X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spidey
    • Oct 2003

KOs in Nightblade

I know I'm going to feel like an idiot after this, but how do you KO guards in Nightblade? I've tried fully charged blackjacks to the back of several bots and can't even get a satisfying helmet crack sound. They just turn on me and go nuts!
  • immortius
    • Jan 2003

Just use the short tap - guards don't actually have helmets yet despite what your eyes may tell you.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

• Schleicher
      • Jun 2003

This seems like a good place for it, so ill voice my concern that this totally view blocking "Charged" Blackjack position isnt just "Alpha" as well and hopefully subject to change (possibly to be moved more into the upper right corner and downsized).

Because, i totally love you guys but seriously what the hell even as an interim solution this sucks. Big time. In a "The main quest is broken and deletes your windows" way.

Reminder that i love you guys thiiis much, with a Kittyloaf :3
      Attached Files
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

• immortius
        • Jan 2003

At the moment charged hits can't KO guards, so it's loss-loss really.
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
          Reminder that i love you guys thiiis much, with a Kittyloaf :3
          Kittyloaf should be a food item in NB.
          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• HawK047
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
            I know I'm going to feel like an idiot after this, but how do you KO guards in Nightblade? I've tried fully charged blackjacks to the back of several bots and can't even get a satisfying helmet crack sound. They just turn on me and go nuts!
            As sayd, you can only use normal strikes at this point, and it doesnt work on "alerted gaurds", so rely to some stealth skills before you strike.

Comment

• immortius
              • Jan 2003

With the latest alpha that is fixed HawK.
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

• Spidey
                • Oct 2003

Thanks for the response to my N00Berly question. I was using fully charged attacks. Once I updated to the 2nd alpha, everything was cool. I couldn't be sure I hadn't lost my touch for bot KOs because I don't hear any guard reactions as I approach. I was much relieved to find I could still KO once I downloaded the newer alpha, though I wasn't sure why.

I agree with Schleicher on the blackjack positioning, though. It is more middle of your face than Thievery and seems larger than the older blackjack. I would vote to have it shifted to the right a bit, but I didn't want to report it as a bug or anything. It'd be a bit like picking on a newborn child and saying...Oh no!...ugly baby!

Comment

• HawK047
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by immortius View Post
                  With the latest alpha that is fixed HawK.
                  Ah, still only works on Non alerted gaurds i hope? *Totally forgets he can actually check the alpha for it*

Comment

Working...
                  X