X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keggie
    • Aug 2005

Nighide Campaign

Welcome to the Nighide Research Facility Marines, This is one of many research facilities for new technology and equipment for use in the IAF and other organizations to combat the bug threat. As part of the company policy each Facility gets in contact to report there status on any upgrades, however this Facility has failed to get in contact with the Main HQ, squads from the NRF have been sent to the area but contact was lost. So they contacted us for help, Your mission is simple, infiltrate the NRF and find out what's going on, scout reports have picked up a large swarm presence, so objective two is to rescue any marines or civilians you find and aid them in any way. Good Luck Marines.

Enjoy and hf
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    Latest Update - Download Beta 4 here
    ~Keggie
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Keggie; 11 Nov 2012, 10:59 AM.
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube
  • BiG_D
    Former Forum Staff
    • Jan 2003

This is an awesome surprise
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

well hopfully it stays that way and doesnt turn into an awesome disapointment after you have played it
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
        • Dec 2007

I played through the first map so far. Setting is good as it's not the usual run through a series of rooms. Good starting map so far. Ammo was abit short in the middle of it but that might be normal for me (until I found the room after a gate that needed to be hacked). The AI players had a few problems to get over certain obstacles sometimes (near some stairs). But other than that it worked well.

I was looking for the exit for about 15 minutes, until I got bored and looked up in UED. I found out I needed to destroy the barrels, which I did. The sudden swarm of about ~90-100 aliens killed me though and I had to redo the map .

Second map looks interesting too, might give it a try next time, but not now .
        [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
        Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• Rob
          • Mar 2007

installed on alienswarm.de

testing it...
          Just for fun
          alienswarm.de

Comment

• lightfoot
            • Oct 2005

First impressions are good. Wow, there is a (nice) campaign lobby, and even an epilogue after the last map.

Found some glitches already, will take down notes, and send you a list, Keggie.

I must say I am impressed. A ten-maps campaign, appearing out of the blue? That's really something.

Rob has installed the camp at the DE server #1. The campaign entry didn't work yet, and if you vote the maps as a CC, you only get 9 map slots. Good enough for testing tho.

So there will be a swarm event this evening, starting off around 20 GMT.

Comment

• Keggie
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
              I played through the first map so far. Setting is good as it's not the usual run through a series of rooms. Good starting map so far. Ammo was abit short in the middle of it but that might be normal for me (until I found the room after a gate that needed to be hacked). The AI players had a few problems to get over certain obstacles sometimes (near some stairs). But other than that it worked well.
              well i tried to make all the maps a little different in one way or another, the first map was suposed to be pretty easy and random, you can run whichever way you want and kill bugs in whichever area. so straight forward path untill the end. there are 2 sections that can be hacked, both have extra bugs and ammo in making the map faster, on the whole tho it's meant as a warm up map, they get harder i also tried to give the tech extra stuff to do, the tech is force needed in.. 2 maps i believe, tripple reactor and record keeping, however some maps have extra hacks spots to activate better stuff, ie sentries and weapon storage rooms

I was looking for the exit for about 15 minutes, until I got bored and looked up in UED. I found out I needed to destroy the barrels, which I did. The sudden swarm of about ~90-100 aliens killed me though and I had to redo the map.
              ah bugger! i meant to put in an objective to find a way through the wall... does need somthing there as its not particualy obvious.. theres about 60 bugs there iirc but big swarms die fast when officers use prox mines, ruins the fun!

Second map looks interesting too, might give it a try next time, but not now.
              that was the first map prob my least fav now, but requires the most teamwork to make it much easier both halfs of the map are easier if you split into 2 teams (well the first half you have too) it can be anoying to play in single player as you have to set up each marine at a time, other maps you can kinda wing it more.

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              installed on alienswarm.de
              thx

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
              Found some glitches already, will take down notes, and send you a list, Keggie.
              yeah pm me or post em here, dont mind, i allready know of a few, once i got enough data i will update them. really need to go over the AI pathing in the vents, keep getting stuck.. rather anoying, even force pathing doesnt work, somtimes the marines try to cut a corner in a vent... also if you have problems with AI on ladders, just keep hitting follow me and they should follow, i meant to double check medical centre ladder as i was having problems with that one..

I must say I am impressed. A ten-maps campaign, appearing out of the blue? That's really something.
              well is the nature of how i mod, i start one thing and suddenly it expands to a rather larger mod.. originaly i was planning 1 map, turned into mini 3 map campaign, then lept to a 7 map campagin with a story, and few maps got added. tbh tho there are 2 more maps i was planning they didnt make the 2 month deadline maybe i will make them later... who knows tbh tho i've had ideas for somthing a little different as a follow up campaign but i doubt i will ever make it as the swarm comunity is rather dead, at the end of this campagin you stand with 2 other marines, the next campagin would start where this one ends and you would be controling those 2 marines, they would share some of the 4 class abilites and the campagin would be built for 2 players, so better for online play in small comunities, but as i said.. doubt it will happen, just another idea in my head of thousnds have a ut2k4 mod to finish yet

of the 10 maps tho, queenie/last stand are both rather small, took 2/3 nights each to make, Cavens is prob my favirote map from the sheer randomnes of aliens, and that only took 2 nights to make too..

The campaign entry didn't work yet, and if you vote the maps as a CC, you only get 9 map slots. Good enough for testing tho.
              errr have to say i have no server to test it on, do you know which map is missing, and (for rob) is there any usefull info in the log that could identify the problem?
              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Trapmaster
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                well i tried to make all the maps a little different in one way or another, the first map was suposed to be pretty easy and random
                Yes and it was a good introductionary map .

Tell me if you need ressources for a campaign overview map and stuff like this. Maybe I can come up with something but not sure. You know my gfx skills .

ah bugger! i meant to put in an objective to find a way through the wall... does need somthing there as its not particualy obvious.. theres about 60 bugs there iirc but big swarms die fast when officers use prox mines, ruins the fun!
                Ah, yeah that could have helped here lol.

that was the first map prob my least fav now, but requires the most teamwork to make it much easier both halfs of the map are easier if you split into 2 teams (well the first half you have too) it can be anoying to play in single player as you have to set up each marine at a time, other maps you can kinda wing it more.
                Ah, yeah I noticed that too, on the second try when I realized I needed another marine to open up the door again after hacking the energy back online . Boohoo!
                [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• lightfoot
                  • Oct 2005

keggie/Rob, I suppose the problem with the missing campaign entry in the vote menu is in the server settings, cos in singleplayer I do get that entry in the main menu, and all works fine. The 'medical' mission is not to be found in the menu either, could that be the reason?

Comment

• Felix
                    • Apr 2006

Mirror on alienswarm.de

AoNighide Campaign.zip
                    www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• NoData
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                      Have you completely uploading it? Zip is too small (10mb) and corrupted.
                      My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                      And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

• Rob
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by NoData View Post
                        HZip is too small (10mb) and corrupted.
                        yes it is to smal ... i fix it
                        Just for fun
                        alienswarm.de

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                          • Apr 2005

Excellent content, keep up the good work!
                          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Keggie
                            • Aug 2005

thx
                            Videos - YouTube

Comment

• lightfoot
                              • Oct 2005

we had 10 people on the server tonight, like a real revival party.

maps are nice. well, from what we've seen so far, which wasn't much, cos we haven't been able to beat the 2nd, not even on normal difficulty. but let's blame that on the rustyness for now.

1st one is solid, and comparably easy, which is very okay for a 1st map. Could use a few touches to make it look a bit more interesting, I think, but is already fine enough, once the few glitches are ironed out.

2nd one is really nicely designed, has good ideas, and plays well. could be a little shorter, though, or split in two.

more feedback will come. tomorrow there will be another testing session. be there or be sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X