X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ki!ler-Mk1
    • Apr 2005

Items only on one difficulty actor.

I know theres an actor on one of the maps on spaceengineers. Can anyone link me to where i can get this or tell me what map it is?

(need it to add some stuff to a map i cant complete above hard.)(even with marineinvun, well thats not true but i run out of ammo on insane.)

EDIT: other than being impossible and laggy on insane the map is finished.
    Last edited by Ki!ler-Mk1; 9 Sep 2008, 10:03 AM.
    Alien Swarm Map List
  • tchatzi
    • Mar 2006

Lightfoot's map

It's Ao-CC-GetAcross.
    Navigation arrows only manifest themselves on easy. As well as some other stuff, which sofos and lightfoot can certainly explain better than me.

Comment

• sofos
      • Mar 2006

The actor comes with AoVarious package that can be downloaded from here ---> downloads ---> Beta --> code_stuff.zip. The actor is called AoDiffObject and in Editor is under AoVariousStuff which is under Triggers.
      The variables are pretty easy to guess what they do: The WhatToSpawnString string is where you type the package.class (like AoPrototype.AoPistolPickup) of the object that you want to appear and you select in which diff. levels it will be spawned. If it is weapon or ammo pickup use charges to set clips/charges. If you want events based on difficulty level, use AoDiffDispatcher again under AoVariousStuff.
      good luck (I suppose we will soon see your map, right? )
      Antikythera mechanism
      KISSSSSS

Comment

• lightfoot
        • Oct 2005

The AoVarious is a great package for mappers, I think, but if you don't want your map to depend on it, just copy the DiffDispatcher from the GetAcross map. You will easily find it, it looks different from the normal dispatcher.

Or myLevel it yourself.

If you want things done at map start, just use a trigger covering the playerstarts.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
          • Apr 2005

Well its not really my map
          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• lightfoot
            • Oct 2005

As long as you tried to get the original mapper's okay, and give him credits, who cares?

Of course sofos is right. If you just want to add pickups on higher difficulties, you only need the DiffObject class.

The DiffDispatcher is only needed if you want different behavior of the map, that has nothing to do with pickups. Like different layouts, or different events.

Yet, the way to get it done is the same. Take it either from the AoVarious package, or copy the myleveled version from the (unfinished) GetAcross map, right where the playerstarts are.

Comment

Working...
            X