X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baz
    • Jan 2005

What's the game? any obvious audio type dlls in the games lib folder? etc.?
    ..it's safer here.

Comment

• Schleicher
      • Jun 2003

Turok 1 & 2. Second one needs a patch to get CD audio at all and seems the looping is caused by that because its not vista compatible (the patch) but the first got it too so there seems to be some general wrongness.

Turok 1 has only vintage (3dfx etc) video dlls and nothing else.

Turok 2 doesnt seem to have any either. Theres some called cms16, cms32_95, cms32_nt but those seem to be related to copy protection. Copying Music files into the game directory doesnt work because it doesnt access them and there seems to be no way to make it do (theres only a single and very tiny .ini. If theres a command to point it at a specific directory its likely lost in time). Compatibility modes up to and including NT make it crash and the others dont make a difference. Either its using some dodgy built-in player or its uh, communicating wrongly with media player or whatever is set up as primary player. Fiddling with media file associations didnt help either (most likely using .cda). Going the extra step and burning the audio to another cd and running it with a cracked exe didnt work, tested it with some other cd and it wouldnt start it automatically altho i could start music with the console but then it would just play everything in order, no music changes upon transitions etc. Maybe the files would have to be named exactly like the original tracks tho, think ill risk wasting a disk on that experiment tomorrow ._.
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

• Baz
        • Jan 2005

........ why can't you install it on your windows 95 box which you obviously have because you are such a hardcore gamer, or your N64... or go play Assassins Creed, I hear that's pretty.
        ..it's safer here.

Comment

• Schleicher
          • Jun 2003

Ya right get another stupid PC to upset me with silly problems. Could play it on N64 or emulator sure but both control like ass, TV is old and very unhighdefinition and gives me eyestrain especially when staring at really old pixelated stuff long and i need ma quicksaving.

Assassins Creed whatlol that wasnt helpful at all, you been drinking again? >:I
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

• Moses2k
            • Oct 2004

I think both of you are missing the point; it's fucking TUROK. You could just NOT PLAY IT, lol.

Comment

• Chainsaws
              • Jan 2003

Or wait for Windows 7, it apparently has a built in XP virtual machine for such nefarious purposes as playing TUROK O_0
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

• Schleicher
                • Jun 2003

Turok 1 merits could be discussed, its a nostalgia thing. Back then it was the shit, ULTRA 64 has CGI LEVEL GRAPHICS OMG and if you shot trees with the grenade launcher they toppled and shit, so there. Also it had a Tyrannosaurus boss who shed its skin and became more robotic the more damaged he got. With eyelaser!

Turok 2 isnt that bad i think. Fun weps, good levels and gore is lol (shoot a hole in a lizardman!)
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

• Machine
                  • Jan 2003

<lips move>............. MECHA GODZILLA!
                  ~TuF~

Comment

• Schleicher
                    • Jun 2003

No hes way cooler
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

• Chainsaws
                      • Jan 2003

Sorry, Mechagodzirra had rockets for fingers. Debate terminated.
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

• Machine
                        • Jan 2003

Mechagodzilla is capable of firing a rainbow colored optical beam that was able to match Godzilla's atomic breath, known as the "Space Beam". Its head can rotate a full 360 degrees, allowing the robot to shoot down an opponent that might attempt to approach from behind. Mechagodzilla's head is also able to generate a cylindrical force-field around the robot's body by spinning around rapidly. When disguised as Godzilla, Mechagodzilla used a Flamethrower from its mouth to mimic the real Godzilla's atomic breath. After the disguise was destroyed, Mechagodzilla never used that weapon again.

The Showa Mechagodzilla is also equipped with powerful missiles in its fingers, knees, and even its toes. These missiles can explode on contact with a target or lodge in an enemy's flesh like darts. Located under a hatch in Mechagodzilla's chest is a weapon that fires a jagged orange energy beam with enough power to cut a mountain in half. Mechagodzilla 2 was able to increase the velocity of its finger missiles by rapidly rotating its hands and could also fire a ray from under its head when it was ripped off.

Mechagodzilla hes been shown capable of using its beam and missile weapons simultaneously and against multiple targets, at one time engaging Godzilla to the front and King Caesar to the rear.
                        The end boss on Turok doesn't even have his own wiki page.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

• BiG_D
                          Former Forum Staff
                          • Jan 2003

This is going nowhere productive.
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                          X