Thread: Currently working on....

Registered
    Jan 2003
    currently i am making the following missions (just so noone else does and we end up with 2 dif versions)

remake of blackmail (mission 7 i believe) in thief 2
    remake of trail of blood
    later may come masks..
    UmbrellManor

after those i will probably do life of the party in 2 parts and eavesdropping...

Registered
    Feb 2003
    wow thats a hefty load, are you planning on using the converting tool if you can get it to work and then editing the map for online play?

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Shoalsgate is still mine... :twisted:

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by killed
    wow thats a hefty load, are you planning on using the converting tool if you can get it to work and then editing the map for online play?
    yes but i still got a lot of work. i wanna make the maps just as good as originals and i gotta somehow make them work well for online play. so some objectives may be changed...you guys wanna help think of a good objective for blackmail? so far i ogt a loot objective and that's about it lol

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkProject
    yes but i still got a lot of work. i wanna make the maps just as good as originals and i gotta somehow make them work well for online play. so some objectives may be changed...you guys wanna help think of a good objective for blackmail? so far i ogt a loot objective and that's about it lol
    Easy...
    Your not Garret, right? so who could you be...
    Assassian!...

Kill the bastard instead of blackmailing him. :wink:

Registered
    Apr 2003
    hey DP. WHy not do wat I've been thinking about doing for a while and just create a new game type. Make it one player or create a new online game type. Ive been throwing around the idea of making sort of a CTF type game type were each team tries to retrieve a certain item and bring it back. I dont know if this helps or not. I really would like to create a first person campaign for this game though. I think it would be cool. ANywho. Hope you can think of something.

hallowed

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Master-Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkProject
    Easy...
    Assassian!...

GREAT thinking!....what works the best is that there is an assassin the the real thief 2 mission that kills him ...opps...forgot the spoiler tag :-/

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Exactly. :wink:

Master-Builder is on a great Idea Spree... spree... spree

Registered
    Feb 2003
    hey great idea! that damn sheriff will get whats coming to him

but, this means that youll have to make a new player model, unless youre going to do what Burgioues did, if theres a way to apply animations from other meshes into new meshes, Ill model him for you, if youd like, (provided I have time, school is swamping me with homework, so on my next free weekend) if you want me to, just give me the poly count (doesnt have to be exact) and any other info I might need, shouldnt be too hard to model him, provided I can get some good texture maps for him

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Killed... Play some more. :wink:
    There are plenty of custom skins for guards already.
    We have Dr. Rosenberg. (Who also has to be killed!), then there's the skelstons head guards in their leather outfit. We also have Captain. Knecht in his shiny gold armor, and lastly there's the sleeping guys in bourgeois.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Killed... Play some more. :wink:
    There are plenty of custom skins for guards already.
    We have Dr. Rosenberg. (Who also has to be killed!), then there's the skelstons head guards in their leather outfit. We also have Captain. Knecht in his shiny gold armor, and lastly there's the sleeping guys in bourgeois.
    yup I know, but none of them really look like the sheriff, even geometry wise

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Easy...
    Assassian!...

Excellent idea MB, the guard conversations in that map even allude to the assasin jumping from the 3rd floor balcony to the ground, that's a thievery player with a catfall of course. 8)

DP: Perhaps add a no kill objective. There have to be guards left for Garret to deal with! Sounds like it could be a fun map to Thiefmatch.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sverrik
    Easy...
    Assassian!...

Excellent idea MB, the guard conversations in that map even allude to the assasin jumping from the 3rd floor balcony to the ground, that's a thievery player with a catfall of course. 8)

DP: Perhaps add a no kill objective. There have to be guards left for Garret to deal with! Sounds like it could be a fun map to Thiefmatch.
    no kill objective i think wouldn't allow me to have an objective that involves killing . and i would do this but i don't wanna limit the things tut players are able to do...i myself still sometimes forget about no killing on spider and i loss a life lol

Registered
    Jan 2003
    that would suck.

stops DMing tho.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Thread Information