Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch #1 Ideas

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
    An yeah making the healgun beam an medkit aura's blue would be a good thing. Since it would help distinguish between what is a damage amp an what will heal you. I feel like right now damage amps kill noobs standing it expecting healing lol.
    Maybe a kind of holographic decal on the ground? The medicaura would have a red cross of course, and the damage amp could have the radiation symbol or whatever, similar to the one on the amp model in the item loadout screen.
    Previously known as Exo. Yes, that Exo.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcalane View Post
    Maybe a kind of holographic decal on the ground? The medicaura would have a red cross of course, and the damage amp could have the radiation symbol or whatever, similar to the one on the amp model in the item loadout screen.
    Unless I'm mistaken, your marine already has a little cross over them indicating you can heal other marines. But most often you're not really even looking at your marine and instead hunting for bugs about to pounce or trying to find the wounded marine to heal. The hologram idea is good, or anything that can really let you know which weapon or non-weapon you're currently holding.
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    I mean, when you deploy a beacon/damage amp, it'd show the 'decal' on the floor in the area of effect. That way people can look at a beacon + area of effect and it's instantly obvious which beacon type it is, if you're having trouble telling which is which.

Ed: Hadn't noticed the healbeacon has one already. Could stand to be made a bit bigger though.
    Last edited by Arcalane; 24th Jul 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Well I disagree since the red aura on the heal kit is kind of hard to see in the dark. A bright blue would stick out more such as the same color as most of this games user interface. An blue is more associated with something helpful. Case in point good Jedi have blue lightsaber an Sith have Red. lol

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Any chance on changing the heal gun's laser-sight to a different color? Like, some light shade of blue?

I admit, I find myself accidentally (purposely, for some particularly special people) trying to shoot teammates rather than heal them, because the wrong gun is out and I'm trying to be fast.

Healing the aliens is fun, too.
    Yeah I did the same thing yesterday. Several times, so ++blew lazors.
    What do y'all think about a colour change when you get an auto aim lock?
    I think teal might work well..
    ..it's safer here.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Yeah I did the same thing yesterday. Several times, so ++blew lazors.
    What do y'all think about a colour change when you get an auto aim lock?
    I think teal might work well..
    +1 on Heal gun color
    +1 on Auto-lock color, though green would be more tastful than TEAL!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    +1 on Auto-lock color, though green would be more tastful than TEAL!
    Let people customize their standard/heal/lock beam colours and display that colour change to other players too! And give players the option to override everyone else's with their settings if they want - but obviously it only displays that way on their client. For example;

Bob has red autolock, blue heal and green standard.
    Fred has green autolock, red heal and blue standard.

Bob doesn't want to get confused by Fred's settings, so he enables local overriding. Fred still sees his own colours on his end as being different from Bob's since he doesn't have the override on, but on Bob's screen, everyone uses the same colour scheme setup as he does.

Could do the same for tripmine beams and flare colours. Would be a nice touch.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    inside kegs mind, ideas and thoughts.

don't think iv posted yet, so first off, congrants on releasing yet another awesome game, been playing since the night it was released and enjoy every bit of it.. well part from server/lag issues :s just wanted to chuck in some ideas

1- Default 2 player min = add a bot? when a 2nd player joins he can take over that bot midgame?
    2- class specific weapons, limit existing weapons what each class can have a bit more

3- Make a bind possible for a message saying "escape open" / "door open" or something similar to tell team mates to get there arses there
    3.1- Make the GO/Stop/Caution messages appear in the chat / with disable feature or mute certain player feature..
    3.15 - prefer the option, when a player uses the GO/Stop/Caution a bar appears above the persons name in dif colours.. something like pic in atachment.. but better of course

4- Friendly Fire settings, keep them the same, but add option for server runner to change them on insane / Hard mode (perhaps on a slider bar so all others can see), for normal i think its perfect.. fine for hard too tbh :d
    5- More Achievements! class specific ones maybe? toggle hide completed achievements button? and if you add in more weapon kill achivments tripple the amount needed, i did most in 2 nights easy.
    6- Take Ammo from 2nd weapon supply for primary gun without dropping..? just an idea, not sure if i like it tbh
    7- keep blinkpack/assaultjets as map extras rather then unlockable.. i do like extra map goodies
    8- no special badge for maxing the last rank?
    9- More End GameStats? well.. can you just add accuracy? or is it there hidden somewhere? but id like too see how good/bad i was
    10-Replay Mission Button / Vote
    11- Player skins, i dont know weather i like them all not, somtimes i think they look really good but atm i feel like im playing a bug hunting version of the Power Rangers lol not really an idea just a thought!
    12- When all weapons unlocked, shrink the pictures half size and make 2 layers for when picking equipment? scrolling back and forth is a tad anoying
    13- Tech, ability to take 2 inventory slots instead of the 2nd weapons slot, so 1 main and 3 inventory in total (can toggle between normal and more invent slots)

i do love playing as tech for the mini games, its a nice little touch which is really cool so i thought id chuck in some ideas for new ones..

11- Tech - Mini game - Hotwire (you know they would beable too!) - i was thinking situation like.. computer system damage/turret controls smashed, wire it back up to be on auto.. (or on Reactor map when you click on it to activate it, instead the controls are locked so you need to hotwire it) use it same as hack etc but you have to connect cables together.. hard to describe, all the cables are plugged in say 3 different locations, 3 cable boxes, Left and Right box cables connect to the Middle box, the idea would be to cut out the middle box by wiring box left with box right, click and drag on one cable to move it and hook it up with another (or maybe click on 2 cables 1 after the other to hook up) maybe even a colour code patten which tells you which ones to hook up first, right click to cut off cables that arnt needed etc.. not challenging i know but thats not the point of these is it could even use this to overide door settings etc, just thought a 3rd mini game would be spreading them out a bit, the same 2 might get a bit repetative if you want more then one guard the tech spot in a mission

11.1- i did have a 2nd idea of repairing a damaged stucture like a turrent but tbh i didnt like it, just thought id add this anyway

12- Medic - i like playing medic but for some reason i feel like something missing from the class.. 2 ideas i had, both i was going suggest would only be available if you use both medicgun and packs together, so your playing solely to heal and that would open up either of these inventory slot ideas..
    1- simply recharges the medic gun so much %, allow 2 charges, 2- Kiss Of Life! mini game for medic, i haven't been able to come up with the mini game idea yet.. but i was thinking, player dies, medic has 10sec's to get to him/her, if he/she makes it and clicks on body, mini game starts same as tech games, end of mini game the marine lives at 50% / 25% health, if the medic closes the mini game, marine is dead, so team mates have to cover the medic.. only use once, maybe twice.. but like i said i cannot think of a medic mini game :/ a mini game of space invaders came to mind but i dont think that would be allowed

13- i leveled to max the other night, don't know if your planning on adding in any more leveling but if you do, an idea of making it so the player has 4 sections of each level, 1 for each class, so for the player to level they need to regularly switch classes, just a good way of switch classes more often, i tend to stick with the tech more then anything..

14- Medic i feel should get more xp or healing, i try to play with both medic equipment so only get melee kills and i dont rly get much xp compared to other characters (not that xp really matters i guess)

Been mentioned before, just saying id like this / agree with the ideas

1- Reload Bar, above character? plz plz plz! at least the ability to move it about, its a pain in the ass with single shots weapons..
    2- Medicstuff = Bluelight
    3- Max 4 player, 2 specs - spec's form a queue for joining when someone leaves, to spectate you have to click spec when joining, have enough problems connecting to a game anyway never mind always connecting as a spec when i want to play!
    4- Password Games or even better invite-only
    5- Servers.. can be really laggy, get disconnecting quite regularly

Bugs

1-Welding Doors - after welding sometimes my player continues to lock onto the door as i run away for quite some distance, not sure if thats somthing im doing or not
    2-couple of times, iv clicked to join public games to have the screen go back to the main start menu, but with no options like start game, settings etc, just the background with the bugs running across, sits there and does nothing, have to alt tab del shut down , just me with this ?

um yeah thats it for now, just a few ideas for a brain storm you might like to think of.. or not lol, i'd be happy enough if i could move the reload bar tho!

edit -

Insane locked untill you have completed all the maps on hard.. normaly at least, i dont mind playing with noobs at all but playing with people who dont have a clue what there doing on the maps is pointless..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keggie; 26th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM.
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Thread Information