• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedenger
    • Jul 2010

can't compile map after update

Hi,

so i made a basic map in Hammer, and I was able to compile it using the RUN MAP command in FILE.

Because I needed to fix some props, I exited the map and steam updated Alien Swarm and the SDK (7/22/2010) and now everytime i RUN MAP, the command console comes up with all these yellow messages "XX is out of map" and a red message "empty map" at the end. I didn't change anything (if i added a prop, i deleted it), and nothing's out of the 6 walls of the map.

help? I really want to make some custom maps!
  • Schleicher
    • Jun 2003

Had me worried there (really )but i checked and got no problem running it with both normal and advanced parameters. Are you sure you dont have a playerstart or something outside the level box?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

• thedenger
      • Jul 2010

since i'm new, what objects can overlap in hammer?

I know that objects can't be in the black "void space", but can a pipe be halway in the floor? Can two props' boxes overlap? What other things can/cannot overlap?

Comment

• thedenger
        • Jul 2010

now i've put a func_brush structure seal around the map, but the error is now "*leak*

i'm at a loss. the map won't compile.

Comment

• Dalai
          Project Lead
          • May 2002

Try using the expert compile options instead of the simple ones. You can remove the '-alldetail' parameter from VBSP if you're sealing your level inside a regular solid brush. Using -alldetail is preferred for better performance and faster build times though.

Comment

Working...
          X