X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Idle_Wild
    • Aug 2008

Look familiar?

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

I hear it's good.
  • Shea
    • Apr 2006

The demo says otherwise.

Comment

• Carth
      • Jun 2004

Worth getting?

Comment

• Felix
        • Apr 2006

demo sucks: view is bad and the controls are cheesy.
        www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Subjective Effect
          • Jul 2003

It looks really, really good.

It plays less well. Alien Swarm has far superior gameplay imho. What on earth is happening with AS: Infested?

It's a real shame that BCG hasn't progressed (afaik) with AS:I or NightBlade. TUT and AS were and remain fantastic.

Comment

• DarkLord75
            • Mar 2005

It's a real shame that BCG hasn't progressed (afaik) with AS:I or NightBlade.
            For AS:I, here. Pretty sure NB got the axe.
            "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

• BigMitts
              • Jan 2010

I bought AB for the 360 back in December and think it's great. It's actually the reason that I looked around for other alien shooters and ended up discovering AS.

AB looks and sounds great. It's a much more simple game than AS - basically just a shoot 'em up. And I mean come on, for it's price you can't get much better nowadays. I would recommend it to anyone looking to kill some time before any AS countdowns resume

To point out differences and shortcomings to anyone who is curious about it. The movement speed is much slower than AS, it does have awkward camera control, it's only about 8-10 hours. The co-op is only 2 people and only over 3 of the 5 levels, not the whole campaign.
              Last edited by BigMitts; 29 May 2010, 08:37 AM. Reason: poor grammar

Comment

• Idle_Wild
                • Aug 2008

Someone has made a walkthrough of the demo:

Toda a demonstração, tirando as telas que ficam aparecendo implorando pra que a gente compre o jogo.

Comment

• Bucchus
                  • Mar 2004

Unimpressed. I played it with a pad so I've no idea about the mouse controls but eugh, not really good. One nice thing was the camera rotation (not the aiming thing) and the scene where the camera gets into chase mode. The menu UI is horrible, half the time I couldn't figure out which option I was pointing at due to the blue sizzles.

But no, wouldn't get it even for the low price. Boring and bland and I wouldn't even call it good looking. Popguns and the aliens just fall flat after being shot, needs more carnage. For arcadey fun I'd say Alien Shooter or the Shadowgrounds ones are probably better choices (although the latter I still haven't played myself so not sure). This one's basically just riding on the retro status of the old Alien Breed(s).

Also waiting eagerly that AS:I will be called a clone of this game, even though the difference can most likely be seen after playing both it might deter people from getting AS:I.
                  My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BigMitts View Post
                    <stuff>
                    Have you played alienshooter 2?
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Bucchus View Post
                      Also waiting eagerly that AS:I will be called a clone of this game, even though the difference can most likely be seen after playing both it might deter people from getting AS:I.
                      I agree, and i hope this doesnt happen as it would be a terrible shame, its also a shame that ut2004 is required for ASw, it would be nice if people could just pick it up and play, is there any chance that ASw for ut2004 could be added to steam for users with ut2004?
                      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• BigMitts
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                        Have you played alienshooter 2?
                        No I haven't played the Alien Shooter games yet. To be honest I wasn't sure if they were TOO dated to get into now.

As for AS:I being called a clone of the other, I sincerely hope not. I'll defend Alien Breed as I enjoyed it despite it's flaws, but based on the what I've gotten through of Alien Swarm it is far superior for reasons I'm sure everyone here is already aware of.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                          • Apr 2005

I played alienshooter 2, 3 times at least, and then once on the remake, it IS most definitely worth getting if you wasted your money on alienbreed, or were going to

(if you can get your hands on version 1(vengeance) of alienshooter2 it is much better than verion 2 (reloaded).
                          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• BigMitts
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                            I played alienshooter 2, 3 times at least, and then once on the remake, it IS most definitely worth getting if you wasted your money on alienbreed, or were going to

(if you can get your hands on version 1(vengeance) of alienshooter2 it is much better than verion 2 (reloaded).
                            What's the difference between the 2 versions? All I could find was the Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded on Steam. I tried the demo and thought it was pretty good anyways. So many aliens, so much blood and the best soundtrack since Lethal Weapon . But seriously, I did like it.

I also had a bit of a laugh because it is exactly like an older version of Alien Breed only with a bit deeper RPG element. Well, I guess an older version of the current Alien Breed (I never played the originals).
                            Last edited by BigMitts; 2 Jun 2010, 10:29 AM. Reason: poor spelling.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                              • Apr 2005

Vengeance has an even deeper rpg, element

I cant recall exactly,(me loads ASv) vengeance has 12 ways to spend points, reloaded has 6, and reloaded has 1 implant slot instead of 3.
                              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                              X