Thread: AI Director should be enabled by default.

AI Director should be enabled by default.

The game is awesome, but we know that players get bored of the only campaign currently available very quickly. AS needs some randomization, that's why the Director should be enabled as quickly as possible(preferably with a small hotfix). Why not make an amazing game even more amazing by changing just one little option?

It makes the game a lot more difficult, I hear.

I don't think it should be enabled by default but it should be an option for the host, perhaps near the difficulty option.

In fact, there are a lot of options that really should have been easier to reach than by looking up console commands. Using asw_pick_stim_music even gives you a little menu to select the music, so why isn't this in the options menu?
    "Single handedly, you've ruined the fun many were having with the game. Good job Hitler."

Well, I'm sure they can make some minor adjustments to the AI Director to make sure it's not too difficult. This is such a waste of potential when a feature that brings so much diversity into the game and that can be enabled with just typing 1 instead of 0 is off by default.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie21 View Post
    In fact, there are a lot of options that really should have been easier to reach than by looking up console commands. Using asw_pick_stim_music even gives you a little menu to select the music, so why isn't this in the options menu?
    Unfortunately as far as I can tell that command doesn't actually seem to work - trying to select a replacement disabled the old adrenaline music, but didn't play my new choice. Do files have to be a specific length/size/format or be in a specific location?
    Previously known as Exo. Yes, that Exo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcalane View Post
    Unfortunately as far as I can tell that command doesn't actually seem to work - trying to select a replacement disabled the old adrenaline music, but didn't play my new choice. Do files have to be a specific length/size/format or be in a specific location?
    I have no idea, I haven't tried it myself.
    "Single handedly, you've ruined the fun many were having with the game. Good job Hitler."

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Yeah I definitely agree this would add L4D level replayability to the game in one simple change. Though maybe its off for a reason like they have not got done balancing it so it spawns fair amounts of enemies or something.

I don't think the AI director is complete, based on my observations. I'm hardly a game developer though.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    We turned it on the other night, and it's a little buggy and creates some lag. But there's really nothing quite like seeing 10-20 aliens actually swarm in from the rear. Just like old times
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
    so it spawns fair amounts of enemies or something.
    You're right, the options for changing it to spawn more are locked. If I could, I'd have it spawn two groups of much larger sizes so they cant all be handled by a single marine.

Registered
    Jun 2004

Question

How would I make it so the wanderer and horde override commands spawn Drones, Parasites, and other bugs all at the same time.

Having just drones spawn isn't hard enough.

Is it possible to spawn shieldbugs and carrier bugs and stuf?

Could someone make a list of all the possible alien classes that spawn; that would be helpful.

Thread Information