Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcfarrel
    • Apr 2005

Sorry for delay. I was busy (real life) due to preparation of samples and testing SMA velcro for presentation (Czech television).

So relaively nothing much to say about progress in last 10 days (except PSK/PSA "static" mesh model problems, but this is another story).

Thanks for feedback (it is normal to left something behind unnoticed, so thanks...)

Custom models and statues... Well do not tell to anyone but in fact statues meshes are same as custom models meshes (just have their own skin textures) (In next release the textures will be modified little bit...)
    Map size - I know I went "little bit" magalomaniac this time...

DarkCathedral

1) seems to be problem of Thievery TBot/TBaseBot code (I will check where there is a problem and see what I can do.
    2) This seems to be probelm of reimporting all from source (when I forgot to reset the hud scale factor...) This is typical. OK this is relatively easy to fix (matter of my own stupidity...)
    3) There are noescape zones, but if You think it is better to make some, this is relatively no problem... (I thought the escape zone/s is logical, but on the other hand there is possibility for Guards to just block path(s) to the escape zone(s) and slay thieves there...
    4) which windows? Do You mean the glass part of the doors? This seems strange (The door brush object, should have consist of massive part, window part and invisible collision part, but...)

Eulenburg
    1) Argh..., thanks I will fix this. I did not found this hole, sorry.
    2) The various objective items of evidence were added here to make it more "diverse", to prevent just to knock out the doctor (on the one hand it is illogical to lock the doctor in his quarters only on the other hand if not locked the guards will come in and prevent thieves kidnapping doctor...). So there are three objects of evidence now (hopefully I did not forgot any...) body of Dr. Steiner, dead body of the ThSkaarj and of course the documentation book... I thought it might be little intriguing to examine whether ir not is this object piece of evidence, but well.... It seems it was jusm my personal oppinion, and incorrect opinion to be more specific. OK I will re... well rewrite the objective text in this part.

Anyway thanks for info.
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mcfarrel View Post
      DarkCathedral

3) There are noescape zones, but if You think it is better to make some, this is relatively no problem... (I thought the escape zone/s is logical, but on the other hand there is possibility for Guards to just block path(s) to the escape zone(s) and slay thieves there...
      4) which windows? Do You mean the glass part of the doors? This seems strange (The door brush object, should have consist of massive part, window part and invisible collision part, but...)
      3 - Well guards try that on most maps anyway, you dont have to use the same start as exit, could make it escape into the rafters or somthing.. but just finishing it on picking up the last bit of loot doesnt feel right to me the ideas always to sneak in, steal and sneak out
      4 - Yes the glass part of the doors, its weird, sometimes i can shoot through them, sometimes i cannot, same door, just keep shooting more then half go through but some don't lol odd

Originally posted by mcfarrel View Post
      Eulenburg

1) Argh..., thanks I will fix this. I did not found this hole, sorry.
      2) The various objective items of evidence were added here to make it more "diverse", to prevent just to knock out the doctor (on the one hand it is illogical to lock the doctor in his quarters only on the other hand if not locked the guards will come in and prevent thieves kidnapping doctor...). So there are three objects of evidence now (hopefully I did not forgot any...) body of Dr. Steiner, dead body of the ThSkaarj and of course the documentation book... I thought it might be little intriguing to examine whether ir not is this object piece of evidence, but well.... It seems it was jusm my personal oppinion, and incorrect opinion to be more specific. OK I will re... well rewrite the objective text in this part.
      1 - there Easy to miss tbh
      2 - well my point was i didnt even know the Skaarj was the 3rd objective i didnt even try to frob it just ran straight past it, the objectives just seemed a little vague, but if thats what you wanted then fine im just used to been told exactly what to do in thievery maps leave it as it is if you want
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• mcfarrel
        • Apr 2005

Dark Cathedral
        1) The code seems OK (I do not know why AI do not use the dagger), but I have discovered same goes for Sword ("native" TweaponSword class in thievery), and I have the nasty feeling Sword was functional in Thievery 1.4 and 1.5 !!! (Could someone please check this out too, The problem might be on my side - broken package or so?)

2) giantsize HUD objects fixxed!!!

3) OK keg - will do...

4) Probably broken door brush object (I will try to remodel it and reimport - or reecopy the functional brush in t3d exported file and rebuild the t3d exported map in UED after this hack...

Eulenburg

1) BSP (shit)hole fixxed

2) From my point of view, it would be very intriguing and challenging not to exactly know what are those pieces of evidence, but on the other hand. You might be right keg. (anyway if anybody else here has any suggestion...)
        Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

• FatRatHead
          • Sep 2004

2) From my point of view, it would be very intriguing and challenging not to exactly know what are those pieces of evidence, but on the other hand. You might be right keg. (anyway if anybody else here has any suggestion...)
          Don't know if you currently get a gong triggered after finding it, if yes, then that might be enough. It's just that the other maps have narrowed down the word evidence into blue-white scrolls exclusively.

Comment

• mcfarrel
            • Apr 2005

Beside any other fixtures and improvements I (finally) pushed myself to enhance the Priestesses textures a little bit. Results are shown on pics bellow...
            Attached Files

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
              • Jan 2010

what about make some ritual place? 1 nude woman, is bandaged, and is prepared to get killed for their god or whatever.

Comment

• mcfarrel
                • Apr 2005

NeuroFunkeR You are worshipper of SM god(ess) of some kind (or better to say are You ... ?)

Trying to make some SM temple out of my map - This is disgusting... ()

OK maybe some special edition for Ne(u)roFunkeR in the future...

(Probably NeuroFunkeR discovered empty room in prison section in th begining just beween prison cels, lift and the guardroom..., OK maybe if...)

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                  • Jan 2010

nothing better then few sexual fantasies

Comment

• Machine
                    • Jan 2003

McFarrel, those screenshots don't look half bad for an 11 year old engine! Well done.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

• mcfarrel
                      • Apr 2005

Updated version of ThieveryMcFmappack just uploaded...

Last stable version:
                      FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v2.1

Previous versions:
                      FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1
                      FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Also available on Thievery-Customs -> http://www.thievery-customs.com/
                      Last edited by mcfarrel; 28 Jul 2010, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X