Thread: Summer thievery

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Summer thievery

My friend from England, GrayFoxUa, want to play Thievery regularly from today.

Please post your availbility regularly on Bandit chat box - http://thievery.ovh.org/

Thank you very much.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Thank you, thank you very much for all comments in my recent thread.
    So, ladies and gentlemens, here a short video from Cult map
    Thievery UT - TH-Cult - GrayFoxUA(T)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    Aug 2005
    lol wtafa, you played the most unsuitable map for a 1v1, and just blocked the 1 main choke point that a thief must pass twice.. your not exactly encouraging people to play are ya
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    for what amount of players Cult is suitable then?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    um, its not suited at all for TvG.. you've been playing this game long enough taf to work that out as lovely as the map is, its only really suited for Coop.. and i believe its proberbly by far the best coop map there is, but for TvG.. not really..
    Videos - YouTube

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    If not for TvG then not for patient players. Lazy taffers don't need to have a reason to avoid play bigger und funny map. DE is not for 1vs1 too? What I need to play with GrayFoxUA to have fun then? Occam?
    But we'd played Kamasutra 1vs2!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    i think you missed the point somewhat.. and there is large difference in size and gameplay between DE and Cult, DE can just about be played as 1vs2 but 2v3/3v4 is better. Occam was a map designed as a joke.. kinda depressing when people vote it.. im sure mord killed many kittens because of that. Cult isnt really good for TvG gameplay, its far to spread out, far to many objectives to do, and as you clearly showed, showwhat of a good chokepoint in that one spot.. and as you clearly showed also, 4 bells, both relics in 1 spot.. silly for TvG

you can have fun with whatever map you want tafa, but posting the one map were you did.. a whole 63 damage, and 0 kills, while camping the same spot, on a map that ended when the timelimit hit 0 is not a good way to encourge people to play.
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggie View Post
    lol wtafa, you played the most unsuitable map for a 1v1, and just blocked the 1 main choke point that a thief must pass twice.. your not exactly encouraging people to play are ya

at least he is trying to do something, unlike some i don't wanna point at.

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    When 2v3/3v4 tvg was here mainstream, Keggie?
    you can have fun with whatever map you want tafa, but posting the one map were you did.. a whole 63 damage, and 0 kills, while camping the same spot, on a map that ended when the timelimit hit 0 is not a good way to encourge people to play.
    w8 a sec what encourage people to play tut then except PCGamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
    Yeah tut didn't get much publicity, unless you count the couple of articles and interviews in PCGamer
    My question
    Quote Originally Posted by WTaFa View Post
    ...Where I could see how ... funboys advertise TuT in past years? ...
    remained here without any other possible answer. Looks like people played tut kinda by accident.

I tryied to gather all AIs at the exit on DE (check evalution of guard exit camping on pics) and as you could see on video thief couldn't pass this good (like in Cult) chokepoint. And no need to care about 4 bells and both relics.
    BTW could somebody explain how that AI could work underworld?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuroFunkeR View Post
    at least he is trying to do something, unlike some i don't wanna point at.
    oh shush you, i dont recall you ever doing anything usefull for thievery either btw. im not telling him not to do it, im trying to point out ways of doing it better.

When 2v3/3v4 tvg was here mainstream, Keggie?
    Nothing's ever mainstream.. some things just work better.. those team sizers are certainly more what i prefer, less then 4 players or more then 7 aint worth playing, unless you have a map more suited to it.

w8 a sec what encourage people to play tut then except PCGamer?

My question

remained here without any other possible answer. Looks like people played tut kinda by accident.
    most people proberbly did.. i know i did, word of mouth or thief fanatic's who found it via TTLG.. and i dont see the point you draging the other thread's info in here.. you posted advertising you playing, i was only suggesting ways to improve it, not getting into a debate about advertising thievery..

I tryied to gather all AIs at the exit on DE (check evalution of guard exit camping on pics) and as you could see on video thief couldn't pass this good (like in Cult) chokepoint. And no need to care about 4 bells and both relics.
    yeah and it shouldnt of got you very far, 5 lives left after 2nd thief died.. if you played people who knew what they were doing it wouldnt of been that hard to get past there.. 5 lives is alot to DM the crap out of those AI which are sitting ducks from a roof sniper.. or simple 1 decoy, 1 flashbomb and 1 catfall to escape.. would ruin your entire setup.. DE is rather an easy exit to get past, especially when you have that many lives left

BTW could somebody explain how that AI could work underworld?
    lost me there, underworld?? you mean underwater?
    Videos - YouTube

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    oh shush you, i dont recall you ever doing anything usefull for thievery either btw...
    Maybe cos you didn't asked what usefull he did for Thievery? You could ask me about that also before saying such things, cos I can say too how Alex had helped in encouraging newbies.
    ..im trying to point out ways of doing it[thing/things] better.
    It's typical construction to push flame war in the internet. So here for you
    Caution: be cautious.
    Nothing's ever mainstream...
    So you easily could talk today about things that were actual years ago?
    Edit: For example about gameplay that doesn't actual on servers last years etc.
    most people proberbly did.. i know i did, word of mouth or thief fanatic's who found it via TTLG..
    But nobody here had said about this in appropriative thread. Can I ask why? Every consequence have own reason.
    ..and i dont see the point you draging the other thread's info in here.. you posted advertising you playing, i was only suggesting ways to improve it, not getting into a debate about advertising thievery..
    I'll say what I'm doing in more clear and plain form then:

I'm showing any random taffer who could visit this forum in summer that two regular players wnat to play with him/her. In any map. And even in Cult too.
    yeah and it shouldnt of got you very far, 5 lives left after 2nd thief died.. if you played people who knew what they were doing it wouldnt of been that hard to get past there.. 5 lives is alot to DM the crap out of those AI which are sitting ducks from a roof sniper.. or simple 1 decoy, 1 flashbomb and 1 catfall to escape.. would ruin your entire setup.. DE is rather an easy exit to get past, especially when you have that many lives left
    Interesting. You can easily analyze DE and at that time you aren't interested to do this for Cult. People "who knew what they were doing" can't pass observed situation in catacombs?

lost me there, underworld?? you mean underwater?
    Ah, I tried to say that I frappsed GulloneFox's underworld guard on DE , but forget that. That's right - underwater.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Maybe cos you didn't asked what usefull he did for Thievery? You could ask me about that also before saying such things, cos I can say too how Alex had helped in encouraging newbies.

It's typical construction to push flame war in the internet. So here for you
    Caution: be cautious.
    incase you didnt notice he started it not me. and if you consider helping newbies useful then i certainly did my share, so dont jump sides yourself. i havnt played tut properly for years but i still post here answering any questions if i can. and as you seem to understand other links as proof, http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=13527, tell me where alex'es usefullness to help newbs is in that thread.

So you easily could talk today about things that were actual years ago?
    Edit: For example about gameplay that doesn't actual on servers last years etc.
    if they are relavant yes. and gameplay doesnt change that much, it only depends on who is playing as to what style of play is used.

I'll say what I'm doing in more clear and plain form then:

I'm showing any random taffer who could visit this forum in summer that two regular players wnat to play with him/her. In any map. And even in Cult too.
    ok, let me say it in a more clear and plain form then

WATCHING THOSE VIDEOS IS BORING AS HELL AND DOESNT ENCOURGE ME TO WANT TO PLAY THIEVERY AGAIN. AND IF I WAS WATCHING IT AS MY FIRST THIEVERY GAME EVER I WOULDNT GIVE IT A SECOND LOOK! IM TRYING TO POINT OUT YOU COULD IMPROVE IT GREATLY BY POSTING BETTER STUFF RATHER THEN YOU CAMPING AT 1 CHOKE POINT FOR 5 MINS!

geeze! im not criticizing you for doing it, im just saying it's not that encourging and it can be done better. by all means go ahead and post more videos and screenshots if you wish, if it will enoucge people to play tut. i just think you can do it better, iv told you before about your youtube channel and your doing the same thing, you upload videos which arnt that fun or enjoyable to watch and dont encourge people to play. you could edit all those videos ... (all 285 of them) you have uploaded into 10/20 videos that would be worth watching and might encourge people to play.. i know if you only had that many decent videos i would watch them all, but i sure as hell arnt going to work my way thought 285 when most of them arnt worth watching.. i mean ffs play cult if you want to show off you are happy to play that map, just dont upload a 5 min video of you sitting in the same spot doing absolutly nothing.

Interesting. You can easily analyze DE and at that time you aren't interested to do this for Cult. People "who knew what they were doing" can't pass observed situation in catacombs?
    actualy i didn't analyze either map. i pointed out DE is a dam sight easier then cult and a far more map suited for TvG. Cult is far to large, far to spreadout and has far too many objectives to do for it to be a decent TvG map. DE has 2 key locations of loot, which only takes 2/3 guards to contain map control against a loan thief, there would still be action and plenty of thieving and no running miles from objective to objective, and when the thief dies he will only ever drop the book, not 5 objective items that make it rather difficult to pick them back up.
    Videos - YouTube

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Even if he started this twice, I'm interested to see where all of us tried to encourage newbies outside main Thievery board.
    I saw how Bandit, FRH, Alex, MasterBuilder, Unstop posted on other web sites. There were other taffers in past also but I don't remember em sorry. Don't know them very well thus can't recall easily.
    How we can encourage new member on forum more that was done by TuT itself? Newcomer who didn't played with us on servers much before joining BCG? Maybe he/she wanted to post here more then to play with us? We can't ask other regular thievery player who could bring this newbie to us. Newbie had came alone and gone alone too.

So enemy style is the first and the last important thing that pushes player to worry about something in game. One player vs one player could challenge each other in many forms. Experienced 1vs1 players can variable these challenges as much as 2v2/2v3... I challenged GrayFox on Cult and JohnDilinger challenged me 1v1 on Spider. I've guarded upper switch with many AIs and he lured a lot of them and locked em (check mapsshot).

Sorry, guys. You all are right about my vids. But there're some issues:
    1. For my own perspective my web site prototype is on the first place for me then copy-cut-paste video work.
    2. And this video edit work could be boring like watching these raw records.
    3. You all, who knows how better videos could be produced, can say on forum these in detailed form.
    4. Or view and dl from youtube and copy-cut-paste my raw videos to make something better.
    But, as I recall my BCG readings, to see written video scenario by our community is so possible as to see article written by somebody about TuT. So non-creativity and boreness owned hearts of taffers, Keggie.

Thank for describing in more plain form map issues with these maps. I can't read somewhere about what issues (my fav word) that makes map good for Coop or for ThiefMatch. For example it's hard to get why these four bells objs makes Cult great for Coop.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I sense some bromance in the air.... :-)
    Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
    Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
    Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Banned
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    A pity that you, Mono, are not interested to sense just a simple TuT romance with other six players that had played yesterday, on Sunday.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Thank for describing in more plain form map issues with these maps. I can't read somewhere about what issues (my fav word) that makes map good for Coop or for ThiefMatch. For example it's hard to get why these four bells objs makes Cult great for Coop.

have you actualy played coop at any lengh of time with a group of 4/5+ players? any standand map is over within 2/3 minutes. Cult isnt THAT good a coop map, but its far more suited to it and due to its size and number of objectives it last's longer, its not just a mad rush of 5 people for 1 objective, you actualty get the chance to do somthing. Thiefmatch maps.. there arnt any, TM needs its own maps and tbh its not that good a gametype setup, which is why its a beta, its an unfinished mod, its only good for a quick mess about really. really should be altered, last thief standing isnt a good way of determining the winning, especialy when all you have to do is rejoin to get more lives.
    Videos - YouTube

Thread Information