Thread: Th-Whispers

Th-Whispers

I've been working on this map just few hours so far.
    I don't have too many info about it. In this early stage all i can say is that the style is like in th-Asylum but with a lot more creepyer atmosphere.
    Ill come with new info and screens when i got some .

One of the corridors:

~Getty

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Looks more like TH-Novaprospect ;D

Eh jk, noice. The right map in the wrong place can make all the diff..erence in the world

Some updates

Still much left to be done. I hope ill be able to work some in the easter break

Registered
    Jan 2010
    that looks like ummm... nice! I like it!

Looks great Good detailing too.

As I always said Get, you got lots of potential and are able to greatly
    improve that skill, not many people can do that - practise is everything.

Heh thanks for the compliments Also i'm verry glad you liked it. Ill do my best

Fast question: Is there a way in making a brush/surface only visible in a mirror? im having a evil idea xDD

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You know that voice in your head? Well...
    Been a while since I fooled with UED, and although I do not think that is possible, you might be able to replicate the effect:

A) Add invisible brush, if required, for any kind of direct interaction.
    B) Make the mirror translucent.
    C) Behind translucent mirror, create a portal to another room that is dimensionally the mirror image of that main room except the "invisible" object is present/visible, and the room is otherwise empty.

Main thing is to have the object oriented in the mirror room so that it looks like it is reflected.

Would expect the effect to be helped by low light and the "invisible" object being in a position that nothing else can get behind (unless it is supposed to looked ghostly since all items behind it are visible in the mirror. Also, suspect the best effect would be if the lighting of the overall mirror room is low/nil, but the object itself is very bright.

Main issue that might kill the effect is if something is supposed block the object as it moves past (such as the player). This could be prevented by clever placement I think.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebos View Post
    B) Make the mirror translucent.
    Marking the "translucent" option on the mirror's surface dont make the objects behind it visible. Tried doing it in other ways too but didnt worked.
    Anyone some ideas?

The mirror scene is on hold untill i figure smth else.

Heres 2 new rooms:

(possible the doc's room. not yet sure if ill make a "kill the doctor" objective)

~god! love the lighting

(one of the objectives room which will include random vacs and body placements)

~none of these stuff is finished so the final product may be way impoved

Hope you like it

Registered
    Oct 2007
    That's looking real nice, especially the lighting. Nice creepy look.

Thanks. glad u like it

I got more questions xd
    Q1. I need a actor which will make a Dispatcher stop working when its triggered by a trigger actor. Does exist any? i once heard something about a "destroyer" actor. dont know what he does.

Q2. Is it possible to atach a teleport actor to a mover? i mean when mover moves, it moves with the teleporter too. Maybe theres same techique as for doorknobs? never atached doorknobs.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Edy94 View Post
    Thanks. glad u like it

I got more questions xd
    Q1. I need a actor which will make a Dispatcher stop working when its triggered by a trigger actor. Does exist any? i once heard something about a "destroyer" actor. dont know what he does.

Q2. Is it possible to atach a teleport actor to a mover? i mean when mover moves, it moves with the teleporter too. Maybe theres same techique as for doorknobs? never atached doorknobs.
    Q2 Answer - Attach mover should work

Q1 Answer - I have to check the Dispatcher src, but just to ensure I am getting Your idea. Do You want to stop the dispatcher list of "commands" (during execution routine) befor it terminates itself, right?
    Maybe I should make some daughter class of externally controlled dispatcher...
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Dunno about UT, but in 2k4 I would try a Triggertrigger, setting the initial trigger (the 1 calling the dispatcher) to inactive. Nothing needs to be destroyed then.

Thread Information