Thread: Goodness/Badness

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I reeeallllllllly want to like Night Blade. Im trying my damndest to like it. But I don't think I can.

First off, "Guildwars". Too CTF-y for my liking. Not that I have much against CTF, but its so over-used as a game mode that it's sickening. Granted theres an element added to i that no other game has brought to it before (hiding in shadows, etc), but the (pseudo)fact still remains that its a CTFish experience.

Next is the absence of dynamic lightmaps and client-side Karma Physics. This is something I don't blame in any way, shape or form, on the authors of this mod. I blame Epic in a very harsh and hateful way. I can't fathom why Epic didn't implement dynamic lightmaps, when they had the same thing in an older engine. And as for the karma physics being clientside, I again can't understand why there wouldn't be an option for server-side karma. Shame on you Epic. ops:

I'll probably try the mod. I know it Isn't Thievery. Im not saying it should be. But to make a stealh game such as NB and not have the ability to manipulate certain light sources to reflect themselves in real-time on a map, and to not have some as "basic" as picking up moving crates, just doesn't seem like it can be as fun as it should be.

Just my $0.02 + tax
    *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
    *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Realllly good points. But something tells me that Dalai and the crew can pull this off despite those problems...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I probably will like NB despite said problems. I think many others will too, even if they arn't the hardcore TUT guys.

I'm guessing this mod will have many more players, more action for all, less downtime, and generally more fun for the masses of us who like that stuff.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'll wait till a release and then I'll judge...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'll probably love the mod. It sounds like my kind of game all the way (Jedi Knight 2 meets Thief).

It's just that Thievery spoiled us all rotten.

Damn you devs for making such a good mod!! Heh...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Listen, Listen... lets just wait till we've tried it before we all go off dis-ing it.
    ~TuF~

Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine
    Listen, Listen... lets just wait till we've tried it before we all go off dis-ing it.
    Indeed. As I said, I'm skeptical, I have my concerns based on what's been said about it so far, but I'm eager to see it and have high hopes for it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I don't feel i was dissing it, per se. I merely pointed out engine flaws which take away gameplay features that seemed very common and useful from the prwvious engine and the fact that I don't enjoy the CTF feel of Guildwar. Tis all. :?
    *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
    *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankazz
    I don't feel i was dissing it, per se. I merely pointed out engine flaws which take away gameplay features that seemed very common and useful from the prwvious engine and the fact that I don't enjoy the CTF feel of Guildwar. Tis all. :?
    The previous engine was used in another game....

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingRat
    As I said, I'm skeptical, I have my concerns based on what's been said about it so far, but I'm eager to see it and have high hopes for it.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by koraX
    As I said, I'm skeptical, I have my concerns based on what's been said about it so far, but I'm eager to see it and have high hopes for it.
    Exactly
    Super-ditto.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Registered
    Aug 2003
    I'll wait until it released for me to give my verdict

HddnGk
    -==- |\/|y Th Gk B Wth Y -==-

-==- F M!-==-

HddnGk

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by koraX
    Exactly

Indeed.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Indeed. As I said, I'm skeptical, I have my concerns based on what's been said about it so far, but I'm eager to see it and have high hopes for it.
    As do I, what we all need to remember is that there is no point re-doing what has been done. Move forward, whats the point of making TUT for UT2k again... except maybe add a few pretty cherrys on top, I for one do not need GFX for a game to be sweet.

I'm looking forward to nightblade, and I think it's the natural evolution of thievery, and I'd like to think also that our suggestions here will be considered too which obviously they will otherwise the suggestions spot wouldn't have been made!!

It seems to me that the general worry is that Nightblade, will, hmm, how can I put this... not have as much depth or empathis on stealth as Thievery, and if enough people think this then surely the Devs will consider it. But, again, they aren't making the game FOR us, we'll just happen to play it

-hmmm, not sure if that last bit makes sense... geez, I could argue with myself all day!...

Shut UP! NO YOU COULDN'T!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    May 2002
    "But, again, they aren't making the game FOR us, we'll just happen to play it"

lol

As Metallica put it, "You can't make the music for other people. You have to make it for yourself."

Must be good advice, since they're probably the most popular/longest lasting hard rock band around.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingDork
    As Metallica put it, "You can't make the music for other people. You have to make it for yourself."

Must be good advice, since they're probably the most popular/longest lasting hard rock band around.
    :roll:

-Looks at signature-

~TuF~

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingDork

:roll:

-Looks at signature-

Thread Information