Thread: Can't compile my map

Angry Can't compile my map

When I go to compile any map in the SDK, even the default library ones I receive this message "Can't decode command files".

Not sure what this error means, as I have searched everywhere, I have compiled maps in TF2 and other games with the SDK in the past with no problem using this machine.

PC Specs Info: Windows 7 64-bit, AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8200, 4GB RAM.

If anyone can help, I will be very thankful!

Registered
    May 2002
    Strange. Can you try verifying cache integrity on both Alien Swarm and the SDK?

Thanks for the reply Dalai!
    I did as you said, the files were fine for Alien Swarm, but it found and restored 1 missing file for the SDK, although it still says the same message when i try compile :S

Could it be my map?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qzhv9e6na1y55s3
    Last edited by TheOnlyAnderson; 24th Jul 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2010

Try this..

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Anton/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]This is what worked for me. I did not have your error however. Mine said it was just leaking and it pointed me out to nowhere. Good luck.

sorry for the weirdly sized image.

Thanks for the help, but still can't seem to fix it I have removed the SDK twice and it still doesn't work. Might try a re-installation of steam, but it's weird no one else has had this issue yet...

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Not entirely on topic, but since the newest update my map doesnt compile right (new built stuff doesnt show, seems infact stuck on an earlier phase) until i save the map as a completely new file? <<

Thread Information