Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Nightblade Development Updates

Registered
    Jan 2003

Post Announcement: Nightblade Development Updates

It's about time for an update as to the progress of Nightblade. I would like to start out by thanking all of you for your patience with the dev team as we try to balance turnover and real life with progressing the development of the mod. I'm sure you all have noticed that there have been a lack of releases and updates to the game. This ultimately comes down to the fact that we do not have the manpower to continue work on Nightblade. The team was largely being pushed on thanks to the work of Immortius and Illuminus, who have been invaluable members in keeping this project going. Unfortunately due to real life commitments, Immortius will no longer be able to make many contributions to the team. As a result, the team has been evaluating what the next step should be.

We have come to decide that Nightblade's work should not end here, but serious changes have to be made. As a result, I have stepped up with the intentions to reorganize and reignite the development of Nightblade. The first step in this will be to recruit heavily to ensure we have the right people with the right skill set to produce a mod that is of Black Cat Games quality. From there we will be making practical and purposeful pushes to finish the mod in a timely manner. The decision as to whether we will continue to release alpha versions of our progress hasn't been made yet, but I promise that in any case you will be kept up-to-date as to our progress. Ultimately we are making this game for you and highly value your commitment to this community and for supporting our efforts. I will be posting more information about our recruiting efforts within the week.

-Biohazard
    Last edited by Biohazard; 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Thank you for the update Biohazard.

A small question. Since there is a new recruitment category on the forums, maybe the NB team can make a sticky thread where the current needs are listed? Like coders, mappers, textures etc. so people can have a look on what is currently needed?

(Am I guessing right that the NB 'help wanted' page is outdated at the moment?)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yes, we are planning on posting a thread with what we are looking for and updating the website very soon.

Registered
    May 2008
    Good stuff, BioHazard.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Wee.

How long has it been in limbo now? 5 years? :b

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Does this mean we start with the secret forum again? Ninja jammies 'n all?
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

OMG shhhh!! It's supposed to be a secret!
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Q. If Immortius isn't around to do as many updates, does that mean the team has no coder anymore?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Bio, besides IRC you're welcome to use the TuF mumble server for development discussions.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Someone on the Dark Mod forum asked about NightBlade, and if you guys needed help. I directed him to this thread. I hope he can help you guys!

Good luck bio! I hope your experience in organizing the very successful TOD tournaments helps you get the development of NB done.

Hey guys, BrokenArts is talking about me. Right now I've done a little modeling and map design. At the moment I'm trying to make a Mech Beast for The Dark Mod. But if you need extra assets and models I will be willing to help you guys. If you want to see my low poly Mech Beast work head over to Dark Mod and check out the thread "Sneak peak of Mech Beast". If you think my skills are sufficient for you feel free to pm me at the Dark Mod site.

Later!

Having people contribute individual models etc. may be worth considering as we could get some decent content from people who don't have time to be full time staff.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I have posted a listing of people the team is looking for here. Please help us out by spreading the word that we are looking for people and get them in contact with me if they have further questions.

Oh god, we are doomed.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    No, thats for the Dark Mod.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    *groans*

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    No, thats for the Dark Mod.
    Holy smokes i was slow this morning. I only got it now

Yea, it is somewhat unreal

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Theres actually a tenth layer of hell right below Satans frozen ass, called pun hell.

Its not mentioned in the Divine Comedy because its so horrible Dante couldnt rhyme properly anymore.

Registered
    Sep 2008
    I have created the union over at Gamespot to try and get more people to know about Thievery and Nightblade. Thank you for the update.

You've created the union? What does that mean?

Registered
    Jul 2004
    It means when no one is bothering to work on NB, they'll label it "Strike Action" -or- "Union Dispute".

Registered
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Grank View Post
    You've created the union? What does that mean?
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions...nion_id=TheSSA

There's a link to the union. A union on Gamespot is kind of like a clan dedicated to a specific topic. It could be a game, genre, movies, or something completely random. I created a THIEF union and I'm advertising Thievery and Nightblade from it. Thief is sort of a cult-classic so it will be hard to get others but I have already got a few.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Nice, thanks for spreading the word.

Registered
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminus View Post
    Nice, thanks for spreading the word.
    Not a problem. You guys are making a dream come true IMO. Letting others know about your work is the least I can do. If there is anything I'm leaving out in the union or if anyone has a good idea for the direction, please PM me.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I told you all that I would keep you updated, and I'm not going to let you down!

The team is starting to get some momentum again as we have accepted a number of new recruits. Work is beginning on two new maps and gameplay is being reevaluated and adjusted for the guards. Illuminus and Inq continue to crank out new models for our new mappers to use and they look great! Once we get in the swing of things I will be posting here (and hopefully the website) with updates as to our specific progress. Thanks for hanging in there and being so patient with us.

-Bio

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Keep up the good work!

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Sounds good, take it this means your latest exam was a success

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Sounds awesome! But only new mappers were recruited?
    Reliance upon others
    is weakness for the strong
    but strength for the weak.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Would be interesting to see a list of current team members to see who all has joined

Thread Information