Like me...
    WoW kills people.
    My Profile Sux.

Well hopefully someone will be inspired by the work of those who created Thievery and create something that is just as fun to play, unfortunately I don't see that happening unless a very VERY talented person decides to spend their time on such a project. It seems lately that more and more games are being streamlined to make it easier for 12 year old's (no offense) to just pick up and play. No more steep learning curves . Just look at how the splinter cell multiplayer has changed... It was a very fun, balanced and challenging game back during pandora and chaos theory, but now the mercs have motion sensors on ALL THE TIME (wtf?). I don't even think in all the years of playing that I ever actually got good at thievery haha, it was still a blast though.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You know that voice in your head? Well...
    Good times for sure. Its still one of a kind.

Thinking about it, I believe this game has been "dying" for most of its life
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Indeed, I believe it was proclaimed dead after the first TurfWars, then after the original ToD, and then again after that
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

U can only complain...TUT is alive!

Registered
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapmaster View Post
    Well the main cause for TUT dying so fast recently was the community split.
    Oh please, don't repeat this tale about community split caused by Tomcats and our server.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well then, don't drudge it up. Whatever the issue is between you guys, not the entire community. Don't drag us into it.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    If one person is a community...

It's more like conflict between two players who cannot forgive their opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebos View Post
    Good times for sure. Its still one of a kind.

Thinking about it, I believe this game has been "dying" for most of its life
    Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. It's just at a point where it's now almost unplayable for some because of it's "operating hours".

Registered
    Sep 2005
    Thievery died once this thread was made.
    My Profile Sux.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Everytime sometime says Thievery dies God kills a Thievery ;_;

Every time someone says "Everytime X God kills a X" God kills a masturbating hobo kitten AND YOU KNOW IT, MURDERER!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Schleicher View Post
    What was Kewlazmes fake name he used to get into tob? Tempermental? And then he was like "Seeee i played with ya and ya had no issues accept me back".
    Was that one of your "happy" memories?

Yea it was fun... I think the whole "Thievery Admin Guild" made it fun for a lot of people.. the thrill of the hunt for the admins.. the thrill of the escape for me... so there was some good to be had out of my antics.

But I do miss the old days.. Fridae, Grank, Jarvis, GreatSnafu, Freaky... before the whole politics took over and "questionable methods" of TuF and others, before every secret of each map was dissected and exploited for all to know.

If we could all just get lobotomies and start over... the fun we could have
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Nice bait!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    Was that one of your "happy" memories?
    I dont have "happy" TUT memories, just "lol" and "what" and "ugh" ones :p

Tell me more of questionable TuF tactics, i need dirrrrt!

Thread Information