Thread: Guilds

Guilds such as these all guard guilds n stuff. Tbh i dont like playing guard myself, but some people do. Maybe each guild could have a thief team and a guard team. Then guard team challenges another guild, and the thief guild is used. This way people get to play on the team they like the most.

The only thing is, i bet alot of people dont like the guard team too much, and want to be a thief. So this would probably make an uneven number of thief guilds etc.

With the exception of RLF, all the existing guilds are integrated guilds, that is, they all partake equally of both the thief and guard aspects of the game. It makes the game that much more interesting for those players that way. I, for one, would not want to play exclusively thief or exclusively guard.

And you dont think being a guard is painfully boring, just sitting there camping an objective?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear
    And you dont think being a guard is painfully boring, just sitting there camping an objective?
    That's not what I do when I guard.

Even when i do patrol around, I get lost and it still gets boring, cos all the thieves hide in the shadows and you dont see them. Oh yeah, when i do find them. They see me first so they're ready to run, and by the time ive dropped the flare they're gone.

Actually being able to flush and kill them is a skill that will come with time and practice. As for getting lost, we all did that at first. Eventually, we learned our way around the maps.

so eventually it will be 'fun' to be a guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear
    so eventually it will be 'fun' to be a guard?
    As soon as you start getting kills regularly. It's a blast to flush out a thief, whack him to death, and take back all the stuff he stole.

However, some patience is necessary. Stalking a thief properly can take some time, and you need the patience to be able to take the time to learn, as well.

you on IRC btw?

im usually on irc.quakenet.eu.org 6667 name: Nuclear
    and im also on irc.starchat.net 6667 name: Nuclear

it'd be faster to talk to each other over that hehe

No, I'm at "work" right now. Best I can manage here is ICQ. Contact info is in my forum profile.

ewww, dont like ICQ its yucky

Thread Information