Deciding to install again; need help as usual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimyd
    • Jun 2004

Deciding to install again; need help as usual.

From instaling with like a 1.0(5+ years old) 6 CD set of UT2k4, what is the official order to get this mod installed and working with all the custom campaigns from this list: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=7607

Sigma/Ortega/Phalanx/Telic/EFR/Upsilon/Rift/Corvus(well guess not Corvus;need download for all that apply)

With: Telic Stims Enabled and all extra weapons from the campaigns chooseable at the start.

Also it would be nice to know how to have all the game unlocks already unlocked(hardcore,carnage,etc. with the camera rotate options).

Yeah, until they fix the matchmaking in Alien Breed: Impact, I can't get my fix for this genre of games yet(already beat Shadowgrounds and Alien Shooter: Vengeance too many times).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jimyd; 6 Jun 2010, 09:02 PM.
  • Jimyd
    • Jun 2004

Oh yes, I'm running Vista on a Laptop that has native resolution 1280x800.

Comment

• Moses2k
      • Oct 2004

As regards last one,

setres 1280x800

in console.

Comment

• Dalai
        Project Lead
        • May 2002

Originally posted by Jimyd View Post
        Sigma/Ortega/Phalanx/Telic/EFR/Upsilon/Rift/Corvus(well guess not Corvus;need download for all that apply)
        To be honest, last time I reinstalled Alien Swarm I couldn't get all these working.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
          • Sep 2004

Where'd Pestcon's community installer go?

First, patch UT2k4 up to version 3369 and play one quick round of DM in UT2k4. This generates some files that Swarm will use (I think).

Get Swarm version 1.3 and install it to the proper folders. You'll be able to tell it was installed correctly if Alien Swarm shows up in the Community menu in UT2k4. Patch Swarm up to 1.34 since you're using widescreen.

You can find all of the files you'll need at alienswarm.de if you click the downloads option on the left side. The UT2k4 patch is in the ut2004 section, Alien Swarm ver. 1.3 and the 1.34 patch are found in the as>basics section.

For campaigns, you can find most of them in the as>campaigns sections in .zip files. Telic and EFR come together in the Telic 1.1 package. You can find standalone maps in the as>maps section.
          Based on a true story.
          The prequel.

Comment

• lightfoot
            • Oct 2005

The Sigma and Ortega campaigns are the originals, they come with a normal installment of Swarm.
            Same goes for Upsilon (the first officially supported campaign built from fan-made maps).

The Telic/EFR camps are another 3rd party opus, a must-have. Brings a lot of upgrades, and is especially popular not only for the awesome mapping, but also for the telic mutator, introducing the "Telic Stims". Most servers run this, and you can of course use it in single mode too.

Corvus camp was never finished, its status alternates between 'dead' and 'pretending to be alive'
            Rift is not a campaign. It is an experimental weapons pack. In some occasions it has shown to be bad for the balance to use it. Has a handful of bugs, too.

About the camera variation Unlocks, have a look in the Mutators section.

Comment

• Felix
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post

You can find all of the files you'll need at alienswarm.de if you click the downloads option on the left side. The UT2k4 patch is in the ut2004 section, Alien Swarm ver. 1.3 and the 1.34 patch are found in the as>basics section.

For campaigns, you can find most of them in the as>campaigns sections in .zip files. Telic and EFR come together in the Telic 1.1 package. You can find standalone maps in the as>maps section.
              Well done, is that a job application?

We work for free though
              www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Jimyd
                • Jun 2004

Since I am a noob at mutator configing, what do I type into the userconfig for UT that auto-starts the mutators(so I do not have to fool with the console every single time I start AS).

Everything else is a big help.

Are u sure Upsilon is included now, why is the .ZIP file up on de. then?

I think I'll just join the online server that has the Rift weapons to see if I like them or not, and to see how much I crash ^_^.

Also what do I type in the Userconfig to bind (EDIT: Read Telic User Manual for Telic Stim binding ; silly me) and the Suicide command? =)

Another thing, send an invite to me for AlienSwarm.de STEAM community. =)
                Last edited by Jimyd; 7 Jun 2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Stein
                  • Jun 2004

Make a .bat file using this.
                  This example will launch a Sigma Custom Campaign (with mutators active) on a dedicated server, running in -lanplay mode (remove it if you don't want it). It's also set to load the Options Mutator as well as the Friendly Fire Indicator. If you don't have those, just delete the lines as well, but I think you probably do.
                  Note that people from the web can still connect to a -lanplay server.
                  Code:
                  CD ..\
                  cd ..\System
                  ucc server AO-ReactorCore.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCustCampGameInfo?CustCampStr=cc_sigma.cc_sigma??SlotName=CustomCampaignGame?CampaignSlot=1?NewGame=No?mutator=AoOptionMut.MutAoOptions,AoMiniMuts.MutAoFFIndicator -lanplay -mod=AlienSwarm
                  To set your keybindings, do these:
                  Code:
                  set input key suicide
                  set input key stim

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                    • Apr 2005

The stim one is avaliable in the options.

And there is no non comic use for suicide.
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Moses2k
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                      And there is no non comic use for suicide.
                      Oh, come on; this is surely not the case. r u trollin?

Comment

• Jimyd
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Stein View Post
                        Make a .bat file using this.
                        This example will launch a Sigma Custom Campaign (with mutators active) on a dedicated server, running in -lanplay mode (remove it if you don't want it). It's also set to load the Options Mutator as well as the Friendly Fire Indicator. If you don't have those, just delete the lines as well, but I think you probably do.
                        Note that people from the web can still connect to a -lanplay server.
                        Code:
                        CD ..\
                        cd ..\System
                        ucc server AO-ReactorCore.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCustCampGameInfo?CustCampStr=cc_sigma.cc_sigma??SlotName=CustomCampaignGame?CampaignSlot=1?NewGame=No?mutator=AoOptionMut.MutAoOptions,AoMiniMuts.MutAoFFIndicator -lanplay -mod=AlienSwarm
                        To set your keybindings, do these:
                        Code:
                        set input key suicide
                        set input key stim
                        So uh I tried figuring this out, but I became confused. I'm not using any of the mutators from .de(didn't install them).

Basically all I want to run is the EFR campaign mutator(it has Friendly Fire Telic Stims Auto-Enabled) for any given pre-defined campaign from the list(sigma/ortega/upsilon/phalanx/telic).

Also I want it to just be a singleplayer "server".

Also how do I go to make a .bat file on Vista(I know).

*EDIT*

You just save a text document as All Files and just name it abcd.bat.

Still need help to what I type for the EFR mutator though.

Like can I just copy+paste whatever I need to enable the EFR mutator into the console and be ready to go? Then you can just post that, that's no big deal.

Forgot that I need to ask for the bindings to drop Shenk/Hunter-Rifle Ammo(silly me I know).
                        Last edited by Jimyd; 7 Jun 2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                          • Apr 2005

Code:
                          DropFromAmmoBag 6, DropFromAmmoBag 7|DropFromAmmoBag 7
                          Six is hunter, seven is shenks.
                          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jimyd View Post
                            Basically all I want to run is the EFR campaign mutator(it has Friendly Fire Telic Stims Auto-Enabled) for any given pre-defined campaign from the list(sigma/ortega/upsilon/phalanx/telic).
                            Code:
                            start ..\System\ut2004.exe AOL-TelicCampaignLobby.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCCLobbyGameInfo?CustCampStr=AoTelicCamp.AoCCTelicCampaign?CampaignSlot=11?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Telic?CampaignType=Custom?Mutator=AoEFRCode.MutEFR -mod=AlienSwarm
                            That should work for your .bat file. It'll start up a single player "server" with the EFR mutator enabled. You'll be in the Telic campaign lobby, but if you start a map, then open the mapvote menu with F1, you can pick any campaign or map you please and the EFR mutator should carry over. There's a cleaner way to do it, but I can't recall it at the moment.

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Well done, is that a job application?

We work for free though
                            I once applied for a .de soiver admin position once I don't think I'm active enough to warrant such a thing anymore. What might be more useful an "installation guide" sticky at the top of the forum. I noticed the Telic website is gone, so it's a bit more of a chore to find and configure. .de has most of the documentation still, I see.
                            Based on a true story.
                            The prequel.

Comment

• Jimyd
                              • Jun 2004

Code:
                              start ..\System\ut2004.exe AOL-TelicCampaignLobby.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCCLobbyGa meInfo?CustCampStr=AoTelicCamp.AoCCTelicCampaign?C ampaignSlot=11?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Telic?Campaign Type=Custom?Mutator=AoEFRCode.MutEFR -mod=AlienSwarm

OK so that loaded up the Telic campaign with the EFR equipment fine, but whenever I try to change to say like upsilon/phalanx/sigma/ortega it doesn't load the EFR or Telic stuff at all.

I'm using the menu where it shows votekick/changeleader/callmapvote; I'm pretty sure that is what you meant yes?

I tried selecting the other campaign directly and tried creating a custom list, didn't work.

I also tried to do this for example:

start ..\System\ut2004.exe AOL-UpsilonCampaignLobby.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCCLobby GameInfo?CustCampStr=AoUpsilonCamp.AoCCUpsilonCamp aign?CampaignSlot=11?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Upsilon? CampaignType=Custom?Mutator=AoEFRCode.MutEFR -mod=AlienSwarm

Obviouslly that did not work; I couldn't move around the map screen(my hacked attempt to make seperate .bat files for each campaign).

Thanks for the help so far, wish I knew this whole Mutator stuff better(hopefully this will be easier in AS:I).

Comment

Working...
                              X