Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch #1 Ideas

Need someway to show if your spinning the minigun or not.

I think a sound effect plays but if it does it's very faint compared to everything else. Also I don't think it has an animation which just feels kinda weird.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbullet View Post
    Need someway to show if your spinning the minigun or not.

I think a sound effect plays but if it does it's very faint compared to everything else. Also I don't think it has an animation which just feels kinda weird.
    There is a sound and it is audible to other players, but I myself can not hear it over everything else unless I'm watching a replay video in most cases. The only way I can ever tell if they're spinning up is if they're walking around - and using the gear for a few hours will help anyone be able to recognize what's going on with who.

A gripe I have is that the heal grenades/med satchel are incredibly hard for people to see - that or they just don't like getting half of their hit points back. I drop the grenade when all 4 are clustered and at least one person will walk off to go stand 10 feet away like they don't even notice their arm is off, every match.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Seconding Agga's spectator idea. It should probably be an option when creating a new game. Just one or two would be swell, there'd be more readily lined up replacements if one player has to leave. For newer players it could work as a learning thing and older ones could get their kicks playing a voicechat commander

Left 4 Dead should've had this as well, no idea if it was somehow added in but it wasn't there originally at least.
    My cats are black! How about yours?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    3rdeded.

Also, when the game is connecting to a server, it does the whole connecting 10 times before failing thing. Would it be possible to have an esc back to the previous menu there? It's a pain waiting when you know it's going to timeout.
    ..it's safer here.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You sure that doesn't work? I've hit esc from there before...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggamemnon View Post
    It could use 6 players, even if 2 were spectator only, would be entertaining to watch and wait for a turn.
    I third this, if it were at all possible.

Also, would it be possible to improve the reliability of up/down aiming? There are times where I put my cursor right on an alien that's just a few steps below me, and my dude just keeps shooting straight. I realize they've got heavy equipment and all, but surely they could put their back into it a bit more. :P

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Yessir! In fact it stops me from pretty much doing anything until it's done (apart from stare at the swirly). I can't even alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete :O
    Last edited by Baz; 21st Jul 2010 at 02:21 PM.
    ..it's safer here.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    i would have thought having 8 characters would indicate the possibility of having them all playable sometime down the line[ as in 8 player]
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Or maybe it's a throwback from older code?
    ..it's safer here.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Each marine has different default stats, making them better for certain situations. Vegas is better than Crash if you have a full team of competent players, and Faith is a better medic than Bastille for the same situations. Crash and Bastille do more damage though, so they're better for smaller teams. Wolfe has better damage output with the Autogun than Wildcat - who is better with all weapons - and Jaeger is better with the Vindicator and Explosives than Sarge, but Sarge has higher Leadership.

The differences are subtle but present nonetheless.
    Previously known as Exo. Yes, that Exo.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I thought up another totally nitpicky thing. The briefing no longer explicitly says the mariens' ranks and full names!

Yes, for some of them, it has their names as part of their biographies. But is Vegas' real name even still Alejandro Guerra?? Even the Wiki doesn't know. You're tearing me apart, Lisa!

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Hello I am New and i have some Ideas Which me and My Friends think it would be good for the Game Here are my Ideas I think Alienswarm is Cool But some Players May Want Customize Character and so that they are able to Pick which ever Stats they want But only a Limited amount of Stats Points so they can Chose And some 1 told me they Sould add Customize Armor so that they can Pick the Armor colour and the Style aND 5 man Sqaud Would be Good and also i am Thinking of a New class They Should add Help me Name One good Class

4thded Agga's suggestion. Needs a neat way of allowing spectators to join as active players if the team want them (eg someone calls it a night) but not dropping into a live slot just because one player lost connection for a minute.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggamemnon View Post
    It could use 6 players, even if 2 were spectator only, would be entertaining to watch and wait for a turn.

So 6 player limit, with 2 being spectator spots. For when you have more than enough for one game but not enough for two.
    Or just to take turns with friends.
    I second that!

Also I would like to get crouching back. Then it should be possible that one marine fires over the other without doing FF, like in L4D.

And, yea jumping. To rollover is a nice clean fun, but no jumping?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You actually crouch when you press the walk key. I've no idea if you can fire over them when you do that, will test tonight.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Only crouch down if you stop moving and hold the walk key.
    Otherwise you walk at full height.
    There is limited over the shoulder firing, but it relies on the person standing still and getting a good angle (obviously barrel to the back of the head still kills em).

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Should Autogunners be allowed to equip BOTH the AG + IAF AG? I'm thinking this is one of those things that should be restricted...

Also, I miss double satchel medics wielding pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I can't say I miss jumping really, but it would be nice if you could vault over certain things like over railings or onto a stack of crates if you're facing that direction. So instead of rolling into a wall you're already up against you just pop over it just as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucchus View Post
    Seconding Agga's spectator idea. It should probably be an option when creating a new game. Just one or two would be swell, there'd be more readily lined up replacements if one player has to leave. For newer players it could work as a learning thing and older ones could get their kicks playing a voicechat commander
    Thirded. This would be especially useful since even when you're dead you can still help your team by drawing on the minimap. Having some spectators able to help others out as acting commanders might be extra useful in this situation. Even more so if the leader drew on the map at setup to outline a plan and it stayed there until they hit a reset button.
    Last edited by Dread; 22nd Jul 2010 at 08:47 PM.
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Two other bugs:

Brightness settings aren't saved between game sessions, meaning that each time you launch the game you need to reset this. And the in-game/lobby chat log isn't saved (more L4D bugs passing over) so you have no chance of reading messages you may have missed.
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Rolling is actually in place of Jumping. It intercepts your +jump command with asw_marine_rolls 1; as this setting is flagged as a cheat, there is no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    You actually crouch when you press the walk key. I've no idea if you can fire over them when you do that, will test tonight.
    You can't. However, if someone is crouching at the bottom of stairs and you're at the top of the stairs, this can reduce friendly fire chance with the possibility of you firing over them.
    Last edited by Stein; 22nd Jul 2010 at 09:27 PM.

Hello, i am a new member of these forums, but i am here because i have a suggestion
    While i do enjoy the custom music feature, i keep hearing some songs much more than others.
    I suggest that you add sliders that effect the probability of a song playing when custom music plays, Somewhat like the "My music" feature in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This way, people can have the songs they really want to hear play more, and others play less, or adjust the odds of their playing.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    The first thing I want is a lobbies only option for the matchmaking. I don't know why it isn't already there since Left 4 Dead has it an this games matchmaking was clearly based of its matchmaking. Joining games in progress is annoying since you cant play.

I also second the suggestion for some type of firearm like a Magnum or something for the accessory slot so full Medics don't have to rely on Melee only. I mean taking the melee boost upgrade works for Hard an lower but on Insane you will still get mobbed trying to melee. The gun could be strong like able to drop a drone in one shot but have very little ammo. Though it would kind of require the current weapon system to support 3 weapons so I dunno.

An lastly the biggest thing I want is to see the AI director or Random Map generator worked into the game. I dunno if they are counting on the modders to do this but I would like to see Official stuff using it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Check the latest patch, it says matchmaking differentiates between games in the briefing and games underway. That may be exactly what you're looking for.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Hmm so they snuck in a late night update an added something like that sweet. Guess they are on the ball. They also fixed the ammo technician achievement today as well I guess I need to carry some ammo boxes again. Too used to being able to manage it an not run out. lol

I'm impressed it takes the Left 4 Dead team ages to fix anything.

Anyway though I do have another suggestion. There needs to be a warning message telling the host that if he quits it will end the game in progress for other players. Since someone on the forums said there isn't one right now.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
    on Insane you will still get mobbed trying to melee
    As it should be. You're swinging your medkit at horrible aliens, not a chainsword.

I used double medkit pretty much in old Swarm and I have to say, I'm seeing the justification for not having weapons in the extra slot here. With just one healing item it really gets more intense and you have to be careful with the heals. With two items it gets way easier and you'll rarely if ever run out of meds with a proper team. Resource management. So either you'll want to shoot and try to manage with one medpack or either just become a defenseless pack mule.

Now a powerful magnum in a primary/secondary slot is a different thing altogether... Make it something like the healing SMG in Killing Floor, a gun with an add-on healing syringe secondary glued to the side, just not as powerful as primary heals.
    My cats are black! How about yours?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Any chance on changing the heal gun's laser-sight to a different color? Like, some light shade of blue?

I admit, I find myself accidentally (purposely, for some particularly special people) trying to shoot teammates rather than heal them, because the wrong gun is out and I'm trying to be fast.

Healing the aliens is fun, too.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    I have, on one occasion, mistaken my flamethrower for my healgun.

Let's just say that one run didn't go too well.
    Previously known as Exo. Yes, that Exo.

fix it by changing the powerfist to stun dmg, that way you can single target without taking damage, but multiple aliens will still mob you good.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienInvader View Post
    fix it by changing the powerfist to stun dmg, that way you can single target without taking damage, but multiple aliens will still mob you good.
    Well that's kind of pointless. Since right now if a drone attack you with powerfist by itself its not problem you kill it in one or two punches. It's the mobs that kill you. A stun effect would just make Powerfist if it came at the expense of damage would just make it worse.

An yeah making the healgun beam an medkit aura's blue would be a good thing. Since it would help distinguish between what is a damage amp an what will heal you. I feel like right now damage amps kill noobs standing it expecting healing lol.

i was thinking more along the lines of killing spitters and bombspitters and stuff. and do you never whiff with the second punch? which gives it time to counter before the third.

also, if you're going to change an aura, change the damage amp aura, heal kits just seem to be better red.

Thread Information