Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Alpha Release - 2008/03/15

  1. #1
    Member immortius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NX128EZ061 - The main planet
    Posts
    3,117

    Alpha Release - 2008/03/15

    A new release is available from Nightblade's Testing Page. The changelog lists what has changed, but give a brief summary:

    - Lots of work on the item carrying system used by whistlers, flares and junk items. If a player is holding an item it is now shown held in their hand in third-person and multiplayer.
    - Addition of an experimental system where guards can see footprints where people have stepped recently if they crouch for 6 seconds.
    - Various bug fixes.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by immortius View Post
    - Addition of an experimental system where guards can see footprints where people have stepped recently if they crouch for 6 seconds.
    This is an interesting one... so the footsteps aren't there normally but slowly come into focus if the guard sits and does some forensics on the area?

    -EDIT- Ah i see after reading the actual changelog .. it does just that... cool
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  3. #3
    Wow:O
    Awesome new feature there guys!
    Last edited by HawK047; 15th Mar 2008 at 07:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Looks like you've been working hard. So if you set up a paypal donation page for the team.. i'd donate... just throwing it out there.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered
    Jul 2004
    Location
    A.k.a Sc(+)peh
    Posts
    73
    the footsteps thing sounds interesting, must check it out
    Sc(+)peh

  6. #6
    Member immortius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NX128EZ061 - The main planet
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by HawK047 View Post
    Wow:O
    Awesome new feature there Immortus!
    Dalai did the work on that feature, direct your praise to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    Looks like you've been working hard. So if you set up a paypal donation page for the team.. i'd donate... just throwing it out there.
    All other concerns aside, I expect that accepting donations for a mod would be against EULA.

  7. #7
    hmm Not in the USA We have loop holes
    You just mark the donations as "price-to-be-my-friend" and they'll never know
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    hmm Not in the USA We have loop holes
    You just mark the donations as "price-to-be-my-friend" and they'll never know
    I think they actually call that Campaign donations.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
    I think they actually call that Campaign donations.
    Can I be Tony Rezko?
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  10. #10
    @devs...

    A tip or perhaps just a thought worth mentioning....

    I see currently Nightblade using:

    [NightbladeMod.NbGameSettings]

    to define many of the TvG settings. But in the future when other gametypes come along, it might be quite confusing unless you are planning on moving only the common settings there.

    Currently I see you have things like ThievesStartMoney and GuardsStartMoney values under that heading, but that would likely be different for other gametypes. So I would recommend something like

    [NightbladeMod.TVGGameSettings] and
    [NightbladeMod.TMGameSettings]
    etc. to pave the way for the future.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    @devs...

    A tip or perhaps just a thought worth mentioning....

    I see currently Nightblade using:

    [NightbladeMod.NbGameSettings]

    to define many of the TvG settings. But in the future when other gametypes come along, it might be quite confusing unless you are planning on moving only the common settings there.

    Currently I see you have things like ThievesStartMoney and GuardsStartMoney values under that heading, but that would likely be different for other gametypes. So I would recommend something like

    [NightbladeMod.TVGGameSettings] and
    [NightbladeMod.TMGameSettings]
    etc. to pave the way for the future.

    In this thread we see kam trying to teach Blackcatgames devs how to code.
    In our next episode a chimp is going to teach a nuclear physicist how to build an atom bomb. Stay tuned.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
    In this thread we see kam trying to teach Blackcatgames devs how to code.
    In our next episode a chimp is going to teach a nuclear physicist how to build an atom bomb. Stay tuned.
    just offering some naming regimes to make it a bit more "future proof resistant"
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

  13. #13
    Member immortius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NX128EZ061 - The main planet
    Posts
    3,117
    Surprisingly (or not) I had added that to my list of things to do already.

    It isn't so much a naming issue as changing the way the settings work to be gametype specific. Not hard though.
    Last edited by immortius; 17th Mar 2008 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alpha Release - 2008/03/29
    By immortius in forum Forge of Shadows
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10th Apr 2008, 09:59 PM
  2. Alpha Release - 2008/04/04
    By immortius in forum Forge of Shadows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th Apr 2008, 04:21 PM
  3. Alpha Release - 2008/03/22
    By immortius in forum Forge of Shadows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th Mar 2008, 03:41 PM
  4. Alpha Release - 2008/03/08
    By immortius in forum Forge of Shadows
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11th Mar 2008, 06:42 PM
  5. Alpha Release - 2008/03/02
    By immortius in forum Forge of Shadows
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 9th Mar 2008, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •