Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hybrid
    • Jan 2003

It seems like many ideas have been brought up here, and obviously Dalai wants player feedback from the people who have played the most.

It'd be really cool if some Heterosexual Life Partners from the Black Cat community who constantly bicker and disagree with each other could test some of these ideas. Theory v. practice and all that jazz.

Comment

• Ran-bot
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hybrid View Post
      It seems like many ideas have been brought up here, and obviously Dalai wants player feedback from the people who have played the most.
      What if Dalai also wants feedback from people who have lost interest in ASw? If you're looking to build a strong community around a game you have to figure out why people leave in the first place and what reasonable changes can be made to keep people coming back to play.

Comment

• Dalai
        Project Lead
        • May 2002

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• Moses2k
          • Oct 2004

Making the hacking minigame require an intro-level EE course.

Immersion!

Comment

• =IRON=CORVUS
            • Sep 2004

THere should be more places where a autoganer is abolutley needed and places where demo shines, same for medic or techs. FOr examples you could put zones with hardmounted minigunes only autoguner can use or machines only tech can operate with ( not only some remote guns but machiner you could crush the bugs with... Ideas like mobile forcefield bubble that is remotely controlled by one player while rest stays in it trying not to sep out and get fried choped burned or annything else) or maybe big vehicles tech can drive and ag can operate turret while demos and medics travel on it protecting theyre driver not to be eaten or the main gunner. Remote minefields a demo could operate with triggers or medics specific things like luring aliens away from the group with pheromones or field labs they could use for various purposes like mixing some extra bombs or various vacinations that would temporarly buf others and be able to be caried out in the field, or operating a cryogenic field slowing and freezing the enemies while watching out not to kill your teammates.

All in all for better multiplayer you need more features more stuff where people can have theyre 5 minutes to shine.

Other than that i cant recall annything that wasnt mentioned already, quitters and smartass newbs are annoying as all hell but i dont think you have an idea for that. perhaps a medic could use a field brain implantation to alow remotely controll of a marine if he strays off and get lost a pro could switch to him and guide him back for a fev seconds.
            www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

• =IRON=CORVUS
              • Sep 2004

also give us an option to mesage people already ingame so if i see some old players i know playing on a pasworded server i dont know the passowrd to i could ask them for it. i know they would let me in i just dont have the option to ask.
              www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

• Hybrid
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by =IRON=CORVUS View Post
                perhaps a medic could use a field brain implantation to alow remotely controll of a marine if he strays off and get lost a pro could switch to him and guide him back for a fev seconds.
                This just reminded me about Left 4 Dead's "Take a break" option, and how if you go idle for a minute, an AI will automatically take over.

I don't think I heard it mentioned before. Any plans to implement that in AS:I?

Comment

• Schleicher
                  • Jun 2003

Well i played some out of a weird mood and hell is it dead, 3 total servers? All the THN ones seem gone.

Dunno about griefers or star stealing or whatever but id have some general suggestions.

1) Tutorial is nice but dont think many will bother goin thru something that lengthy where its just reading stuff and bots so mebbe make the first campaign some sorta tutorial campaign presenting typical situations where you pick up teh skillz along the way or something with Sergeant Major Helpfulhints barking "DEPLOY TEH TURRET HERE MAGGOT" or L4D style hint stuff like "You better prepare before hacking because shit comes" or whatever. It could be called the Nooboolon Campaign.

2) Since its so dependant on Map Knowledge you get a huge gap where vets can just sleepwalk and get annoyed when somebody doesnt get with the routine (didnt happen in those recent games tho, wub westy) and the rest is plain confused and has difficulties keeping up. To dampen that there should be some randomization (i gathered so far spawns and stuff are static, if not oho) so even if ya played a thing 200 bazillion times you still wouldnt quite know whats up which a) would lower the pace abit so Private Whatdidhejustdo could see what everybody just did and b) could make newer dudes helpful too since theyd know about as much when stuff could spawn as a vet. Could even be an option if you like speedrunning so much :b

This is my feedback based on playing ~2 hours this week. And ~5 when AS came out. And ~1 in between where i got in the way of the routine >:S

EDIT : How bout MELEE WEPINZ. Youd think the interstellar Megamarines would have lazor rapiers or something
                  Last edited by Schleicher; 13 Jan 2010, 09:19 PM.
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

• Moses2k
                    • Oct 2004

Let us know about a game in advance (in the dedicated thread) and we'll have some players for a real go of it. Melee is the past, bra. Ranged is the present. In the future, I imagine it's winning without fighting (aka 'from orbit').

Comment

• Felix
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
                      Well i played some out of a weird mood...
                      Give me a poke when that accures again. A cheerfull GRRRR always raises the moral of the troops It might look dead (dont know who I quote now, but "it's not dead. It's undead!") atm, but we spontaniously organise a game over steam if we want to play.
                      www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by =IRON=CORVUS View Post
                        also give us an option to mesage people already ingame so if i see some old players i know playing on a pasworded server i dont know the passowrd to i could ask them for it. i know they would let me in i just dont have the option to ask.
                        Are you in the relevent steam groups?

WSIT: Yesh you ar!
                        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Fate
                          • Jul 2004

Back when I played pub actively there wasn't much I wanted to change, perhaps the random griefers, but I can stand 'em.
                          Only the gentle are every really strong.

Comment

• Moses2k
                            • Oct 2004

How about non-random griefers, regarding which I have certain names in mind?

Comment

• Hybrid
                              • Jan 2003

Dread, OneManArmy, Moses...

Mouses, don't let your next post be as predictable as mine. I've claimed the monopoly.

Comment

• Moses2k
                                • Oct 2004

For the record (not FYI, of course), I was referring to you and I. The world needs to know about your antics.

Comment

Working...
                                X