Thread: Providing help with...

Registered
    Apr 2008

Providing help with...

Good day. My name is Brian, I'm 22 and am wondering if you need help with the following for Nightblade:

- voices
    - promotional work

Please read this through before jumping to an answer. I am aware there are a a lot of bad voice actors out there, I am not one (not arrogance, just something I know by now).

I do voice acting in games (I'm also an amateur actor, plays stuff like that for fun), I have at this stage worked in a few mods and some projects belonging to a friend. One of my favourite areas is the design and release of promo trailers for mods, putting a nice voice over on a video of the mod and getting it out there to wet people's appetites.

Samples of my work can be provided, I use a a good quality phantom condenser microphone and have an array of sound editing and cleaning software including Sony vegas and Sony sound forge.

Let me know,

Thanks

What accents do you speak.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    Do you mean languages or accents?

I'm Irish by birth but my accent is fairly neutral sounding, allowing me to shift to other accents easily. I have in the past been:

A pirate, a cowboy, a knight, an English militia type character, an American navy commander, a space marine, an Ork, and a monk among others (just to give you a range of voices).

My range is good, I can emulate almost any European or American accent (Nordic accents give me trouble).

Could you kind of describe to me what accents you're thinking of and I'll whip you up a few renditions?

South England gypsy type.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Right. You can ignore FatRatHead as he's not on the team, and no doubt just trying to fulfill some strange fetish here.

You might try the Contact page on the official site.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG_D View Post
    Right. You can ignore FatRatHead as he's not on the team, and no doubt just trying to fulfill some strange fetish here.

You might try the Contact page on the official site.
    Ah, thank you. the link I clicked brought me straight to the forums, sorry. I shall post the message there now.

Quote Originally Posted by FatRatHead View Post
    South England gypsy type.
    Pikey?
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG_D View Post
    His next question would probably be "Do you do a good female voice?" ^_^

Message received and replied to.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    And samples are sent. I kind of stuck to a thuggish English voice as I wasn't sure where to go with the accent.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    If needed, I can do French-ish voices with different shades of frenchiness. But that's about it.

Also: sound effets (btw, still awaiting comments on the electrical sounds and mine explosions )
    Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power...
    In a world.... where the shadows reign supreme.... one thief....
    Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

My feet...zey ache...

Thread Information