Thread: The TUT "Thief" speech sounds?

Registered
    Nov 2003

The TUT "Thief" speech sounds?

The speech sfx of the thief voice in tut like "...target practise" "like stealing candy from a baby" etc.. are these available to download somewhere? if not, how can I get these sounds via the game? thanks

Registered
    Jan 2003
    They're in .uax format, in UT/Thievery/th-sounds

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=519505
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Yes.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    The "Elite" Thief remake?

By the way this is an excellent example how to make promotional video for TUT.
    You even do not have to post links over forums because other people will do it for you and number of views in web search.
    One simple movie can be more efficient than many long and boring videos.
    Last edited by Bandit; 13th Jan 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    uhh -_- converters and bla bla.. did someone manage to convert? is someone sitting on these thief speeches in whatever other format maybe? >.<

I thought you could select the sound in UED and say export and it would make it into a .wav or something.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=519505

...I just clicked Shugs link and realized we were at the same page...I'm posting it anyway.

OOH EDIT:
    I just found UMXrip in an old directory but I can't run it, I'm assuming its corrupt. Also Modplug will do uax to wav (the link in the thread is still good)

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/unrea...7153/r2157154/
    Last edited by Asaltec..SaitoNai; 14th Jan 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    yea, found the file in th-sounds "ThiefTaunts.uax" only 681 kb

I actually dont want to download and install stuff atm, so im asking again if someone maybe has a program/converter installed on their computer and maybe could rip these as a favour, if, its not to much to ask ofc! >.<

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    One simple movie can be more efficient than many long and boring videos.
    i believe you are wrong, how potential players, can view real gameplay then, if all the videos would be like elite thief? We need also rough gameplay videos, not only trailers, or "fun stuff mashup" like "elite thief".

Registered
    Nov 2003
    [WTaFa mode ON]
    Why we need to show rough gameplay videos?
    [/WTaFa mode OFF]

No players online? You can spectate players - LIVE! TUT TV And ask them how to play.

I mean it is more efficient because it has much more views and people like this video so they are sharing it.

Here is package for you, LoUie.

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    [WTaFa mode ON]
    Why we need to show rough gameplay videos?
    [/WTaFa mode OFF]

No players online? You can spectate players - LIVE! TUT TV And ask them how to play.

I mean it is more efficient because it has much more views and people like this video so they are sharing it.

Here is package for you, LoUie.
    *uber confusion mode on*

Registered
    Jan 2003
    He's saying a comedy video like the one Louie created is more useful in getting Thievery exposure than many short gameplay videos where new players will have a hard time following the action. If you create an interest in the game, people will check it out and learn how to play by joining servers.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Ah yeah, when it comes to ppl that hasnt played TUT at all, I agree on what Bandit and Shug is saying regarding mine and OoZe's vid

And I also agree with Neurofunker thats its important that the community actually has vid/replays/demos (whatever u wanna call it) from Real matchvids that ppl can watch or study aswell to become better etc.. well done

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Thanx for supporting idea of channel, Alex and Louie.
    And thanx for constructive critic, Bandit and Shug, also. Maybe sometimes I'll produce video remix. Still struggling myself on the way of thievery stage direction. Someone could imagine better video than "Elite thief"?

Registered
    Jan 2010
    better video then "elite thief"? Sure! http://youtu.be/AriHLilnjPE arczar!

yaaaaay! my favourite TUT player's voice haha

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    I have heard a lot opinions that TuT videos must be more cinematographic. Last one was from the Vigilant. Can I hope that I can see and teach cool things from The Greatest TUT Movie of All Time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    May I present to you the greatest TUT movie of all time...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    videos should be made.. more entertaining to watch, you collection of videos on youtube.. is prob 90% boring to watch. that doesnt mean its bad, altho 1.08 seconds watching a guard with a scouting orb.. i mean really... you have a video on tavern, a map that was never finished and never playable.. WHY!!! theres no point! another pointless one, watching 1 AI guard and his auto taunt.., the proper videos you post are fine in one way, and not in another, yes its good to see a proper game of TUT in how its played. but people dont want to watch that!! my Life of a guard and Life of a guard 2 arnt exactly master pieces, but its far more entertaining to watch then most the videos you posted. if you want to make tut videos you record entire games, then cut and paste the best bits together, add some music (make sure its useable on youtube as they block alot of music these days) the upload it. if you watch ANY other game videos, its not goign to be from start of game to end unless its a pro playing or a complete amature who normaly cannot play the game well anyway. Having full gameplay videos is fine, but i think instead of having Map playlists, you should just have "ingame" or "fullgame" videos or somthing with a similar name, have "TS videos" for ones that have people talking on them then make a collection of edited ones like i said above, best bits, give them random thief related names so you can identify them. short fast clips is all you need. if you have a good chase, or a good thief run/spawn that lasts awhile fine add it in, or make it its own video like i did with - A quick chase and Thief run

my videos are mainly of me playing so all in 1st person and guard related, a decent mix of both and how yours should look like should be like A Thievery Short, its 3 mins long and iv watched it many times, iv watched 2% of yours and dont think i ever watched an entire video. and im someone who loves thievery and would happily watch most attempts at videos. not saying there all shit, but you need something people want to watch, i would of edited 90% of your videos into one 10min long action packed video. and i would advise not going over 10 mins, people get bored then. so save extras that go over 10 mins and add them in the next one.

edit..
    but do remove the s**t :| i mean ai bots fighting each other, ai spriting into a wall... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! i mean by all means make 1 video of a collection of bugs if you must but why do you think people really want to see somthing like that..

edit 2.
    if you still have it mach, i wana see greatest movie of all time
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggie View Post
    if you still have it mach, i wana see greatest movie of all time
    Isn't it this one?

Just add CoB music and light sabers and you're set
    Play Amnesia, get insomnia.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    LOL, yeah it must be, now that is a cool movie flawless in every way and some people had the cheek to say it wasnt allowed to be in TDQ!

edit - great, thx for posting that, iv now got that song in my head /goes to dig out all his CoB cds
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Thread Information