Clear All
  • Moses2k
    • Oct 2004

Alien Swarm FP (first person) Greenlit

• lightfoot
    • Oct 2005

buahahah. The looks were the best thing about swarm v2, now it is time to
    ruin that too.

The tilted view was already a step back, gameplay-wise, why stop there. No, let's go all the way, surely another generic first person space shooter is what the world needs.
    Last edited by lightfoot; 22 Oct 2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Moses2k
      • Oct 2004

I'm a little more positive about it, since, well, it IS Alien Swarm. Maybe it'll be a coopy good time? I get the impression that if spawns are left alone, it's going to be much much harder though.

ASw Classic 4 Life

Comment

• lightfoot
        • Oct 2005

I would much rather like to see a 'classic mode', with such nice features as an easy way to play custom content on servers, top-down view, less waiting and useless clicking to just restart a map, single play availiable, jumping etc. Y'know, all the stuff that somehow became uninvented.

This may sound ungrateful, and maybe my expectations were too high, but if I compare the two versions, I have a somehow spartanic but sleek and responsive sports car, and a luxurious but slow caravan.

Also, swarm v1 got several substantial updates which kept it fresh for many years, v2 felt like dead and abandoned only two years after release, despite a much larger player base.
        Oh, there is a lot of fan-made content, but it never became honoured with integration, and thus it hardly ever is played. Which is, in my view, the reason why v2 aged much faster.

Comment

• Moses2k
          • Oct 2004

You make a compelling case. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

Working...
          X