Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • industrialism
    • Mar 2004

Waiting for Garrett to speak - don't know about you tafferz.

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

nice pictures, that last one looks like it was based on London's old tower bridge
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• [E.D.G]Chief
        • Jan 2003

The last one is the background of the thief4.com site (the site which completely fails to render properly for me on firefox which is odd).
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

• BrokenArts
          Former Forum Staff
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by industrialism View Post
          Waiting for Garrett to speak - don't know about you tafferz.
          If it does not have Stephen Russell as Garrett, it won't be Thief.

Comment

• Keggie
            • Aug 2005

what about if Garrett is no longer in it?
            Videos - YouTube

Comment

• [E.D.G]Chief
              • Jan 2003

nice pictures, that last one looks like it was based on London's old tower bridge
              But was the Hag a fair lady?

I'd say that hopefully SE learnt alot about keeping original voice actors over the Hitman Absolution scandals.

However, wasn't SR on bio inf, and could that have impacted on how much time he had to devote to other projects such as thief.

And is his talent good enough to become a goth garrett !

"I am Garrett, and I'm not a vampire!".

I think the thief will still be called Garrett (or maybe son of Garrett with weird freaky pagan abilities whom he got from his mother Viktoria).

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

• Keggie
                • Aug 2005

wouldn't surprise me i assume its prob going to have a level up ability of some sort like most games now, unlock special Pagan magic ><!
                Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Antero90
                  • Jan 2003

I have seen the gameinformer videos and I can't say im hopefull...
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

• industrialism
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BrokenArts View Post
                    If it does not have Stephen Russell as Garrett, it won't be Thief.
                    Here we go

I'm not happy, "2014 release" they could rectify this by then... we forgive you?

Aww god I wonder what the ttlg and Thief4 forums are like right now...
                    Last edited by industrialism; 2 Apr 2013, 02:07 PM. Reason: posted before viewing.

Comment

• Antero90
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by industrialism View Post
                      That's very carefully made trailer.
                      No white Garret and a new voice actor trying to impersonate Russel. All the classic tools being shown and a very quick shot of the mechanical bow not to anger the goblin.
                      Right words used like ghost, timing and oportunity.
                      First ingame shot is in first person, too bad there is only 2.
                      Images shown could belong to any thief game, fat loot walking noble getting inside, "oh... big bad guard at the front, will get distracted soon".
                      Almost perfect until the final bit where Garrett (finally) turns into Neo from matrix. I wonder why the neo-garret detonates the flash bomb when he is already outisde?

Eidos, I hope your homework wasn't all spent in doing this near perfect trailer.
                      Feel the power of the

Comment

• BrokenArts
                        Former Forum Staff
                        • Jan 2003

I really hope that is just a stand in as far as the voice of Garrett is concerned. I've read so many people aren't pleased with that voice. Lets hope Stephen returns.

Comment

• Trapmaster
                          • Dec 2007

I hope for they keep the universe consistent and not fully "reboot" it . As in "Thief 1-3 never happend! There never were any pagans/hammerites/keepers!"

The mechanical eye is still there, so it could point out they keep up the events of the earlier games. But I still say the older factions deserve some appearance or mentioning too.
                          [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                          Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• [E.D.G]Chief
                            • Jan 2003

I wonder why the neo-garret detonates the flash bomb when he is already outisde?
                            I wans't so sure if it was a flashbomb, I thought it might be some form of grenade.

My reasoning being - the window Garrett jumps through at the end seems to be breaking before he reaches it - from the force of the explosion say, which I'd have thought a flashbomb wouldn't do.

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

• BrokenArts
                              Former Forum Staff
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
                              I hope for they keep the universe consistent and not fully "reboot" it . As in "Thief 1-3 never happend! There never were any pagans/hammerites/keepers!"

The mechanical eye is still there, so it could point out they keep up the events of the earlier games. But I still say the older factions deserve some appearance or mentioning too.
                              I totally agree, the hammerites, even though I beat the crap out of them sometimes, I do love them very much. Mechanists, not so much.

Comment

• industrialism
                                • Mar 2004

Been thinking a bit more about this, hate to be the one to say it.

This title (what ever they do with it) wouldn't work well with the previous voice actor for Garrett now, looking at the artwork and trailer, or even the same voices for the other charcters - simply you would take the game; as starting off after Thief 4... stealing what it is to make something out of essentially nothing people are going to respect with the alterations (like DS all over again but a mega uproar) (limiting the project as it has to adhere to the past and somewhow bring something new to the Thief universe to continue evolving and top the previous *Garretts in deep water part 4*, unless it's a new character and then yea - Garrett could be around, I suppose, which I had considered so you can start again but then you lose Garrett, so you limit the project before you begin-starting off from where Thief DS ended, I'm just wondering how far ahead the team has conceptually thought about this title, Deus ex I can see sequels... Thief *heh*.

That voice actor is so stronlgy associated with the past three games and then the memories expectations etc, it just limits the project, Imagine redoing Thief 2 or even one map from it as a memory to play within this project? you can't really add much new except Graphics unles you rework it (but how much?)- sad yes; also not very entertaining if your a fan allready you know how to beat the map etc *like what they did with the place - really done it up* so there is no point redoing the previous games exactly how they were over again, but for Thief to work today (even for a sequel after this new project, although starting in a late era - how modern is it going to get...) I guess this is what has to be done, also they can go backwards and forwards in time of the title because it's a revision of the storyline and charcter without limitations, if not carrying on where DS left off, it's not going to be the forth or the same voice of the chacter we know, it's capturing a new audiance, with an old tale... that we do know but... everything is different but of the same theme.

Comment

Working...
                                X