X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyTheWolf
    • Jul 2006

Help with rebalancing mod

Since I suck at mapping or modelling, I was thinking about attempting to rebalance the characters' and weapons' stats more to my liking. That's something I enjoyed doing with STALKER (a game without a true SDK to being with) and I was hoping to try something similar with Alien Swarm. I already started to experiment with console commands, and now I'm willing to try more advanced stuff.

How exactly should I proceed? What files need to be modified?
  • DeepQantas
    Tester
    • Jun 2002

There's a lot of asw_weapon_ files at \alien swarm\swarm\scripts

Also marines_skills.cfg at \alien swarm\swarm\cfg

You should probably override those files with an addon rather than modifying the originals. Not sure how the addons work, tho.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

• Arcalane
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by DeepQantas View Post
      You should probably override those files with an addon rather than modifying the originals. Not sure how the addons work, tho.
      Pretty easy to set them up - it's not unlike making a .zip file with folders, though you have to use the .vpk creation tools instead of course.

Once the vpk is made, stick it in your /addons/ folder and load it up in-game under Options -> Addons.

You'll probably need to restart the game after enabling the addon for the changes to take effect though.
      Previously known as Exo. Yes, that Exo.

Comment

• JohnnyTheWolf
        • Jul 2006

Thanks! Gonna start experimenting right away.

Comment

Working...
        X