Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All AYL must read this Thread!!!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Dodging 6 guards in the streets of Bourgeois
    Hello, fellow AYL-

At the moment, neither I nor Katra know of everyone who is a member of All Your Loot. We had some people who...decided...that it was their responsibility to recruite new members, and yet they did nothing to keep track of who these people were. This mainly happened at the birth of AYL. Now Katra and I need to know who's with us. So here's a member list so far:

Co-Leader and Founder
    Katra

Co-Leader and Head of Technical Clan Business
    The_Dragon

Member-at-Large
    Chalrif

Cliff

Daniel

Martian

Lord of Lag
    Zidane

RebelAngel

MegaDeth

PeterPan

Thats all I could come up with right now. If you should be on this list and you don't see your name here, contact me NOW at TheDragonAYL@yahoo.com. If I don't hear from you, you will not be in AYL. Sorry, but we have to keep track of our members.

Now more on AYL. We will have a website eventually, it's in the works. When it's up, you will be notified. On it will be more information about AYL, a member list, rules, ect. Until then, though, there's a few things everyone must abide by:

Please, please be polite to everyone on TUT. If you already are, then continue to do so. If not, get it together. One of the things AYL is about is manners. Be nice. Be polite. Be generous.

Do not DM. If Katra or I ever hear about any member of AYL using the sword tactic, we will be very displeased, and you'll be out. Don't blackjack every guard on the map, either. Until official practices start, I don't expect everyone to ghost, but once they do, that is the long term goal of AYL. Ghosting. Until then, try and keep the BJs down to 2 or 3.

Great! Once again, anyone who should be on this list, but isn't, please email me. We're also hoping to have an AYL practice on Friday around 2:00 p.m. Central Time if I can get the server working. If not, then we'll just be playing around. It isn't official though, since we don't know if the server will work, so don't worry if you can't make it.

Until then, take care.[/b]
    Dragon: Unforgiven Keeper. Swift, silent, smooth-talking. Militaristic, a formidable opponent. Winner.

Hmm, lets just have a look at the member list:

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon
    Co-Leader and Founder
    Katra

Co-Leader and Head of Technical Clan Business
    The_Dragon

Member-at-Large
    Chalrif

Cliff

The_Dan

Martian

Lord of Lag
    Zidane

RebelAngel

MegaDeth
    Hang on a sec...I could've sworn I saw summat...

The_Dan
    WTF??? I'M NOT A MEMBER OF AYL!!!

Do not DM. If Katra or I ever hear about any member of AYL using the sword tactic, we will be very displeased, and you'll be out.
    I already am a DM-thief, why am I on your clan list???

An explanation would be greatly appreciated

I said that the recruitments of this...member, who will at present remain anonymous, were a problem. Not because anyone he/she recruited lacked skill, but simply due to the fact that he did not keep track. I heard basically by word of mouth, and I knew I was bound to make a mistake somewhere.

The_Dan should actually read Daniel. Sorry, Dan!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hmm...I guess I wasn't logged in. I am still used to the old forum's way of refusing to let you post threads when you're not logged in. So that last post was from me.
    Dragon: Unforgiven Keeper. Swift, silent, smooth-talking. Militaristic, a formidable opponent. Winner.

The_Dan should actually read Daniel. Sorry, Dan!
    Fair enough. It's not the first time people have mixed me up with him

Registered
    Jan 2003

Registered
    Jan 2003
    The AYL Server seems to be working, so the practice will be happening. Still, if you can't make it, it's alright, just let me know (Before the practice!). Email me for a password...I'll write you back by 2:00 p.m. central time.

And until then...don't spawn rape. It isn't nice, and it takes *no* skill.

Suggestion: Work up a set of server rules (or plagiarize them, everyone else did...) and post them in the server info thread.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingRat
    Suggestion: Work up a set of server rules (or plagiarize them, everyone else did...) and post them in the server info thread.
    It looks to me like this is more for AYL members than the general public though....

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard
    It looks to me like this is more for AYL members than the general public though....
    I'd like to be able to say "According to what I'm seeing in ASE right now...", but I'm not seeing the AYL server there, so perhaps you're right. I thought when I'd seen it before, though, that it was a public server.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    The AYL server is for the general public...mostly. Today there will be a password, because I want all AYL members to get the benefit of an actual organized practice. Most of the time, however, we'd love to have you on the AYL server!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I am deeply sorry for my absence. my computer had a nasty virus, and it is now fix, as well as the problem with my laggie butt. i am, yet again, ready to steal and pillage from the guards...expect me on late Friday or Saturday!

*MegaDeth*
    MegaDeth F*^&#(! rulez!

"You feel my fingertips, you won't forget my lips
    You feel my cold breath; it's the kiss of death"

Registered
    Jan 2003
    WELCOME BACK MEGADETH

We weill se you around

:swordthi:

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yeah! My internet finally works!

Hey, y'all, Im on and ready to rumble...

For all of you that didn't know, i've been trying to experiment with servers for AYL, seeing if my computer can handle it. Katra and Cliff have been asking (on and offline) to be AYL's dedicated server, but im not sure if it will work out.

Anyway, while i try to get my server capabilities going, try testing it out if you see one labeled AYL EXPERIMENTAL after 3:00 anytime.. I'll appreciate the help.

In the meantime, i'm also trying to make a thievery level of the school, (for those of you that are in it) and would really like some tips and tricks for UnrealED. If ya got anything post it to me.

Katra is right, by the way. The humble thief is a good thief. SHow some manners online; i've caught a few players that don't. CYA!
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Do not DM. If Katra or I ever hear about any member of AYL using the sword tactic, we will be very displeased, and you'll be out.
    So in your opinion using the sword always means DMing ? What do you have against swordblocking ? Guards can use xbow to kill single thieves , and a pair of virusing thieves is easily defeated with a guard teammate , or a few caltrops and parabolts. It's a very legitimate tactic , allowing thieves to fall back once they have an objective for exemple. Only doorways and vents allow swordblockers to hold the position (again , until guards start shooting bolts) , any larger space lets the guard slash them by turning around.

Swordthieving is generally suicidary. Huge expense on general equipment , and useless against guards using the Mace.

Sure , none of this is ghosting , but swordblocking is NOT a cheap tactic (well perhaps on noobs or stupid players)

Quote Originally Posted by Stakhanov
    Swordthieving is generally suicidary. Huge expense on general equipment , and useless against guards using the Mace.
    Blocking is not useless against the mace. It can be blocked as easily as a sword.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Stakhanov-

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe the title of this thread is "All AYL Must Read This Thread!" This means that its for members of AYL. I am not trying to control how people play, no matter how annoying I think sword-wielding thieves are. I thieved breakout today with a newbie who continuously sword-dmed, wasting all of our lives. After the third live lost I warned him that this was not a tactic many players smile upon, although some still do it. I warned him that if he wanted to develop a really good reputation, he should try to not dm at all. But I also allowed him to play however he wanted. Its just a game.

I told no members of AYL to DM, which includes using a sword. Are you in AYL Stakhanov? No. So play however you like.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I told no members of AYL to DM, which includes using a sword. Are you in AYL Stakhanov? No. So play however you like.
    ...SO THERE Nyeah :x

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Until then, though, there's a few things everyone must abide by:

Please, please be polite to everyone on TUT. If you already are, then continue to do so. If not, get it together. One of the things AYL is about is manners. Be nice. Be polite. Be generous.
    I got a total ribbing for DMing by both your members last night? One of which was you.
    is this part of the policy or are the leaders not meant to be under those rules?
    I was also threatened a ban from MOGS sice he was a "friend of his" for spawnraping, When i was a thief on Gerome. Any chance you wanna clear this up?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Ok, now... I'm seriously confused. I personally see no problem using the sword as a LAST RESORT, but I agree that more than 2 thief-sword kills in any one level is just plain stupid.

Anyway, the reason that I really posted was to lay down a request...
    I NEED TO KEEP TRACK OF WHO IS IN AYL!
    I tried talking to Katra offline but he doesn't seem to know. Also, searching the Forum doesn't work, too many people who are not in AYL post, and some in AYL dont post.

So, E-mail me at Chaosrunner@swirvemail.com, telling me your AYL name as well as strengths and things you need to work on. Should look a little something like this:

Resident Sniper
    Radamanthus
    Strenghts: Sniping, traps
    Weaknesses: hand-to-hand combat, ghosting, speed, agility

You'll only be e-mailing it to me, so don't worry about anyone using it against you, as I won't.

Last thing- My parents don't want me using my brand-new P4 2.6 ghz computer with a cable modem for servers, so tough luck... i'm already in trouble with them as it is

*NOTE* Sorry for the long posts.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I forgot to mention... i need someone to set up a practice server for tomorrow, Tuesday the 21st, so that we can practice.

AAAGH! Two posts in three seconds!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Three minutes: a third post! i really gotta say everything now...

Aggamemnon Wrote:
    I got a total ribbing for DMing by both your members last night? One of which was you.
    is this part of the policy or are the leaders not meant to be under those rules?
    I was also threatened a ban from MOGS sice he was a "friend of his" for spawnraping, When i was a thief on Gerome. Any chance you wanna clear this up?

ahh.. no. I don't think we can talk to the members of other teams unless we see them online or they are in the forum. YOU CAN DO THAT YOURSELF.
    Sorry if i sound like i'm yelling...

wait, what do i mean, sound?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Bah. It's turned into a flame thread...

Agga, you KOd me numerous times. The third time in one game, I answered, "DMer..."

That was it. I don't know who else got mad at you. In Gerome, you attempted to spawn rape me twice. I was pissed and asked you why you had to spawn camp. You told me to learn how to escape it. Yet I had escaped it. It merely made me mad that you had to spawn rape to get a good score. Another player began flaming you for spawn raping, you kept saying it was my fault you were getting flamed and accused of being banned, so I left. I played two nice, quiet ghosting games with Lurox.

And Radamanthus, man, chill. I don't even know what you were talking about back there, but it sounded flame-like. If you have messages like this for me, PM me. Hear that, AYL? PM me. Enough of the flames in this thread.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I was a thief on your team on the Gerome map, try to keep up. Madawg laughed this off, but branding me as a spawnraper while im a thief on GEROME is quite funny.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    no offence to you guys, but LIGHTEN UP!

seriously, i admit that this post is beggining to sound flamelike, and more than partially because of me, but come on, laugh a little!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggamemnon
    is quite funny.
    miss this part?
    I also never had a sword when they whined at me for "DMing" i generally dont kill as a rule, but i do (as all see) KO a lot.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'm sorry Agga, and I very much believe that you were a thief on my team. I got angry when someone tried to spawn rape me twice, and then Madawg began yelling at you, telling you that you would be banned, ect. The conversation turned to spawn rape, so I had figured that it was you who raped me. About sword DMing, I hate them, but I don't think I said I ever saw you use a sword. Because I haven't. And your KOing annoys me when I'm ghosting on your team, because there is no one to ghost, but that's your tactic. If I said anything at all to you about that, it may have been "Dude, stop dming" but I play with many DMers so I don't get angry. I have no problem with your KOing.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    By the way, my definition of DMing is confronting guards and Blackjacking them. Maybe not your definition, but Dming to me is any more than 2 or 3 guard kills/kos. This is me though, so I have never yelled at anyone for not playing the way I do, except for people in AYL, because that's the way we're all supposed to play. Some AYLers just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

By the way, my definition of DMing is confronting guards and Blackjacking them. Maybe not your definition, but Dming to me is any more than 2 or 3 guard kills/kos. This is me though, so I have never yelled at anyone for not playing the way I do, except for people in AYL, because that's the way we're all supposed to play. Some AYLers just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
    Where do you draw the line, though? Two kills? Three kills? What if I'm making a BONA FIDE attempt to get the objectives and get out, but find that KO'ing 6 guards because they're in the way to be the fastest way to do it? Is that "DM'ing"? Or what if you only KO one guard, but it was unnecessary because he wasn't int he way of anything? Is THAT "DM'ing"?

I define DM'ing as an attempted win be elimination, with no regard for the other objectives at all. The NUMBER of guards you KO is irrelevant.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I draw the line as soon as it becomes unneccessary, or when the number reaches 3 guards. Unneccessary, in my opinion, is in Aquatone, when you go through the vents to the basement, which will then lead to the store rooms/kitchens. When you walk up the stairs there is a guard blocking the door with his back to you, and sometime an evidence on the ground to his right. Yet instead of KOing him I have nudged him so that I can lean and grab the evidence without him even hearing or noticing me. Basically, I view almost any KO as unneccessary, since I think any situation is escapeable, except when you are trapped in a corner with an guard blocking you. Then, you can't KO and you're pretty much dead anyway. These are just my standards though...I understand that Thievery DMing is winning by KO's, not objectives.
    Blackjack Happy is soon to be a no-no for AYL.

Thread Information