Thread: Tears of Blood in new X-Files movie

Registered
    Oct 2003

Tears of Blood in new X-Files movie

OMG...I almost jumped in my seat when Scully says "Tears of blood?" I must have been the only one in the theater that thought she was talking to me.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You weirdo you.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Yeah, I know. My head nearly came off from doing a double-take. Is this really happening? The main character pauses for dramatic effect and says the name of my former guild??? Woot!

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Hehe ,how was the movie ? Not really sure if it is worth seeing.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    It pains me to say this, but I'd recommend renting it on DVD instead. I don't think it came even close to matching the first movie. It seemed really low budget compared to the first movie. (I just checked and came back...the original movie had a budget of 60-65 million, this one was *only* 30 million.) I think they would have been better off not making it and let the fans remember how cool the series was instead.

I was so bothered by the ending, (I won't reveal it), that I wrote an alternate ending in my head already. :

X-Zibit's character walks up to Mulder and Scully at the end of the movie, as the two stand together and the camera zooms in as they're about to kiss. He pinches the shoulder portions of both their clothes and announces "You've been officially pimped!". The X-Files theme plays as the camera pans out using a fish-eye lens so the world appears unusually curved. Then Scully and Mulder hop in their tricked out rides with 22-inch rims and LCD screens in 10 locations with individual DVD players.

The music makes a clever transition to War's "Low-Rider" song as they each roll up to their respective friends within the FBI, who are standing in the street. A.D. Skinner, wearing a knit cap and extremely baggy pants jumps up and down as Mulder drives up, shouting "Oh snap!", then points at the big rims in rapt fascination, like the primates discovering the obelisk in 2001: A Space Oddessy (Spelling?).

Scully rolls down the street to her waiting and very grumpy brother Bill, who frowns at the excessive bling on her Ford Focus disapprovingly. Dana gets out of the car and points out the waffle-maker plugged into the cigarette lighter and her stern brother's frown melts into complete amazement. He shouts, "Oh ho hooo, that's off the hook, dog! Lemme snatch the maple syrup from the hizzy!"

Fade to black.
    Last edited by Spidey; 14th Sep 2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: info about budget

Thread Information